SIX NATIONS 2021

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: SIX NATIONS 2021

Post by rumncoke »

Hendo does what he is told to do guard a channel and support the ball carrier -- not to sure who was calling the line out Ryan or Henderson . I can't see henderson being dropped for Baird for another 2 -3 years to be honest. Beirne catches the eye because of the role assigned to him basically first or second up on the tackle on his side of the ruck.

Personally if Ryan can't make the XV against England I would switch Beirne to the second row and bring in a back row player .

Back three I'd drop Lowe He has had more chances to show worth and Balacoune is a better option at the moment than Lowe and he is inexperienced . I'm not to sure I would go for a long left boot into the field of play against England -- far to much pace coming back at you . Its into touch against England and have them play against an organised defence rather than run at a disorganised one.

Its either Conway or Stockdale to come in -- direct pace rather than the swerve and jink to be swallowed in a mass and provide turnovers. Larmour is basically bench or Full back - Keenan is sound but offers nothing coming forward due to inexperience win, lose, or draw he should only be playing 10 -20 minutes until he his confident he plays--- like a scared rabbit.-- with an unsure look about his game.

Stockdale may not get it right all the time but there is the total assurance that regardless he is always giving 110% effort behind the decision made .

The failure of the Irish backs in attack i put down to Sexton ( it may seem harsh ) but I sense his timing is off and plays predictable leaving Henshaw exposed at 12 and Henshaw having to rush his options.

The alternatives at 10 IN Ireland don't exist at present . Joey has only played about 2 games ( and he has yet to convince me that he controls a game he appears to ad -lib or play by numbers -- I been told to pass --so I pass or kick according to instruction the game he is playing has been dictated to him rather decided by him .)

Down in the Ireland Camp we have - an appeasement , a poor mans substitute , ( Sorry Billy Boy --we know it and you know You play for Ulster because Logan Fecked UP and the IRFU are a load of eununchs ) and the real McCoy is playing for Kidney and Kiss -- two men who recognised true talent --
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:52 pm Hendy was an absolute trojan. Best forward by a mile. It's true the meeja won't afford him any credit. Will Conors was excellent also. Sexton kicked well but he couldn't get the backline firing. Scotch ill discipline and a grounding only Poite could see was the difference.

I see the form 10 in Europe (PJ) scored a 65m kick to seal a win. Ireland don't deserve him. Andeeeh looks out of his depth. Bringing in POC clearly testifies to that.

Connors didnt dtand out for me. Maybe if i watch the replsy.
Don't put yourself through that.

He's a guy who always impresses me so I tend to keep watching him. Just general nuisance behaviour at the breakdown and relentless tackling. His tackle on Duhan VDM was pretty impressive especially a guy hard to tackle, even though Scotland scored a few phases later.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

James Ryan and Ringrose out for the England game. Also TOT reported as injured.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:James Ryan and Ringrose out for the England game. Also TOT reported as injured.
Excuses made already for defeat. Half expect janny to pull up this week to avoid any flack. Throwing BB into the firing line will be one way to end his ireland career.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Ringrose has had a couple of poor games recently, crabbing across the pitch, kick blocked. Very good player, but not in great form. Wonder will they just go for pure physical force with Aki and Henshaw.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Most likely Aki will come in. Maybe Farrell at 13. For my mind Aki has played the last number of England defeats. It will suit the up the jumper gameplan plus he's a kiwi.

Beirne to lock and POM to 6 I'd imagine too. Can't see past a win for the English. Cue all the nauseating Farrell father/son articles in the press.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

All very cynical but probably spot on!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Tommy Bowe on the wireless there with a bit of a swipe at Farrell's coaching team.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Off the Top
Initiate

Post by Off the Top »

What did he say??
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Off the Top wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:31 am What did he say??
Basically that the current coaching setup are unable to translate the skills shown at Provincial level to the national team.

Just a snip from a longer interview to be shown later.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

So CJ Stander is retiring. He says he is Munster through and through and bleeds red. But would prefer to head back home. I am sure he will miss the sunny uplands of Rathkeale.
It puts the whole scenario of capping non Irisn players. In perspective. As soon as they have their pound of flesh they bugg-er back home. Meanwhile the IRFU banishes its own players to London and France.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I don't think Stander owes Munster or the FIRFU anything.

Wish he'd been wearing white the past 7yrs.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Arrived in Munster for start of 2012/13 season, recently played his 150th game for them and has got to 50 caps for Ireland, think he has earned the right to retire on his own terms.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He is right to do this. He is like a battering ram going into contact over and over. This is unsustainable for the human body. They need to look at weight limits for players. Rugby has become so boring.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I did identify the fact he has appeared to have lost a bit of pace and is basically only in the Eye after the Kick -Off -- Catch - Run --until tackled -- and the run is somewhat shorted and less vigorous than in previous seasons. Once capable of several turnovers a game not as many now.

Plus there are a few up and coming back rows to displace him --- He has the good sense to go out at the top of his game before he would get pushed and his best totally forgotten.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist