PADDY JACKSON

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Jetstream wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:26 pm Meanwhile Reece is picked to play for All Blacks against Ireland. Will IRFU and Guinness register a protest?
Guinness haven't already decided to pull out of any contract they have with the AB's so there's no reason for them to throw themselves hypocritically onto any band wagon of condemnation this time around.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

PJ to Leicester to replace Ford?

would be an upgrade on both sides
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bobbievee wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:53 pm PJ to Leicester to replace Ford?

would be an upgrade on both sides
Premiership clubs are allowed two players who don't count towards the £5MN salary cap, so for example Handre Pollard is leaving Montpellier in the summer and could join Tigers. Was on basically 7 figures in France. Jackson is apparently getting £500,000 / season at LI for info.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

The rule changes to one player outside of the salary cap next year, called a Marquee player, better known as a big tent one.................
Pollard does seem to be a front runner, but I'm not sure whether we want or need any more South Africans, we have more vans than most vehicle rental companies just now lol.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Good win for LI today.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Tickets bought for the Exeter match in January. Find myself needing to be in London that weekend and the prices are reasonable so why not?
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Is Pau v London Irish on the telly this Saturday?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:15 pm Is Pau v London Irish on the telly this Saturday?
You can watch it on EPCR Website if you pay £5 for it. BT Sport showing Gloucester game on Friday night.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Paddy on the bench? Tactical?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

solidarity wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:11 pm Paddy on the bench? Tactical?
Probably getting a rest, it is the Parker Pen.

10/15 sides progress to Round of 16, joined by teams 9-11 in each H Cup pool.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Article by Owen Slot in the Times today highlighting the FRIFU’s exclusion of ‘the country’s in form fly half’ - entitled ‘Pretending Paddy Jackson does not exist serves nobody - instead use him as a lesson fo young men’.
Hope is not a strategy.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:51 pm Article by Owen Slot in the Times today highlighting the FRIFU’s exclusion of ‘the country’s in form fly half’ - entitled ‘Pretending Paddy Jackson does not exist serves nobody - instead use him as a lesson fo young men’.
A lesson against sending a couple of off coloured texts??
If that’s the case then I, and probably everyone else on this forum should be locked up for twenty years because I’m quite sure we have all done worse than a few stupid texts.
I appreciate the sentiment in the first part of the sentence but I really think the wider public have conveniently forgotten that Paddy and Stu were found NOT GUILTY, so the punishment is ridiculous compared to any transgression.
I hope Ireland come last in the six nations, not because I don’t want them to win, but because the FIRFU have ballsed this whole situation and only a complete disaster in terms of performance and results will bring about the sacking of those @rseholes who made the decisions.
Paddy and Stu will probably never want to darken UR’s doors again, and I fully understand if that’s the case but I for one will continue to support them.
Rant over.
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

>appl >appl Totally agree and well said.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I think PJ might play for Ulster if asked but Ireland is a different question altogether .

The fault lies with the self righteous Logan who failed to understand the nature of social media prejudging the case .

By stating provided they were found innocent because they had already been suspended for over a year they would be reinstated immediately subject to the jury .Because the Club had already imposed sanctions .

The fact is the legal profession has a way of protecting and avenging its own despite the fact she was a lying “naughty little girl”
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

StandUp wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:11 pm
Hans Indaruck wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:51 pm Article by Owen Slot in the Times today highlighting the FRIFU’s exclusion of ‘the country’s in form fly half’ - entitled ‘Pretending Paddy Jackson does not exist serves nobody - instead use him as a lesson fo young men’.
A lesson against sending a couple of off coloured texts??
If that’s the case then I, and probably everyone else on this forum should be locked up for twenty years because I’m quite sure we have all done worse than a few stupid texts.
I appreciate the sentiment in the first part of the sentence but I really think the wider public have conveniently forgotten that Paddy and Stu were found NOT GUILTY, so the punishment is ridiculous compared to any transgression.
I hope Ireland come last in the six nations, not because I don’t want them to win, but because the FIRFU have ballsed this whole situation and only a complete disaster in terms of performance and results will bring about the sacking of those @rseholes who made the decisions.
Paddy and Stu will probably never want to darken UR’s doors again, and I fully understand if that’s the case but I for one will continue to support them.
Rant over.
Damn right
Gonna Party Like It's 1999