What are you watching?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Lurgan Lad »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:06 pm Stick to GOT and don’t waste your time on the others.
Thanks, have watched 3 already, pretty good so far, only another 70 episodes to go!
Love Ray Donovan, and also Gomorrah if you have ever seen it, plenty to get our teeth into. Was hoping to have Love/Hate on it but no luck.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Biggest pain in the ass was finding the easiest way to watch it. Now TV doesn't appear to work on an Amazon stick, have a PS3 that haven't used for ages and it didn't work so no luck there. Eventually had to settle for viewing it through a BT Youview/Freeview box. Because our TV isn't particularly smart means we (by we I mean me) had to use broadband extenders to watch it.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Not seen RD but I liked Southland, the creator’s first show.

My TV is similar. I got one of those a Google things which means I can ‘cast’ my phone or iPad onto the tele.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Southland was amazing too, pity it had only a few series
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

I feel your pain Lurgan. I had a smart tv that wasn't as smart as it thought it was. I had a fire stick and a now tv box attached but after watching anything on now tv I had to go and sign in again on every streaming service. A real pain since my email address and passwords are long and using a tv remote to do this was a slow and fraught with mistakes. With the money saved since lockdown we invested in a really smart tv and it has everything preloaded. Problem solved.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Just watched the snooker semi-final between Wilson and McGill. Incredible. If you get snooker, you'll love it. If you don't get snooker, you'll be bored to tears. Fantastic tv.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I think that ‘miss’ rule is absolute horlix.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:17 pm I think that ‘miss’ rule is absolute horlix.
I can see the rationale behind it, that a professional should have been able to hit that ball. If he chooses to try to roll up to the object ball or hit a fine edge and misses then it's a miss.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

If you have not seen the Danish/Swedish series The Bridge, a rerun starts tonight on BBC4. It is excellent.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Neill_M wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:18 pm If you have not seen the Danish/Swedish series The Bridge, a rerun starts tonight on BBC4. It is excellent.
Is it as exciting as the snooker?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Much better than the snooker.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:49 pm
justinr73 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:17 pm I think that ‘miss’ rule is absolute horlix.
I can see the rationale behind it, that a professional should have been able to hit that ball. If he chooses to try to roll up to the object ball or hit a fine edge and misses then it's a miss.
Not sure I do tbh.

It’s not like players in any other sport are 100% perfect.

If the ref judges that the guy hasn’t made a genuine attempt to hit it then fine.

For one snooker to net forty odd points is crazy.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:53 pm
Not sure I do tbh.

If the ref judges that the guy hasn’t made a genuine attempt to hit it then fine.

I think it's a decent rule but why on earth would anyone deliberately miss ten times and throw away the frame? When he saw that the ref was calling miss routinely, would he not change tack?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:33 pm
justinr73 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:53 pm
Not sure I do tbh.

I think it's a decent rule but why on earth would anyone deliberately miss ten times and throw away the frame? When he saw that the ref was calling miss routinely, would he not change tack?
I guess because he thought hitting it full ball at pace would also be throwing away the frame. That's why the rule is in place. Turns out yer man gave him a lifeline anyway which he couldn't take.

All irrelevant in any case as Ronnie would have to endure a double amputation to lose to these boring wee clones. 😅
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Anybody else watched 'Brighton Miracle', the story of Japan's win against the Saffers in the 2015 World Cup? It's a docudrama, mixing actors with in and out comments from the real people. A bit one dimensional but there are worse ways to spend an hour and a half.