Tickets and seat allocations 20/21

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Tickets and seat allocations 20/21

Post by justinr73 »

What were you expecting though?

Got mine.

What’s the away allocation likely to be for Toulouse Neill?

45?!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:58 pm What were you expecting though?

Got mine.

What’s the away allocation likely to be for Toulouse Neill?

45?!
All bets off re Toulouse. I see Marseille is now hosting the 2021 European Finals with the 2020 finals held in venues TBC.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:58 pm What were you expecting though?

Got mine.
Well, looking at it on the UR website, you can get all these benefits plus access to international tickets from the Ulster Rugby Supporters Club for £12 per year..... if I had any expectations it would be that it might exceed that ?

I'm not entirely sure what is the purpose of this #TogetherUlster membership; there's already a communications channel with the season ticket holders (after all, that's how it was sent to them), and UR do 'Team Talk' magazine, with URSC doing a regular 'Meet the Players' evenings and digital output..... #TU doesn't push you up the list above any season ticket holders beyond the 2020-21 season (or not currently) and it's reasonably unlikely that they'll change that as there's 8500 of those paying an average of £300 = £2.4m. Doesn't cost me £65 to be on the priority list for tickets at Edgbaston for the 2021-22 season nor is it something that Northampton Saints feel it necessary to do. If however I wanted to take £100k+ off 1,800 season ticket holders and others right now to bolster my books, then happy days..... I'd contend it's as cynical as that.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

In normal times priority to tickets might not amount to much but should crowds be limited especially for the European Games then priority could be valuable .

They could have possible added a little more value by adding say a 5% discount if you bought tickets for next 3 home games. Which could be be beneficial if there is a price rise in the tickets and restricted access to the bars.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Rum what next three matches nobody knows what games or when the games will be played or when spectators will be allowed into the grounds.
I can understand what UR are trying to do for their cash flow and I have a degree of sympathy but I feel that we are being asked to buy something blind. No idea how many games involved, the Lions maybe going to S Africa next summer but can’t see any Pro 14 Teams going there any time soon.
Watching the news to night not sure that the RoI Government are going to encourage mass gatherings in the near future either.
The whole thing is a mess which I can’t see being resolving quickly.
I bet the money men at CVC must be congratulating themselves in their investment decisions, I hope they are in for the long haul.
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

I don't subscribe to premier sports but am likely for the next year if access to live rugby is reduced.

I therefore took the view that £40 of the £65 is reducing my tv subscription - so I'm really only paying £25 for advanced access to tickets next year - if I only go to 5 games that's a premium of £5 per ticket and its less if I go to more games.

So many unknowns re next year including whether there'll be any games to go to even with a reduced crowd, but if £25 is the cost of a better chance of attending the games of my choice if they happen, I can live with that
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Yoda wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:02 pm I don't subscribe to premier sports but am likely for the next year if access to live rugby is reduced.

I therefore took the view that £40 of the £65 is reducing my tv subscription - so I'm really only paying £25 for advanced access to tickets next year - if I only go to 5 games that's a premium of £5 per ticket and its less if I go to more games.

So many unknowns re next year including whether there'll be any games to go to even with a reduced crowd, but if £25 is the cost of a better chance of attending the games of my choice if they happen, I can live with that
Yoda, were you a season ticket holder ? If so, did you donate your 'non-use' or retain it and spend it on the membership ?
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

WestDr wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:45 pm
Yoda wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:02 pm I don't subscribe to premier sports but am likely for the next year if access to live rugby is reduced.

Yoda, were you a season ticket holder ? If so, did you donate your 'non-use' or retain it and spend it on the membership ?
I don't see how that's relevant. My logic above was used to assess the TU membership on it's own merits.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Yoda
Whether you donated or not, time to wake up and smell the coffee. UR are relying on the good will of loyal supporters like you to right royally screw you.
But it's your money

wr you donated or not
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

Bobbievee wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:08 pm Yoda
Whether you donated or not, time to wake up and smell the coffee. UR are relying on the good will of loyal supporters like you to right royally screw you.
But it's your money

wr you donated or not
Of course that's possible and anyone signing up could end up thinking it was a waste of money particularly if tickets next year are easy to come by, but for £25, it's hardly the biggest gamble in the world.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Totally agree Yoda.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Yoda wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:35 pm I don't see how that's relevant. My logic above was used to assess the TU membership on its own merits.
Yoda, your post outlines your logic for paying for the #TogetherUR membership very well and it's clearly not my place to dispute/criticise your rationale. The purpose of my questions were, in the context of understanding UR's general financial situation now and for the next 12/18 months or so (as it will affect future ticket prices and season ticket costs etc), to better understand (a) of the 'unused' portion [which I'd estimate at approx. £750k in total value] what proportion of season ticket holders donated their part of it and (b) if not, is the @TogetherUR membership effective at getting at that 'retained' portion or (c) are there those who've done both (donated and bought the membership). Or even those who've not been S/T holders and so the #TogetherUR income is new money to UR.

If you've been following the 'UR in financial trouble ?' thread, you'll see that the numbers are quite significant e.g in 2018-19 approx £3.2m match ticket income, player costs £2.4m, 8500 season tickets etc, If you took those costs for 2019-20, and with 30% of the 2019-20 season as 'unplayed matches' and match ticket (not season ticket holders) refunded @approx £50k, then understanding the success of the 'unused' donation idea and then the success of the #TogetherUR membership in either accessing this 'unused' portion that wasn't donated or attracting new money is critical to how UR might see out the next 12/18 months and what new players etc we might be able to afford etc. I'd also note that the final player salary reductions were of the size of 10% (not 20%) and limited to those earning above €25,000, so I'd be surprised if that's made more than £200k postive difference to UR, although the 4 day a week/20% for the non-playing staff may well have generated another £200k ? Looking at the wider all-Ireland picture, it might be politically hard for IRFU to allocate any of their share of the proposed €70m Irish Government support north of the border, and I've yet to see the NI Executive active in this area.

Just to repeat, I asked you the question to get the view of someone who'd taken the time to post and to seek to understand more from another perspective than ours (10 main stand season-ticket holders who've neither donated nor taken out the #Together UR membership) on how effective the overall process has been rather than any intent to criticise your choices. I hope that helps ?
ScottishBrian
Novice

Post by ScottishBrian »

I both donated my Season ticket refund and bought the membership so made my choice to support Ulster. The sums involved were not really onerous for me as a terrace season ticket holder, around £55 I think, but I decided on balance to donate and would be very interested to know what percentage of the season ticket holders did and what the uptake of the £65 membership is?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Same as you Brian.

So what about the Ulster fans from Ulster ?!
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

So, this new Ulster Membership thing, does it replace URSC ? Was there much consultation with them ? What’s the point of URSC now when this new membership provides a lot of the same things , meet the player, goodie bag etc , who here has signed up ?