Tickets and seat allocations 20/21

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

WestDr
Novice

Re: Tickets and seat allocations 20/21

Post by WestDr »

Setanta wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:31 pm Is 'standup' membership only available for the new season?
If you're referring to the #TogetherUlster membership then all info here: https://www.ulsterrugby.com/2020/07/tog ... p-launched. (You might have got it confused with the URSC periodical which is called 'Stand Up' ?)
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

WestDr wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:53 pm
Setanta wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:31 pm Is 'standup' membership only available for the new season?
If you're referring to the #TogetherUlster membership then all info here: https://www.ulsterrugby.com/2020/07/tog ... p-launched. (You might have got it confused with the URSC periodical which is called 'Stand Up' ?)
or with this: https://www.ulsterrugby.com/2019/09/new ... -launched/
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

No confusion, I've been a 'Standup' member for a long time. I was wondering if this new 'togetherulster' membership had in fact replaced the 'Standup' membership. I hope not.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:07 am We may have to revive the Silly Season Limerick Competition thread from 2017 at this rate......
There was a young player called Mads,
Who was into the latest fads,
Some took issue with his Shinner boots,
But most couldn’t give 2 hoots.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:44 am
justinr73 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:07 am We may have to revive the Silly Season Limerick Competition thread from 2017 at this rate......
There was a young player called Mads,
Who was into the latest fads,
Some took issue with his Shinner boots,
But most couldn’t give 2 hoots.
There was a young(?) man called Bart S
Whose Limerick was quite a mess
With a rhyming scheme unsound
and no meter to be found
but he tried his best, God bless
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Setanta wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:05 pm No confusion, I've been a 'Standup' member for a long time. I was wondering if this new 'togetherulster' membership had in fact replaced the 'Standup' membership. I hope not.
Setanta, my apologies for forgetting that there is yet another UR membership... and thank you Mervyn for bringing it forward. There doesn't seem to be any mention (as at 28th July 2020) on the UR website about Standup membership, with them only listing #TU, Our Club and URSC. All the relevant email addresses for the UR senior staff are here (under Key Staff Contacts at the bottom) : https://www.ulsterrugby.com/rugby-in-ul ... personnel/ and from experience, as long as you cc it to more than one of them it normally gets a reply. Will be interested to learn whether you now have to pay £65 for what you got last year for £30.....
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Thanks, that is exactly what I meant but I shall wait for the new season after we have won the Pro14 and the European perhaps we shall revert to normal service.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

500 at the Wendyball Cup Final over at Windsor Park tonight, prospect of having some sort of crowd at Ulsters 1st home game would be quite high
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

rumncoke wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:26 am The distribution of the crowd is not the problem -- it is to get the crowd to conform to a predetermined plan of entry and exit and movement in an emergency to conform with social distancing
Have been socially distancing from this forum for a while since (A) I can't read the screen from 2 metres away so couldn't socially distance from you lot, and (B) I've been worried that the Corona-wotsit might mutate into a computer virus, but I'm now taking a calculated risk that hasn't happened .... yet.

Anyway, I've only just started to catch up and noticed this (underlined above).

As usual,Rum, yer talking through yer hoop. In an emergency social distancing goes out the window. Let's imagine an emergency such as a fire (you can insert your own emergency and workout the implications for yourself).

If you think that people evacuating have to keep 1-2m apart, yer even more stoopid than any of us believed. Given the choice between possibly catching a virus (a potentially very nasty one to be fair, but for most people relatively mild), OR the very real risk of being burned to death at worst, or putting fire-fighters more at risk as they search for the socially distanced rather than fighting the fire, the choice should be obvious. Get out by the quickest safe route and to hell with distancing.

Even in all the (sometimes contradictory) advice and regulations that have been put out there by government etc, they always made clear that there may be circumstances in which those regulations or advice should not be followed. An emergency, by definition almost certainly falls into such circumstances.

Right, I'm off again. That virus is a devious wee beggar and even though I've put a mask on my router, I'm not sure Norton/McAfee/Malwarebytes etc will deal with it effectively, and I can feel my laptop warming up even now. Anyone know what temperature a laptop officially has a high temperature at? Given it allowed me to return to this website, I reckon it has already lost its sense of taste. :shock:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Captaincies good to hear (See you are still in the land of the Living )

The point Was making was that social distancing would as you say go out the window in an emergency and thus any crowd numbers would have to reflect that

Anyway back to basics are the Packs going to contain an Ulster Rugby Supporters Mask in best cotton cloth?
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist