Ospreys Vs Ulster Sat 10th October 5.15pm Premier Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Ospreys Vs Ulster Sat 10th October 5.15pm Premier Sports

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Ospreys faired well in their opening game, taking a major stride forward beating Edinburgh concincingly at Murrayfield. They will take massive belief from that and rightly so. We also managed to give them one of their two Pro 14 wins last season therefore I fear the writing is on the wall for this one.

From reading into last weeks injury report I got the impression Burns and McCloskey will be fit for this one. Do you pick them? Was Marcells departure precaution? He seemed to walk off quite comfortably.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Off the Top
Initiate

Re: Ospreys Vs Ulster Sat 10th October 5.15pm Premier Sports

Post by Off the Top »

I think we will go into this game fully loaded as this is probably the last game before the Irish & Welsh squads are announced for the 6 Nations (Part 2). So I would expect to see Burns, McCloskey and Murphy back in action along with our starting front row from last week. I also expect Stockdale to remain at full back to stake his Irish claim to the position.

It will be interesting to see if Stewart Moore and David McCann make the bench or whether Dan will pack it with experience.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Two positive cases with one being a senior player. Let's hope that's the extent of it.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

germcevoy wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:43 pm Two positive cases with one being a senior player. Let's hope that's the extent of it.
Definitely, there is the potential for matches to be postponed if this goes bad. This is happening in the American Football already and there is talk there of the season being shortened if need be.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

It would more likely be forfeited by Ulster rather than postponed surely?
Hope is not a strategy.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:12 am It would more likely be forfeited by Ulster rather than postponed surely?
I haven't read into the specifics of Pro14's guidance surrounding positive tests (I'm sure they exist) but you have to imagine that it will be nigh on impossible to find time to play rescheduled games so forefitting would be much more likely if you can't field a team.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Could they postpone with the fall back position of a nominal, say, 15-15 draw if a suitable date can't be found?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dunno what the provisions are.

Twenty nil in England as Sale know to their cost.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:12 am It would more likely be forfeited by Ulster rather than postponed surely?
I am sure there is a structure in place for this, we will know tomorrow I am sure,
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Seems to be going ahead. Presumably everybody else has subsequently tested -ve?

This season is going to be an absolute shambles. I have no intention of wasting any mental energy giving a flying feck about it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster team to play Ospreys Rugby, Guinness PRO14 Round 2, Saturday 10 October 2020, at Liberty Stadium (kick-off 5.15pm, live on Premier Sports):

(15-9) Jacob Stockdale, Matt Faddes, James Hume, Stewart Moore, Rob Lyttle, Ian Madigan, John Cooney.

(1-8) Jack McGrath, Rob Herring, Marty Moore, Alan O'Connor, Iain Henderson (Capt.) , Matthew Rea, Marcus Rea, Marcell Coetzee.

Replacements: Adam McBurney, Eric O'Sullivan, Gareth Milasinovich, Kieran Treadwell, Greg Jones, David Shanahan, Louis Ludik, Sean Reidy.

Ospreys

15. Dan Evans, 14. Mat Protheroe, 13. Owen Watkin, 12. Keiran Williams, 11. Luke Morgan, 10. Stephen Myler, 9. Rhys Webb, 1.Nicky Smith, 2. Sam Parry, 3. Tom Botha, 4. Adam Beard, 5. Alun Wyn Jones, 6. Olly Cracknell, 7. Justin Tipuric ©, 8. Morgan Morris

16. Dewi Lake, 17. Rhodri Jones, 18. Ma’afu Fia, 19. Bradley Davies, 20. Dan Lydiate, 21. Harri Morgan, 22. Josh Thomas, 23. Tiaan Thomas-Wheeler
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ospreys v Ulster
@ Liberty Stadium
Referee: Mike Adamson
Assistant referees: Dan Jones, Gwyn Morris
TMO: Ian Davies
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Lowry missing. Was he on the injury list or might he be the Covid case? Good enough to hold his place on form and Burns isn’t back either.
flatpass
Novice

Post by flatpass »

No Craig Gilroy or Bill Johnston either. Who is the alternate out-half option should Madigan get injured? John Cooney?
Fintan
Novice

Post by Fintan »

Only 2 backs on the bench?

Could be fun for someone if there are a few injuries!