Tickets and seat allocations 20/21

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Tickets and seat allocations 20/21

Post by solidarity »

Can I ask one of Gerald's questions the other way round, what would the new deal get me that I won't have as a supporters club member?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Didn't donate and didn't buy the new membership. I ser there's also a donation option when buying the new membership. I had to laugh.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Same as you Brian. We have to support the Club in circumstances that were not the Clubs fault.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

solidarity wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:51 am Can I ask one of Gerald's questions the other way round, what would the new deal get me that I won't have as a supporters club member?
URSC gets you access to international tickets like being member of a rugby club and gave people secondary priority access to tickets for knockout games.

This new thing is replacing the Season Ticket for 20/21 as they don't know if/when crowds are allowed to attend matches again.

The new deal gets you priority access to whatever tickets are available for general league and Heineken games.
ScottishBrian
Novice

Post by ScottishBrian »

Earlier in this thread the figure of 4.5K was mentioned as a socially distanced capacity, putting access and all the other issues aside, how viable is that and does it refer to 2m or 1m social distancing. If that figure is close, and I have no reason to doubt it, then there will be problems getting tickets even after paying the £65 so a URSC membership will not get you tickets?
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

ScottishBrian wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:42 pm If that figure is close, and I have no reason to doubt it, then there will be problems getting tickets even after paying the £65 so a URSC membership will not get you tickets?
Only if there are more people who buy the #TU membership than the ground capacity..... I'd not be so cynical as to say the two will be linked as UR will be desperate for all the money they can get.

Interesting to see the various responses to the question of who has done what with their season ticket money along with who has bought the membership (which may include a wider set than S/T holders). It further seems to show that Ulster supporters are not uncritical 'consumers' of a 'product' nor are they interested in virtue signalling (FTAOD these are compliments).

As for the comparison between URSC and #TU membership, I'd put paying my £12 to URSC for 2020-21 a long way in front of #TU, and not because of the fact that URSC are cheaper but because the URSC people do it for £0 remuneration and have seen and filled that need long before the UR marketing people..... I'd be as unhappy if UR decided to say that the only allowed message boards were ones they ran (although perhaps Fermain might appreciate the rest) !
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

ScottishBrian wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:42 pm Earlier in this thread the figure of 4.5K was mentioned as a socially distanced capacity, putting access and all the other issues aside, how viable is that and does it refer to 2m or 1m social distancing. If that figure is close, and I have no reason to doubt it, then there will be problems getting tickets even after paying the £65 so a URSC membership will not get you tickets?
I would reckon capacity of 4.5k and number of ST that took up TU could be close to each other. Roughly 50% uptake, just gut feeling.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:29 pm
ScottishBrian wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:42 pm Earlier in this thread the figure of 4.5K was mentioned as a socially distanced capacity, putting access and all the other issues aside, how viable is that and does it refer to 2m or 1m social distancing. If that figure is close, and I have no reason to doubt it, then there will be problems getting tickets even after paying the £65 so a URSC membership will not get you tickets?
I would reckon capacity of 4.5k and number of ST that took up TU could be close to each other. Roughly 50% uptake, just gut feeling.
Just watching an article on BbC news on the theatre and they said most auditoriums could only operate at 15% capacity and still maintain 1m social distancing.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

URno 9, care to tell us a little more about your gut feeling about that 50% ? Particularly whether how many of those 50% of ST's holders both donated their 'unused' element and also paid £65 (i.e. 'new' income to UR of approx. £275k @4,250 * £65 #TU membership) or just deployed their 'unused' amount to pay for their #TU membership (i.e. no 'new' income at all, merely under a different heading and/or financial year) ?

To date in this small and (possibly) unrepresentative survey, it would seem that only justinr73 , ScottishBrian and Cracker appear to be both ST holders who have donated their residue and added the #TU membership as an additional sum. Yoda hasn't come back on whether he's an ST holder, and I don't think you've been specific (but I could be wrong).

The question is whether UR have managed to fill the gap between income and expenditure for 19/20 (the UR FY ends on June 30) or whether there is an accumulated deficit to be carried over into 20/21 (the deferred 20% of salaries should be on the books somewhere too). Even 4,500 people paying £65 for #TU membership fills only about 8% of the potential £3.2m gate receipts hole for 20/21. And 13 matches * 4,375 (25% of 17,500) * £35 avge ticket price = £2.0m income less running costs of approx. £50k/match = £1.35m margin. {And if ST holders use their 'residue' for some of these, then that's less than £1.35m as it's merely transferred from 19/20 to 20/21 income]. If it's 15% capacity, it's pretty close to not worth actually letting anyone in until all 17,500 can potentially come in !

How that issue is approached will be fascinating.... not least since UR have now been to the supporters well, the staff well (20% salary cut in their share of £5.9m), the players well (10% cut in their share of £5.9m) and the rates well (no £235k payment in 20/21)...... Let's see how this business deals with it.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Given that I’m currently selling up in England so that I can get to home games more easily, I’ll be raging if I can’t get a ticket :lol:
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

WestDr wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:29 pm
URno 9, care to tell us a little more about your gut feeling about that 50% ?
I guess you could say it starts in my mouth and runs the whole may to my Trevor Brennan. That'll take you a while to digest I'm sure.

Guts still telling me 50% of ST, that'll do me
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:28 am
Just watching an article on BbC news on the theatre and they said most auditoriums could only operate at 15% capacity and still maintain 1m social distancing.
Saw that also Merv. I wonder when guidelines do come out will open air and indoor be classed separately. Lots of permutations to consider. Temperature scanners on entry to grounds another possible deterrent/ detection to try and mitigate risk.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Nearly a whole day and not a single post on any thread!? C'mon guys!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

We may have to revive the Silly Season Limerick Competition thread from 2017 at this rate......
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Is 'standup' membership only available for the new season?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!