Tickets and seat allocations 20/21

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

promsandwich
Steward

Re: Tickets and seat allocations 20/21

Post by promsandwich »

Quick question - if you choose to donate your 'credit' to Ulster rugby does this mean that:

1. Ulster retain the funds; or
2. It goes to the IRFU who choose how to distribute it?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:40 pm If there is some sort of membership for tkt access next season, it should at least be complimentary for those who have donated their unused ST credit.
M
Nail on the head.
If that was their intention one might have expected to see it in the 8 June email. The fact that it was ( presumably deliberately) not mentioned makes me suspect that more money will need to change hands from usuns to themuns. Another unnecessary PR shambles.
I used to be a trusting sort of guy before becoming an UR ST holder!
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

this is a great opportunity for those who don't fancy renewing A ST to continue their love of rugby with their local club...

Clubs needs members, and you'll find that all clubs would be delighted for you to join them, use the facilities, support the teams. The pints are cheaper than Ravenhill, and the standard of rugby will be better than you expect... go Local
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

nonplussed wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:04 pm this is a great opportunity for those who don't fancy renewing A ST to continue their love of rugby with their local club...

Clubs needs members, and you'll find that all clubs would be delighted for you to join them, use the facilities, support the teams. The pints are cheaper than Ravenhill, and the standard of rugby will be better than you expect... go Local
Absolutely a good idea - even if it does mean following the Bin-men (why are Malone nick-named that ?). As another example, I have been told by a Northampton Saints season ticket holder that they have been offered all 3 options (cash refund, donation or credit). Saints are however in a little bit better position I would say as they'd already started their 20-21 season ticket sales (he'd already bought his) and do (currently) have a waiting list for season tickets.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

WestDr wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:27 am
nonplussed wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:04 pm this is a great opportunity for those who don't fancy renewing A ST to continue their love of rugby with their local club...

Absolutely a good idea - even if it does mean following the Bin-men (why are Malone nick-named that ?). As another example, I have been told by a Northampton Saints season ticket holder that they have been offered all 3 options (cash refund, donation or credit). Saints are however in a little bit better position I would say as they'd already started their 20-21 season ticket sales (he'd already bought his) and do (currently) have a waiting list for season tickets.

I'm not surfe i could support the Bin Men, but theyve always been great hosts. I'll stick with the Hares up at the Cloughan
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Just out of curiosity, are any clubs offering refunds on membership?
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

mid ulster maestro wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:26 am Just out of curiosity, are any clubs offering refunds on membership?
Ours isnt, and I don't think any member would expect it. Touch times ahead. so please go spend you cash over the bar's.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

nonplussed wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:04 am
mid ulster maestro wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:26 am Just out of curiosity, are any clubs offering refunds on membership?
Ours isnt, and I don't think any member would expect it. Touch times ahead. so please go spend you cash over the bar's.
Yes, certainly most of the hockey clubs I know (in England) are not offering refunds on membership, mainly since this money goes early in the season on fixed costs (e.g. affiliation fees to associations and leagues etc) whilst the week-to-week costs of pitches/after-match food/refs etc are covered by match fees. Also for a lot of voluntary sports organisations in winter leagues, only the last couple of weeks were lost to Covid-19 as most finish by Easter so the gap between income and expenditure was both small and coverable by reserves. Many of the hockey leagues and associations (in England) next year are reducing/eliminating affiliation fees to reflect (a) the financial situation at the club level and (b) that the leagues may not re-start at the usual date. A number of the clubs (mainly the inner urban ones) have applied to Sport England for a small part of the £20m Govt support fund. However a lot of very good stuff has been done around pitches and hire costs by the local authorities. Much will depend on how big your physical infrastructure is and how much of it you own, and in a way the less you have the more financially resilient you might be. However, that doesn't mean that the club game doesn't need your support and cash (I note Malone RFC does contactless too...).
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Thanks guys. My club (rowing) isn't offering a refund either and more importantly no one has come looking for one. I look upon my season ticket as similar to club membership in that it gives me certain privelages so I won't be looking for a refund.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

And neither am I, but I would like to think that helps in the "queue" and any proposed cost of the new "membership" for 20/21
Bet UR don't tell us that until after 30 June!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

WestDr , any response to your 7 day requirement?
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Not impressed.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Spending money to be invited to spend money to watch your team on TV isn’t brilliant.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

A couple of levels lower than underwhelming..... meh to the power of N