Ulster v Munster Sat Jan 2 5:15pm KO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Munster Sat Jan 2 5:15pm KO

Post by BR »

Anyone wanting to watch the game on Rugbai Bro at 10pm - BE ADVISED - they've swapped coverage around. It's on NOW.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Or you could watch Connacht beat Leinster.

(If it carries on like this.....)
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

HammerTime wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:40 pm Not sure what James Hume does to keep getting picked. After looking good for his first few caps he’s been nowhere to be seen for his last half a dozen.
Disagree. His passing was excellent this evening. He isn’t the finished article but has huge potential. Very few players are the finished article this early in their career. We moan on this forum about not giving the youngsters enough time, then moan when they require time to develop their experience in big games.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Brilliant win for Connacht tonight at the RDS.

Things are interesting now
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:29 pm I wonder will Treadwell be cited?
He was previously

He's ex-cited now.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

So Ulster are 10pts clear, & Leinster have 2 games in hand. No way on earth would D McF go to Dublin with anything other than a full strength 23. Player management Rest periods Could happen v Toulouse away or even Gloucester at home.
Let’s see if Nucifora gives Dan a fair shot at Leinster in Dublin, or ties his hands to help Leinster. League wise are are definitely into the region of BPs becoming critical.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Henderson make a miraculous recovery in time for next week? :bowdown:
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

How do the fixtures work now that the league is reduced to 16 rounds? The logical course would seem to be home and away in your conference and then 1 game against each team in the other conference = 10 +6 games.
This of course would mean 2 fixtures against Leinster. We'd probably have to come out of those games all square on match points to have a realistic prospect of topping the group.
Ulster could conceivably finish 15 from 16 and only come 2nd in half the league.

Am I on the right track?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:17 pm How do the fixtures work now that the league is reduced to 16 rounds? The logical course would seem to be home and away in your conference and then 1 game against each team in the other conference = 10 +6 games.
This of course would mean 2 fixtures against Leinster. We'd probably have to come out of those games all square on match points to have a realistic prospect of topping the group.
Ulster could conceivably finish 15 from 16 and only come 2nd in half the league.

Am I on the right track?
Leinster are going to have to play their rescheduled fixtures (Scarlets away, Munster home) during the six nations window. Neither of those are 5 point certainties for them. We have hope now I think...
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dharper wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:39 pm So Ulster are 10pts clear, & Leinster have 2 games in hand. No way on earth would D McF go to Dublin with anything other than a full strength 23. Player management Rest periods Could happen v Toulouse away or even Gloucester at home.
Let’s see if Nucifora gives Dan a fair shot at Leinster in Dublin, or ties his hands to help Leinster. League wise are are definitely into the region of BPs becoming critical.
The internationals have had their rest. We’ve Al, Jordi and MC to come back into the pack. Probably Lowry to 15, not least because JS could be on the injury list, but not much room for manoeuvre elsewhere.

Leinster seem to have problems at 10 but have will no doubt wheel the big guns out.

We should throw the kitchen sink at it. The Parker Pen has no appeal to me.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:23 pm
Dharper wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:39 pm So Ulster are 10pts clear, & Leinster have 2 games in hand. No way on earth would D McF go to Dublin with anything other than a full strength 23. Player management Rest periods Could happen v Toulouse away or even Gloucester at home.
The internationals have had their rest. We’ve Al, Jordi and MC to come back into the pack. Probably Lowry to 15, not least because JS could be on the injury list, but not much room for manoeuvre elsewhere.

Leinster seem to have problems at 10 but have will no doubt wheel the big guns out.

We should throw the kitchen sink at it. The Parker Pen has no appeal to me.
Agreed. The rainbow unicorn thingy is also a load of auld ballix (if it ever gets played). This would seem to be our best chance of besting Leinster since the last time we won 10+ on the bounce in the league.

No Pro12 odds on Oddschecker at the minute. They're still trying to work it all out.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

We went downhill when Coetzee the Collaborator came on.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

When will the final 6 fixtures be announced and are there any ideas yet about who we will play? Still in leinsters hands I feel, but it would be good to get 2 cracks at them.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cited or not he needs to adjust his technique. Image
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:50 pm When will the final 6 fixtures be announced and are there any ideas yet about who we will play? Still in leinsters hands I feel, but it would be good to get 2 cracks at them.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
We play reverse games v teams in our conference. Robson on comms said the home game v Leinster is Round 14. Rounds 12-16 played Feb 19th-21st thru to March 19th-21st.

Leinster play Scarlets away on January 30th, one of their games in hand. No date for Munster game yet.

So home v Zebre, Leinster and Ospreys. Away to Dragons and Glasgow.