Ulster Squad 2019/20

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

justinr73
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2389
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by justinr73 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:50 am

Ludik confirmed in the squad for next year. The BT includes Jonny Stewart too.

Two metre Cormac is our new lock from the 7s.

A bunch released including Graham Curtis.

Bayern
Initiate
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by Bayern » Tue May 12, 2020 11:26 am

Prop
Ross Kane(Methody)
Kyle McCall(Wallace)
Jack McGrath(Leinster)
Gareth Milasinovic(SA)
Marty Moore(Leinster)
Eric O’Sullivan(Leinster)
Tom O’Toole(Campbell)
Andrew Warwick(Ballymena)
--
Callum Reid(RBAI)

Hooker
John Andrew(Ballymena)
Rob Herring(SA)
Adam McBurney(Randalstown RFC)
--
Tom Stewart(BRA)
James McCormick(Dalradia)

Lock
Sam Carter(OZ)
Iain Henderson(BRA)
Alan O’Connor(Leinster)
David O’Connor(Leinster)
Kieran Treadwell(ENG)
--
Cormac Izuchukwu(Leinster)

Backrow
Marcell Coetzee(SA)
Greg Jones(Leinster)
Jordi Murphy(Leinster)
Marcus Rea(Ballymena)
Matty Rea(Ballymena)
Sean Reidy(NZ)
Nick Timoney(Leinster)
--
Azur Allison(Ballymena)
Reuben Crothers(Wallace)
Dave McCann(RBAI)

Scrumhalf
John Cooney(Leinster)
Alby Mathewson(NZ)
David Shanahan(Leinster)
Jonny Stewart(Wallace)
--
Nathan Doak(Wallace)
Lewis Finlay(Down HS)

Outhalf
Billy Burns(ENG)
Ian Madigan(Leinster)
Bill Johnston(Munster)
--
Bruce Houston(Ballymena)

Centre
Angus Curtis(SA)
Stuart McCloskey(Bangor)
James Hume(RBAI)
Stewart Moore(Ballymena)
Luke Marshall(Wallace)
--
Hayden Hyde(Exile)
Ben Carson(Wallace)

Back Three
Matt Faddes(NZ)
Craig Gilroy(Methody)
Michael Lowry(RBAI)
Louis Ludik(SA)
Rob Lyttle(Methody)
Jacob Stockdale(Wallace)
Robert Baloucoune(Enniskillen RFC)
Will Addison(ENG)
--
Ethan McIlroy(Methody)
Conor Rankin(Campbell)
Aaron Sexton(Bangor)

germcevoy
Novice
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:13 am

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by germcevoy » Tue May 12, 2020 12:37 pm

Angus Kernohan loving on. Any word on where?

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by Neill_M » Tue May 12, 2020 12:55 pm

germcevoy wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:37 pm
Angus Kernohan loving on. Any word on where?
Previous page of thread - Ealing Trailfinders in English 2nd Tier via KOTH

User avatar
HammerTime
Squire
Posts: 744
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by HammerTime » Tue May 12, 2020 4:28 pm

Bayern wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:26 am
Prop
Ross Kane(Methody)
Kyle McCall(Wallace)
Jack McGrath(Leinster)
Gareth Milasinovic(SA)
Marty Moore(Leinster)
Eric O’Sullivan(Leinster)
Tom O’Toole(Campbell)
Andrew Warwick(Ballymena)
--
Callum Reid(RBAI)

Hooker
John Andrew(Ballymena)
Rob Herring(SA)
Adam McBurney(Randalstown RFC)
--
Tom Stewart(BRA)
James McCormick(Dalradia)

Lock
Sam Carter(OZ)
Iain Henderson(BRA)
Alan O’Connor(Leinster)
David O’Connor(Leinster)
Kieran Treadwell(ENG)
--
Cormac Izuchukwu(Leinster)

Backrow
Marcell Coetzee(SA)
Greg Jones(Leinster)
Jordi Murphy(Leinster)
Marcus Rea(Ballymena)
Matty Rea(Ballymena)
Sean Reidy(NZ)
Nick Timoney(Leinster)
--
Azur Allison(Ballymena)
Reuben Crothers(Wallace)
Dave McCann(RBAI)

Scrumhalf
John Cooney(Leinster)
Alby Mathewson(NZ)
David Shanahan(Leinster)
Jonny Stewart(Wallace)
--
Nathan Doak(Wallace)
Lewis Finlay(Down HS)

Outhalf
Billy Burns(ENG)
Ian Madigan(Leinster)
Bill Johnston(Munster)
--
Bruce Houston(Ballymena)

Centre
Angus Curtis(SA)
Stuart McCloskey(Bangor)
James Hume(RBAI)
Stewart Moore(Ballymena)
Luke Marshall(Wallace)
--
Hayden Hyde(Exile)
Ben Carson(Wallace)

Back Three
Matt Faddes(NZ)
Craig Gilroy(Methody)
Michael Lowry(RBAI)
Louis Ludik(SA)
Rob Lyttle(Methody)
Jacob Stockdale(Wallace)
Robert Baloucoune(Enniskillen RFC)
Will Addison(ENG)
--
Ethan McIlroy(Methody)
Conor Rankin(Campbell)
Aaron Sexton(Bangor)
Just seeing that you realise how little we've produced ourselves at the sufficient standard. Plenty of Irish q'd which is good but a depressingly low level of Ulster born and bred. Wtf have we been at?!

therealspratt
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1608
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by therealspratt » Tue May 12, 2020 5:18 pm

Very surprising to see Jonny Stewart there, was almost certain he'd be gone.

User avatar
Setanta
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4816
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:27 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by Setanta » Tue May 12, 2020 6:08 pm

25 of the. 58 came thru the Ulster academy - bad but not that bad.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!

germcevoy
Novice
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:13 am

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by germcevoy » Tue May 12, 2020 7:03 pm

Neill_M wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:55 pm
germcevoy wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:37 pm
Angus Kernohan loving on. Any word on where?
Previous page of thread - Ealing Trailfinders in English 2nd Tier via KOTH
Missed it. Thanks.

Bobbievee
Novice
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:36 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by Bobbievee » Tue May 12, 2020 10:40 pm

Bayer
Good man
Thank you
BV

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6755
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by rumncoke » Wed May 13, 2020 4:09 pm

i suppose they expect Cooney to be with the Irish squad if so then one injury brings you down to a choice of one from two

but it could be Stewarts last season with the squad his box kicking is suspect to a charge down and or worse someone gets penalised for blocking when trying to protect him.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

User avatar
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2033
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by kingofthehill » Wed May 27, 2020 9:36 pm

Neill_M wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:55 pm
germcevoy wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:37 pm
Angus Kernohan loving on. Any word on where?
Previous page of thread - Ealing Trailfinders in English 2nd Tier via KOTH
Confirmed
The King is dead. Long live the King.

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22917
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by Snipe Watson » Thu May 28, 2020 4:43 pm

kingofthehill wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:36 pm
Neill_M wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:55 pm
germcevoy wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:37 pm
Angus Kernohan loving on. Any word on where?
Previous page of thread - Ealing Trailfinders in English 2nd Tier via KOTH
Confirmed
All the very best to him. Hope it works out well for the lad.
#NotMyCountry

User avatar
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2033
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by kingofthehill » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:23 pm

kingofthehill wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:46 pm
Kernohan to Ealing. Wasn’t far wrong last year when I said he would end up in Jersey.

Jonny Stewart gone as well.
Not so sure I’m wrong.
The King is dead. Long live the King.

User avatar
Kanbei
Novice
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by Kanbei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:01 pm

Bit odd to announce him in the squad for next season and then release him?

Know we are a bit stocked at scrum half now anyway so wouldn't see much game time.

User avatar
Hans Indaruck
Initiate
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: The Wee North

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by Hans Indaruck » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:46 pm

At the last Meet the Players event Jonny expressed his frustration at not getting game time and squad time saying he spent more time with Banbridge - so perhaps no surprise that he wants to move on especially with Alby coming in etc. A pity really I thought he was good home grown talent and had the prospect of becoming a more than useful player.
Hope is not a strategy.

Post Reply