Rainbow Cup

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Pimpmac
Initiate

Re: Rainbow Cup

Post by Pimpmac »

Dave wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:16 pm Which protocols were broken?
Good point. Knowing UR no protocols were broken….🙄
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Presumably one player at the club managed to catch it and spread it to the other three.

Maybe he should be sacked and forced to play in France Pimpmac?

I mean it’s not like the schools are open and people can shop and eat at restaurants and stuff?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Pimpmac wrote:
Dave wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:16 pm Which protocols were broken?
Good point. Knowing UR no protocols were broken….Image
I thought you knew? I'm sure there is a back story but I've no idea what the issue was. Without knowing some facts I can't draw a firm conclusion. It is possible to get covid without breaking protocol.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:26 am Presumably one player at the club managed to catch it and spread it to the other three.

Maybe he should be sacked and forced to play in France Pimpmac?

I mean it’s not like the schools are open and people can shop and eat at restaurants and stuff?
Did he have an Indian?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

That's five games in a row now without a win!

Few positives at this stage ......
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I think that's unfair Pimpmac. Some of the younger players live with friends. They can't control the actions of others. The older players could have kids and they can't control what happens in school and based on figures in England it looks like there it's spreading in schools. Plus gven the infection rate is so low it's more bad luck than anything now to get it. If they didn't follow protocols wouldn't they have more likely became infected months ago due to the high rates.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Its a shame for the 500 who I'm sure were looking forward to a night at Ravenhill but that aside, it's hard to get too worked up about this. It was a nothing game and in some respects its a fitting conclusion to the tournament which we are already out of.

It is unfortunate but i'm not sure i can condemn the players pimpmac. If it was a season defining game though i'd probably be on the same bandwagon.
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

COVID is COVID people catch it, spread it etc - I get that. However, we do know that a lot of the reason for above is down to personal actions. We have all had to make sacrifices, risk assess our businesses, alter our life etc…. Tbh I expect more from an organisation such as UR when clearly they have a situation where their workplace and profession involves close contact. That means they have to be whiter than white outside of that and go the extra mile to protect themselves. The game is cancelled and a further revenue stream has been lost as a result which I’m sure they can ill afford.

I’m pretty sure if I was involved with UR I’d want to understand what was going on here and wouldn’t be wonderfully impressed.

Justin in regards to your France comment, you’re welcome to read my prior posts in regards to treatment of players and decisions made to release players etc. I don’t think anywhere I suggested any level of discipline nor suggested an enforced resignation on any players. But hey ho you must interpret comments differently to me and that’s grand.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Does this still count as part of Addison's ban?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Marler ended up not missing a match, as such, for his over-familiarity with AWJ.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

IMHO it should count as a match it was not a friendly fixture and it was allotted a result thus assumed to have been played
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Pimpmac wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:02 pm No harm but that’s pretty shambolic. Professional players with the opportunity to get fans in the stadium and clearly a breach of protocols result in the game being cancelled.

Given it’s UR I shouldn’t be surprised but it’s still a bit of a shock given all we have learnt over the past 15 months. Football teams across the UK have been getting checked for months and haven’t had this type of issue for many, many months. Clearly a few of the team aren’t on the same page when it comes to protecting themselves, the club and their workplace from the risks.

No doubt many will jump on here to defend, but given the lack of cases being demonstrated across the country, an exceptionally extensive lockdown that has had implications on people’s freedom and livelihood, yet 4 at the club manage to catch it. The figures indicate the infection rate is 22 per 100k people in Belfast at the moment and 4 of them are at UR, that’s not just a coincidence, that’s stupidity.
Pimpmac wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:25 pm COVID is COVID people catch it, spread it etc - I get that.
You should have stopped there Pimp, and acknowledged that your first rant was an off the cuff blow fuelled as much from disappointment as anything else.

You have stated that there has been "clearly a breach of protocols" at UR. You then had a chance to back down from that and admit you were wrong. You didn't take it. So now it's time you backed up your allegation, nay, your assertion, with facts to back it up.

But you can't. Even if there was a breach of protocols, it would not guarantee someone gets covid, and nor is it possible to say by complying fully with protocols is it possible to guarantee someone remains free from the virus.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:40 am That's five games in a row now without a win!

Few positives at this stage ......
One match unbeaten?

Despite the points awarded to opposition.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

If the British & Irish Lions are getting the vaccine, why on earth are a professional rugby team getting the vaccine. I mean I understand we are all equal in a lot of ways, but really all professional sports people who might be playing in front of fans should be prioritised.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

They are all eligible now as everyone over 18 can book in.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?