Rainbow Cup

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Rainbow Cup

Post by Dave »

Watched the bulls versus the Stormers. As you would imagine big physical packs and plenty of flyers out wide. A significant step up from the Cheetahs and the other one. Hope we give plenty of stadium tours when these sides come to town.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Rather than shift another 40 point loss i think we need go full bore against leinster next weekend. Tell the team that played against Leicester they have one last chance this year to save some face. After that blood the youngsters in the rest of the games.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Dave wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:23 pm Watched the bulls versus the Stormers. As you would imagine big physical packs and plenty of flyers out wide. A significant step up from the Cheetahs and the other one. Hope we give plenty of stadium tours when these sides come to town.

Bulls or Sharks for Pro16 champions next year.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

damianmcr wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:23 pm Watched the bulls versus the Stormers. As you would imagine big physical packs and plenty of flyers out wide. A significant step up from the Cheetahs and the other one. Hope we give plenty of stadium tours when these sides come to town.

Stormers look good also. The question will be how we'll they travel? I mean can they do it on rainy Friday night in BT6?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

In Super Rugby I've always been a Stormers fan. How do they treat their players when they've been hounded by an online hate mob? They may be my new no.1 Pro14 team too
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Dave wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:57 am
damianmcr wrote:

Stormers look good also. The question will be how we'll they travel? I mean can they do it on rainy Friday night in BT6?
If them teams travel well we are in big big trouble I think.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

jean valjean wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:34 am Rather than shift another 40 point loss i think we need go full bore against leinster next weekend. Tell the team that played against Leicester they have one last chance this year to save some face. After that blood the youngsters in the rest of the games.

I think you could still player a few of the youngsters in that side though- Callum Reid could swap in for Warwick, Rea didn't look out of place at all. Could Tom Stewart offer more than Andrews? Lowry over Burns at 10? Some of the youngsters offer more than some of the starters and if we don't start bringing them them on we will be in the same situation next season. Is having Doak on the bench worse than having Shanahan? The rest of the backline - yeah definitely go full strength on- back three of Balacoune, Addison, Stockdale with Hume and McCloskey [who must be wrecked] in the centre.
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

Bobbievee wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:14 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57038362

Mcwhirter lays it on the line. Ulster are finished??!!
Not exactly rocket science from McWhirter and Henry. These two guys along with Ferris are great at the criticism. Could they do anything to help rather than mouthing off?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

damianmcr wrote:
damianmcr wrote:

True. Our prospects will go down massively but hopefully the league will be a competition again. Hopefully generating more interest and more revenue. We can go back to signing better NIQs.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Silverstu wrote:
jean valjean wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:34 am Rather than shift another 40 point loss i think we need go full bore against leinster next weekend. Tell the team that played against Leicester they have one last chance this year to save some face. After that blood the youngsters in the rest of the games.

I think you could still player a few of the youngsters in that side though- Callum Reid could swap in for Warwick, Rea didn't look out of place at all. Could Tom Stewart offer more than Andrews? Lowry over Burns at 10? Some of the youngsters offer more than some of the starters and if we don't start bringing them them on we will be in the same situation next season. Is having Doak on the bench worse than having Shanahan? The rest of the backline - yeah definitely go full strength on- back three of Balacoune, Addison, Stockdale with Hume and McCloskey [who must be wrecked] in the centre.
Addison will be suspended I expect. I agree with a strong enough side to not get completely destroyed but have a look at Doak, Reid, Rea jnr et al.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

armalig wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:26 pm Conn 16 Lein 33... what a first half of rugby . Entertaining
The first 14 minutes were great.

Man of the Match was Murray Kinsella.

Rarely do you encounter a journo who excels in multiple media formats.

Or even in one of them.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Dave wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:39 am
damianmcr wrote:
damianmcr wrote:

True. Our prospects will go down massively but hopefully the league will be a competition again. Hopefully generating more interest and more revenue. We can go back to signing better NIQs.
I couldn't care as long as they hammer Leinster on a regular basis.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I think the BBC article referencing McWhirter & Henry is pretty accurate.

The season has apart. We have been found wanting physicality, we do struggle at the gainline, the squad is settled for next season or likely damn nearest to it, and we are desperate for young forwards coming through, because if they don’t we are in big trouble because I’m not sure the coaches can do an aweful lot more.

I like McWhirter & Neilly. McWhirter is fair and honest, and as he is distanced can maybe be a bit more honest. I find the recently retired players are far more circumspect with what they say.....leaving plenty of elephants in the room.

I’d like to see a bit of doak at 9 to see where he is at, and defo more of the young forwards we can’t carry on with the status quo, at some point we need to blood the fellas and see what they are capable of. I’d imagine they are desperate for game time in this right off season.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

I think McCann, rea jnr and Reid deserve to be persisted with. Stewart could come in at hooker as Andrews form has been very poor of late. Moore at 12 instead of McCloskey after his defensive shockers on Friday. Lowry needs to be persisted at 10 with also.

Alby dropped completly.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

I don't know where we go from here. We seem to be a team that is always talking about the next season.

What have we to look forward to next season? Nakarawa? I don't want to be negative but he's not going to transform us. It's going to be another season just like this one.

Leinster will take us to the cleaners next week.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND