United Rugby Championship

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:44 pm
Neill_M wrote:Cardiff will fly out from South Africa to Dublin tomorrow, then travelling on to England where they will quarantine for 10 days. Six positive Covid cases are staying in Cape Town. They intend to fulfil their Euro clash with Toulouse, utilising academy players.

https://twitter.com/simonrug/status/146 ... 60321?s=20
Wonder why scarlets didn't do the same? Does Peel have a special rate at the belfast covid Hotel?
Holiday Inn in Antrim apparently.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:44 pm
Neill_M wrote:Cardiff will fly out from South Africa to Dublin tomorrow, then travelling on to England where they will quarantine for 10 days. Six positive Covid cases are staying in Cape Town. They intend to fulfil their Euro clash with Toulouse, utilising academy players.

https://twitter.com/simonrug/status/146 ... 60321?s=20
Wonder why scarlets didn't do the same? Does Peel have a special rate at the belfast covid Hotel?
At the time when Scarlets were looking, maybe no availability in England for their 50 strong party?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The Munster 34 are home, can do their 10 days at home. Different rules down South.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Neill_M wrote:The Munster 34 are home, can do their 10 days at home. Different rules down South.
Are they free to play the European game then on the 11th? No team training allowed so it would be a risk to go into it with no contact training in 14 days. Presume they can't go out for a run on their own either.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:57 pm
Neill_M wrote:The Munster 34 are home, can do their 10 days at home. Different rules down South.
Are they free to play the European game then on the 11th? No team training allowed so it would be a risk to go into it with no contact training in 14 days. Presume they can't go out for a run on their own either.
Only come out of isolation on the Saturday 11/12, Munster play on 12th, likely to use mix of internationals and academy players who didn't travel to South Africa. Cardiff putting together side for game v Toulouse on the 11th from players who didn't travel etc.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:10 am My view is that you’ve got to accurately assess a risk before you can mitigate it but we’re unnecessarily disappearing down a rabbit hole.

See you next season (or maybe not as COVID will still be around).
Or maybe sooner if I can get any confidence in not sitting surrounded by a bunch of a*****rd who are not double or triple jabbed and who don't have to provide proof of anything to anybody......
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

So proof of vaccination is now an entry requirement, of course.

Although it doesn’t mean you don’t have the COVID……
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:24 pm The Munster 34 are home, can do their 10 days at home. Different rules down South.
My understanding is, the scarlets would not have been required to isolate at all if they had stayed in the south. They could have trained, even been joined by others currently in Wales and thren gone home next week.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:So proof of vaccination is now an entry requirement, of course.

Although it doesn’t mean you don’t have the COVID……
No but it is mitigation on the risks in terms of spreading infection: based on viral load and/or severity of symptoms etc. Basically a non-symptomatic vaccinated individual is much less likely to be a significant source of contamination. Plus turning up unvaccinated your risks of acquiring infection, severe disease, death and incubation of new variant are greater.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Yes Dave, I know.

I think this forum has kind of missed the boat when it comes to a COVID debate.

There’s 55,000 posts on the (main) COVID thread on the PNE forum.

It’s probably best that people stick to spouting horlix about rugby on here and either turn up to matches or not.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:13 pm Yes Dave, I know.

It’s probably best that people stick to spouting horlix about rugby on here and either turn up to matches or not.
Do you not think there is more 'debate' (argument) about it in England because it is a political football. People over there expect their politicians to take decisive action (one way or another) to deal with it. Whereas most people on this forum have lived in NI for many decades ...
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

BR wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:38 pm

Do you not think there is more 'debate' (argument) about it in England because it is a political football. People over there expect their politicians to take decisive action (one way or another) to deal with it. Whereas most people on this forum have lived in NI for many decades ...
Not really, since (a) Slugger O'Toole exists if you want (b) endless circular debates on the NI constitutional situation from (c) generally the same suspects who hold the somewhat fixed views which they wish to propagate to others rather than change their own. Other than that, Justin73 has the right idea re: a COVID debate. If you want that and rugby, then the 42 is waiting for you.....
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Cardiff stuck in South Africa for one more day and will leave Friday, lost their landing slot in England for today. EPCR have announced extension of registration of players for Round 1 till Wednesday to allow Munster, Scarlets, Cardiff and Zebre to find some new temporary players. Munster apparently looking in AIL. You need a match day squad of minimum 19 with 6 front row players to play in Heineken and Challenge Cups.

Munster’s registered European squad (* denotes academy players)
In Limerick (18): Back three: Andrew Conway, Keith Earls, Conor Phillips*, Jonathan Wren*; Centres: Damien de Allende; 10s: Joey Carbery; 9s: Conor Murray, Rowan Osborne, Ethan Coughlan*; Hookers: Declan Moore; Props: Dave Kilcoyne, Mark Donnelly*; Locks: Tadhg Beirne, Paddy Kelly*, Eoin O’Connor*; Back row: Peter O’Mahony, Scott Buckley*, Daniel Okeke*.
Injured: Chris Farrell, John Hodnett, Calvin Nash, Roman Salanoa, RG Snyman.

Scarlets have 14 players as things stand.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

BR wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:38 pm

You may well have a point.

Am still trying to bring myself up to speed by binge-watching the likes of Spotlight and The Blame Game.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Here, if there's a debate to be had the uafc will find a way. It seems most folk generally agree.

Any antivaxx or covidiots want a pop, step up then. I'm battle hardened from twitter on this.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?