Lions 2021

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Lions 2021

Post by Snipe Watson »

Grey Wolf wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:46 pm I think Conor Murray is one happy camper after reading the Young’s announcement. I’d really love it to be Conney but just can’t see it. Murray, Williams, & one of Care, Davies, Price, & Conney imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cooney
Grey Wolf
Novice

Post by Grey Wolf »

Of course, cheers

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:59 pm
Grey Wolf wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:46 pm I think Conor Murray is one happy camper after reading the Young’s announcement. I’d really love it to be Conney but just can’t see it. Murray, Williams, & one of Care, Davies, Price, & Conney imo.

Cooney
Is that a spelling correction, a prediction that JC will be selected, or both?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:49 pm
Snipe Watson wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:59 pm

Cooney
Is that a spelling correction, a prediction that JC will be selected, or both?
Hopefully both Merv
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

The bookies reckon Danny Care will be the beneficiary of Ben Youngs’ withdrawal
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Surely there's no realistic chance of Cooney being chosen for the Lions. If he hasn't been able to command even a bench place for Ireland and was invalided off yesterday with a blow to the head, he's unlikely to attract the right sort of attention from the selectors.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Farrell has fcuked over his career for no discernable reason.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

solidarity wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:22 am Surely there's no realistic chance of Cooney being chosen for the Lions. If he hasn't been able to command even a bench place for Ireland and was invalided off yesterday with a blow to the head, he's unlikely to attract the right sort of attention from the selectors.
Scrum half options are weak across the board youngs was a cert to travel. None of the welsh boys is outright 1st choice and Price didnt have a great 6 nations. Murray wasnt even Ireland 1st choice.

Agree with Dave that Farrell has screwed Cooney
Grey Wolf
Novice

Post by Grey Wolf »

Interested to hear your take on Kelleher/Herring?

I see another lions squad with Kelleher in it. I’ve seen a few now and a few where he’s been in the conversation but I’ve yet to hear Herrings name mentioned.

I can’t see either of them going but I can’t understand the lack of Herring recognition when both Ireland’s and ulster’s lineout (in the pro14) was best.

Is anyone else surprised or is Kelleher really that great? Trying to remove my ulster bias, but I’d still pick Herring first.

Cowan-dickie, ken Owens are probably in I’m guessing. Maybe turner for the 3rd spot.

Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

James Ryan did some serious damage to his chances of going yesterday. I don't have any particular belief in Kelleher.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

solidarity wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:22 am Surely there's no realistic chance of Cooney being chosen for the Lions. If he hasn't been able to command even a bench place for Ireland and was invalided off yesterday with a blow to the head, he's unlikely to attract the right sort of attention from the selectors.
No, he's not going to be in the squad, but his talent is such that he should. I failed to discern the drop in form that resulted in him dropping out of the Ireland reckoning, but what would I know?

Paddy Jackson should be in there too.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Grey Wolf wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:06 pm Interested to hear your take on Kelleher/Herring?

I see another lions squad with Kelleher in it. I’ve seen a few now and a few where he’s been in the conversation but I’ve yet to hear Herrings name mentioned.

I can’t see either of them going but I can’t understand the lack of Herring recognition when both Ireland’s and ulster’s lineout (in the pro14) was best.

Is anyone else surprised or is Kelleher really that great? Trying to remove my ulster bias, but I’d still pick Herring first.

Cowan-dickie, ken Owens are probably in I’m guessing. Maybe turner for the 3rd spot.

According to Southern pundits, Herring doesn't have exist.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Snipe Watson wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:12 pm
No, he's not going to be in the squad, but his talent is such that he should. I failed to discern the drop in form that resulted in him dropping out of the Ireland reckoning, but what would I know?

Amen to both, Snipe.

Go ahead, have a little dream, Warren Gatland takes a wee notion and says, 'You know what, PJ is as good a 10 as we have in the UK&I. Sod it... he's in!'
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:

Correct Snipe, on all accounts. Cooney is in the form of his life. He was dropped from the Ireland reckoning for a player with 0 caps. I'll never trust Farrell after that.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:13 pm
Snipe Watson wrote:

Correct Snipe, on all accounts. Cooney is in the form of his life. He was dropped from the Ireland reckoning for a player with 0 caps. I'll never trust Farrell after that.
The Munster version of Paul Marshall