Ulster v Leinster Sat Mar 6th 7:35pm KO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Leinster Sat Mar 6th 7:35pm KO

Post by Dave »

In my book if the players have come through the academy they are one of our own. I'm not ultra orthodox like some others. Will Addison's mum is from Enniskillen so he's Ulster thru 'n thru. Go back to the good ole days of 4 good NIQs. This will pay for it itself the ground will be heaving. Get McIlroy to chip in.

1. NIQ (doesn't farm or sausage)/EOS
2. Plenty of hookers
3. TOT/MM
4. Hendy
5. NIQ (Carter for the next while)
6. NIQ (big fcuk off unit)/Timoney
7. NIQ (ground hog jackal machine)
8. McCann
9. Cooney
10. Lowry
11. Stockdale
12. McCloskey
13. Marshall
14. Baloucoune
15. Addison

Lyttle can play across the back three. Hume and Moore are the future at centre. Sexton and McIlroy coming through also. Big Cormac Izuchukwu looks an A grade prospect. I would settle for 3 good NIQ forwards. We are producing more than enough backs for Andeh Farrell to ignore.

We need an increase in quality not players who cannot get a game for Leinster. We will hardly challenge them with players they let go. No Leinster cast offs above. Cooney is better than any bluenose 9.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

First and foremost and tbf to Leinster, they are class. But, everybody ... supporters, players, the media have hyped them up so much that referees believe that Leinster are practically incapable of giving away penalties because they are so good. Furthermore, they are the best cheaters in the game. Every team cheats including our own Ulster. The only difference is wee ain’t very good at it. Leinster are true masters at it. These two combined means they literally get away with blue murder.

Our firsts got beat by their 2nds/3rds so why do we think that by taking their 4th/5ths that we have any hope of getting anywhere near them? We don’t need any backs from anywhere. Our own are good enough but they have always and will always play behind a powder puff pack. Get rid of the dead wood (faddes etc) and sign 3 top class NIQ’d hard assed take no sh!t forwards.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

solidarity wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:53 pm Let's make the best of this, we're an ethnically inclusive, multinational inter-religious club, a model to everyone.
Don't start me in the 'C' word!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:17 pm
solidarity wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:53 pm Let's make the best of this, we're an ethnically inclusive, multinational inter-religious club, a model to everyone.
We need more gays.
Michael Bent is out of contract this summer!
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:55 pm
We need an increase in quality not players who cannot get a game for Leinster. We will hardly challenge them with players they let go. No Leinster cast offs above. Cooney is better than any bluenose 9.
This is the truth.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

And even those not inter religion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Leinster are the new Saracens, cheating their way through games. What Murphy let them away with was pathetic.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:55 pm In mày book if the players have come through the academy they are one of our own. I'm not ultra orthodox like some others. Will Addison's mum is from Enniskillen so he's Ulster thru 'n thru.
Odd definition of thru 'n thru!

I don't think even Addison's mum would describe him as that.

Go back to the good ole days of 4 good NIQs. This will pay for it itself the ground will be heaving. Get McIlroy to chip in.

2. Plenty of hookers
3. TOT/MM
4. Hendy
8. McCann
9. Cooney
10. Lowry
11. Stockdale
12. McCloskey
13. Marshall
14. Baloucoune
15. Addison

... No Leinster cast offs above.
O'sullivan, Moore, O'Toole, Timoney ???
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:06 am
Dave wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:55 pm In mày book if the players have come through the academy they are one of our own. I'm not ultra orthodox like some others. Will Addison's mum is from Enniskillen so he's Ulster thru 'n thru.

He played for England U20s in 2012 against an Ireland team that included Kyle McCall, Iain Henderson, Paddy Jackson, Chris Farrell and Stuart Olding.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:

Go back to the good ole days of 4 good NIQs. This will pay for it itself the ground will be heaving. Get McIlroy to chip in.

2. Plenty of hookers
3. TOT/MM
4. Hendy
8. McCann
9. Cooney
10. Lowry
11. Stockdale
12. McCloskey
13. Marshall
14. Baloucoune
15. Addison

... No Leinster cast offs above.
O'sullivan, Moore, O'Toole, Timoney ???
Addison is Ulster to the core. Never doubt that. His mum brought him up on a strict diet of tatty bread and soda bread. Moore is perhaps a cast off but we need him for the scrum. EOS, TOT and Timoney as far as I know didn't get in to be cast off. EOS was just playing AIL. He has an international cap now so if he's good enough he's Ulster enough, as they say. TOT went to school here at least but lived most of his life in Oz before that. Timoney described himself as an Ulsterman in an interview stating that his grandad is from Ulster. Not his fault that the uterus he was in, was where it was when he was born. He came back to Ulster as soon as he legally could. Therefore, Ulster thru 'n thru to the core.

Many "Ulstermen" are planters anyway, so technically most are scotch foreigners.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Genuine question.
In these Dublin schools, are GAA sports and rugby union enjoyed equally, or is it an either/ or situation.
And what is the current ( non covid) situation in Northern Ireland schools.?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bobbievee wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:10 am Genuine question.
In these Dublin schools, are GAA sports and rugby union enjoyed equally, or is it an either/ or situation.
GAA is played at a lot of these schools including Blackrock and PBC, though rugby does tend to dominate at the elite schools. I think the founding fathers of these establishment saw rugby as a means of equipping the young Catholic gentry to go out into the world and compete with the colonial masters.

I saw figures which indicated that 70-80% of Leinster players come from fee paying schools.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
d4surfer
Novice

Post by d4surfer »

big mervyn wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:24 am
GAA is played at a lot of these schools including Blackrock and PBC, though rugby does tend to dominate at the elite schools. I think the founding fathers of these establishment saw rugby as a means of equipping the young Catholic gentry to go out into the world and compete with the colonial masters.

I saw figures which indicated that 70-80% of Leinster players come from fee paying schools.
In the private schools, it's mostly rugby only with only a few paying lip service to GAA. My son went to St. Michaels and there was absolutely no GAA or soccer played in his six years. Some of the non fee paying schools have started to play rugby, but GAA tends to be their main sport.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

You're incorrigible BR :lol:

He spent every summer in Skintown. He's ours.
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

d4surfer wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:30 am
big mervyn wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:24 am

In the private schools, it's mostly rugby only with only a few paying lip service to GAA. My son went to St. Michaels and there was absolutely no GAA or soccer played in his six years. Some of the non fee paying schools have started to play rugby, but GAA tends to be their main sport.
it really depends.. leinster lose a lot of talent to GAA, but GAA lose players to Rugby..