Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: SIX NATIONS 2021

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
big mervyn wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:26 pm
Dave wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:24 pm James Slow is 28 and should have worked out this tackling lark by now. Bluenoses online will protect him by referencing Stockdale.
Much more impressive strike rate than Stockcube, He's giving away trys at the rate of about one a game. At least Jacob usually cancels them out at the other end.
Of course we discreetly ignore the fact that we do exactly the same in reverse. >EW
Eladkcots si gnizama. Ewol si gnud.
Last edited by Dave on Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:54 pm France worth the win.

MOTM - clearly Luke Pearce - by a mile.
HDM by a kilometre >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:Farrell out
Turgid style of play. High bomb, kick long, ball up the jumper...repeat.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

You miss Joe on days like this. But France should win the Grand Slam.
Shame that Lowe couldn't get his try. Huge turning point.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:57 pm Of course we discreetly ignore the fact that we do exactly the same in reverse. >EW
Eladkcots si gnizama. Ewol si gnud.
[/quote]
Ya got that edited just before I asked what "dnug" is and why yer talking crap! :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

How many caps do we reckon Lowe will be given? Too fukkin' many I reckon.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:01 pm
big mervyn wrote:Farrell out
Turgid style of play. High bomb, kick long, ball up the jumper...repeat.
That's it exactly - Ireland never looked like they could engineer a scoring opportunity, but were relying on France making a massive error.

France on the other hand looked more dangerous going forward, and only massive Irish luck prevented that being a wider scoreline.

We can look at that and say that Ireland were still in it right to the end, and might even have nicked it. Despite our possession however, we were still lucky to be that close.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

DNUG is the german user group for HCL collaboration products btw
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

So Lowe conceded 3 turnovers, made 3 tackles and missed 4.

If he was fro Ulster or Munster he'd never be on a team sheet again.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

If he was Irish...

Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I was actually pretty encouraged overall, what is needed now is courage from irfu.

I too was really disappointed young Casey didn’t get 20 - feck the boxkick - jgp made several mistakes last qtr & should’ve been replaced - game in the air so Farrell didn’t have courage to back the kid. From the little I’ve seen he is a serious talent - he might be behind some - but not after 10/15 caps experience. He will add the speed we need for space to attack in the backs if the pack do their job. It is so evident how little space are wingers have - Stockdale Larmour Lowe - give them space, they’ll kill u all day long.

Obvious few mistakes: we didn’t compete for French lineout when they got their try - our lineout was going great guns, theirs poor - mistake, kill it at source. For whatever reason 40/50 mins - poor linespeed, lacked intensity-needed a spark.

I personally think we over box kicked - some incontestable, handed over possession nothing more.

Did we miss Murray? Not massively. Sexton, not massively. Really it’s just the experience- nothing more for me, lacked a little direction. Burns/Byrne aren’t the answer - cut the brad pitt, Ire won’t win a thing without world class half backs. Never gonna be world class 10s, JGP no at 9, neither is sexton coming back - mind still sharp - body has gone - we’ve all been there at a lower level......or in a club spotting a hotty then realising your 15 yrs older and are border old enough to be her dad/have zero chance!!

The Good:

Lineout - Poc take a bow, both attack & def - brilliant, Miles better - defo Better than fr and wales even with the red.
Scrum: Alldritt tidied crap at 8 - we were defo better, and unlucky we didn’t get more pens.

Observations:
Ruddock - good game, crazy not more appearances - him over omahony all day long.

Do we have courage of selection? Will the Irfu call the shots to the provinces?

Imagine TOT becoming TH backup. Porter starting at LH with kilcoyne on the bench. Kelleher. Ryan back with beirne (Baird fast tracked) Henderson Dillane. Doris Leavy Coombes added to today’s 3? That’s a serious pack.

They reckon young Byrne can handle himself, play on gainline, good passing & kicking with vision - so let’s cut the brad pitt - and let’s see him in big games. Happy with centres, we lack space for backs to attack, jettison earls, add Addison, carberry, Balacoune, Larmour Stockdale - we will kill sides.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I’d say to provinces:

MM doesn’t get gametime over TOT re development.
IF JJ Hanrahan / Murray omahony stops Casey Healy Crowley Coombes getting gametime u can pay your own overdraft.

Young Byrne at Leinster gets game time......or we cut your central contracts by at least half.

We have the playing talent but not the courage of selection or willing to move players for gametime.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Byrne Jr is a shade of grey brighter than Byrne Sn both are pedestrian take the ball standing still and can't pass when in motion thus it is one of three things with both of them 1 kick 2 take and pass or run till tackled.

The take and pass option means the mid fielders take the ball standing still and the ball and attack are going backwards.

Forwards played well a lot of effort wasted by the backs

Casey was never coming on the field with Ireland still in contention -- winning by 9 maybe losing by 9 maybe but with a penalty between the teams never -- it is a call which could make or break a young player -- he is either hero or villain with the latter the more possible.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Casey was never coming on the field with Ireland still in contention -- winning by 9 maybe losing by 9 maybe but with a penalty between the teams never -- it is a call which could make or break a young player -- he is either hero or villain with the latter the more possible.

....and there is the problem. U pick someone on the bench to play, up the ante, win a game.....”not experience an environment”.....what has he taken from today? 20 against DuPont on the other hand? If I was Farrell and anyone questioned him, I’d say simply I’m the coach/ selector and you’re a journo....end of.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

Like the missed kick last week I suspect this incident will be used to judge the time Burns spent on the pitch. https://twitter.com/murray_kinsella/sta ... 57344?s=21

Hopefully Murray K and other journalists are as quick to pick up on other errors across the team. There doesn’t seem to be the phase by phase dissection of tries conceded that usually accompany Stockdale defending like Lowe has over the past 2 games.