Ulster v Zebre Round 16 Friday March 19th 8:15pm KO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Zebre Round 16 Friday March 19th 8:15pm KO

Post by Dave »

There is always joy without Murphy.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

jean valjean wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:06 pm Ulster team to play Zebre Rugby, Guinness PRO14 Round 16, Friday 19 March at Kingspan Stadium (kick-off 8.15pm, live on Premier Sports / eir Sport):

(15-9) Ethan McIlroy, Robert Baloucoune, James Hume, Stewart Moore, Rob Lyttle, Michael Lowry, John Cooney;

(1-8) Eric O’Sullivan, John Andrew, Marty Moore, Cormac Izuchukwu, Kieran Treadwell, Sean Reidy, Jordy Murphy (Capt.), David McCann.

Replacements: Brad Roberts, Callum Reid, Tom O’Toole, Alan O’Connor, Matty Rea, David Shanahan, Ian Madigan, Ben Moxham.

Nice team with a look to the future.
The game is a complete freebie so I’d have gone a bit further: Milo over Marty to give game time, probably rested A O’Connor for D O’Connor or maybe Marcus Rea but not sure any of the back rows would be comfortable moving to lock at some point in the game, wee Dave we will learn nothing about so Doak instead.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Marty hasn’t played much for a couple of weeks and could do with a start.

DOC was injured last we heard, although Matty Rea could have filled in at lock.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Don't mind female referees but I do hate female commentators on male sport ( with a passion as they once said)

Get back to hockey or tennis and sport female -- they are the equivalent of the front row of a Stones concert to hell with the music , listen to me get ----wet.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

I see Eir Sport is not renewing its Pro 14 contract. How does this affect Premier Sports?
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

Jetstream wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:46 am I see Eir Sport is not renewing its Pro 14 contract. How does this affect Premier Sports?
it's all going to sky sports for the next season.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I’m with sky but ditched sports once the rugby went. The issue is with sports the amount of money clearly subsidising the football which frankly I rarely watch. Overall the less subscribers to watch ulster in league & Europe the better.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

it is the same for all sports not just football .

The only thing cheaper than sport are the game shows and cookery programmes ( and they wonder why the British are obese food doesn't need advertising) but they have a problem a game or cookery programmes show only last 1/2 an hour to an hour -- a Cricket match will last the best part of a day -- football is now a 3 hour time filler for the game then you have highlights etc .

The problem faced by a TV station /channel is how do you fill the time 12 hours a day --24 hours a day and maintain the advertisers .

French TV pours money at French rugby because Sky have control of virtually every other sport Skiing Tennis Football Golf

Here the BBC has so many over paid executives and too many c rated celebrities to support ( strictly come bore me ) they have no money to invest in sport .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I’ll frankly admit I miss Mcwhirter & Neilly on screen on the beeb, I still listen to their commentary on the radio, while watching a welsh game on s4c occasionally.
I also liked mo field in the studio, didn’t pull his punches. I’ll have to feign leaving sky to try to get the sports subscription down. I need by UR fix - I hope future euro fixtures are covered, multi platforms are a pain in the Brennan.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I hate sky. It will be the same dossers. Ferris Robson et al.

I see Ferris mouthing off about restrictions on golf. Great player but hard to listen to.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Dave wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:06 pm I hate sky. It will be the same dossers. Ferris Robson et al.

I see Ferris mouthing off about restrictions on golf. Great player but hard to listen to.
Agreed Dave, amazing to watch as a player and like Gusher a true Ulster fan and one of my favourite players of recent years, but he’s truly awful to listen to. Robson is not much better.

Mind you don’t get me started on Heaslip >sniper

Apologies for going off topic :lol:
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I can live with Fez but Darren, you really have to lose the moustache and get your hair cut.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

McCann is the shizzle.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Sloppy start, but hopefully they young uns will settle down. Need to do the basics right before throwing the offloads.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Two kick off receipts, two knock-ons. Against a better team we'd pay more than three points for that.