Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Contract Situation

Post by Neill_M »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:19 pm Ferris tonight adding to the speculation that Cooney could be off to France for a pay-day if he can't get Ireland recognition .... :duh:
Think that is Ferris just trying to be the pundit with the inside scoop, there is only one man on here who I listen to when it comes to that sort of information
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ferris is always late.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
firebell53
Novice

Post by firebell53 »

Ferris is really beginning to get under my skin with his comments. Tonight after the Edinburgh v Munster game he stated that Connacht could still catch Munster and play Leinster in the final even though they are 9 points behind Munster. Ulster does not get a mention even though we are only 5points behind Leinster and play them at Kingspan.
Ulster have a better chance overcoming a 5 point deficit than Connacht a 9 point deficit.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

firebell53 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:34 am Ferris is really beginning to get under my skin with his comments. Tonight after the Edinburgh v Munster game he stated that Connacht could still catch Munster and play Leinster in the final even though they are 9 points behind Munster. Ulster does not get a mention even though we are only 5points behind Leinster and play them at Kingspan.
Ulster have a better chance overcoming a 5 point deficit than Connacht a 9 point deficit.
‘BEGINNING’ 😂 he is one of the worst pundits about,people think he’s straight talking but he’sjust controversial to line his pockets- he’s like Stephen Jones.

I wish people would open their eyes when it comes to him, the sooner Premier sports drop him the better. Would love to hear him talk about tactics rather than ‘Just wants Munster to send Leinster packing back up the road to Dublin’. Really insightful.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Try standing in front of a camera for 1/2 an hour pre game talking -- the one thing most pundits don't talk about is tactics because every team adopts similar tactics according to field position and trys are frequently obtained illegally -- ie removal of cover defence by holding blocking etc similarly set piece domination is often the result of unpenalised foul play -- Thus discussion would not be focused on the team but on the referee . The man has a hard enough job without Pundits highlighting his mistakes.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

kingofthehill wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:22 am
firebell53 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:34 am Ferris is really beginning to get under my skin with his comments. Tonight after the Edinburgh v Munster game he stated that Connacht could still catch Munster and play Leinster in the final even though they are 9 points behind Munster. Ulster does not get a mention even though we are only 5points behind Leinster and play them at Kingspan.
‘BEGINNING’ 😂 he is one of the worst pundits about,people think he’s straight talking but he’sjust controversial to line his pockets- he’s like Stephen Jones.

I wish people would open their eyes when it comes to him, the sooner Premier sports drop him the better. Would love to hear him talk about tactics rather than ‘Just wants Munster to send Leinster packing back up the road to Dublin’. Really insightful.
Did you read his book? Dreadful piece of garbage.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:20 pm

Wouldn’t line his pockets.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It was poor.

The worst one I have read was by Phil DeFreitas who appeared to be under the impression that Gypsy Rose Lee was a fortune-teller.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:28 pm It was poor.

The worst one I have read was by Phil DeFreitas who appeared to be under the impression that Gypsy Rose Lee was a fortune-teller.
It was dreadfully written and contained little of interest.
I loved him as a dynamic player, but there was never any indication that he was a tactical thinker. I don't believe he has anything to say as a pundit on the topic of tactics. He clearly understands backrow play and dominant tackling, but that's where it ends.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Afraid I have to agree on the book - poor... and the punditry - bland.

Anybody read Rory Best's autobiography? Worth buying?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:20 pm

Has he even read his book? :stir:

Stevie's idea of good tactics is to make big hits - pure and simple. Big hits equals good play.

No big hits = poor play. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Rory’s book is not exactly a page turner! Makes Fez’s book look interesting! All very run of the mill no great reveals on behind the scenes at either Ulster or D4. A bit on insight re family etc. which gives something of the make of the man.
Paul O’Connell’s book is perhaps the best of the bunch of recently retired Irish internationals imho!
Hope is not a strategy.
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

Just watched the best, in form, no 10 who should be starting week in week out for Ulster and a Ireland.
(London Irish 34 - 34 Bristol Bears)
Paddy Jackson - Bring him home NOW
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Won't happen with Petrie here. We would need some bold leadership.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:39 pm Won't happen with Petrie here. We would need some bold leadership.
Petrie is doing what he is told by D4. Unlike Logan, he has no relationship with Paddy.