What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What annoys people????

Post by Dave »

Sorry to hear this, Rum. I wish you well with your treatment.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Best wishes Rum. Sorry to hear that news. Sincerely hope you can recover.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Tough news - sorry to her that, but I wish you well Rum - hopefully you can confuse the fcuk out of C the way you do with us!!
Hope is not a strategy.
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

All the best Rum and hope treatment goes well keep positive and keep posting and enlightening us with all your news. >you_rock
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Thanks for your good wishes

My advice if you have doubts complete an IPSS questionnaire ( do it honestly don’t underestimate each factor)

The quality of life question really depends on your age and general health and if your bladder is affecting your quality of life then you should have gone to Doctor anyway .

Remember — survival requires early diagnosis
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rumncoke wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:11 am Unmending unfortunately cancer confirmed
Sorry to hear this.
Stay strong keep fighting.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

All the best Rum, sorry to hear your news.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

All the very best, Rum.
You've a lot of friends here and, no doubt, elsewhere.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

rumncoke wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:11 am Unmending unfortunately cancer confirmed
So sorry to hear this Rum, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Not sure if you are interested but there is a book I read ages ago that you might be interested in reading, Anatomy of an Illness by Norman Cousins. Take care Rum
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Not dead yet ------a lot of Sh-t in the old dog still to come
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

rumncoke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:19 am Not dead yet ------a lot of Sh-t in the old dog still to come
The more the better... I think. :D
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

rumncoke wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:39 pm Thanks for your good wishes

My advice if you have doubts complete an IPSS questionnaire ( do it honestly don’t underestimate each factor)

The quality of life question really depends on your age and general health and if your bladder is affecting your quality of life then you should have gone to Doctor anyway .

Remember — survival requires early diagnosis
Rum,

Firstly, Very best wishes for your treatment(s) in the months and years ahead.

I fully endorse your comments about IPSS questionnaires but I would go even further and strongly recommend all men aged 60 and above get their PSA* levels checked via regular blood tests even if they are not experiencing urinary issues. I say this because when I was diagnosed with localised prostate cancer 2 years ago, my honest scores on the IPSS questionnaire were zero... I had NO urinary issues whatsoever !!!! I had gone to the GP with a dodgy back and also asked to have bloods tested for cholesterol and blood sugars primarily to keep the family off my back about my weight etc. Maybe it was the back issue, I don't know, but the GP said he would throw in a PSA test as well , and that started me on the road to being diagnosed with localised prostrate cancer about 3 months later. I underwent brachytherapy treatment in December 2019 and thankfully have been fine every since .

*PSA test results have to be treated carefully and are not a 100% accurate indicator that someone has prostate cancer as there are other factors which can influence PSA levels eg prostate size/volume ... I have a friend whose PSA levels are higher than mine yet he does not require any treatment . However , given my experience, I would still strongly recommend them for men aged 60 and over .

I found this website helpful :

https://prostatecanceruk.org/

Best Wishes again Rum
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

rumncoke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:19 am Not dead yet ------a lot of Sh-t in the old dog still to come
Go on you good thing! All the best with the battle ahead.

The younger generation need a good few more years of your rants and explaining, don't give them an easy out.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Normal GP tests consist of PSA and and a DRE, a fail of either or both will result in a referral to a consultant. An abnormal PSA less than 10 it is basically 3-1 against cancer, greater than 10 the odds reduce to 50/50 . The modern assessment is then ultra sound and/ or MRI prior to biopsy which is TPUS rather than TRUS which has a higher rate of infection which reduces the number of cores sampled --which may result in a cancer being missed .

My prostate being large required over 30 biopsy cores with cancer found in 2 ,unfortunately the cancer was found to be aggressive and still awaits to staged, based on further tests . Type, location, and nature are known, the unknown is spread.

The nature of the cancer , my age and general health define and to some extent limit the form of treatments which have yet to fully identified and are subject to result of an outstanding test ( already taken )
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Be a fûcking outlier!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk