COVID Proof Needed from December 13th

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: COVID Proof Needed from December 13th

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:49 pm Pardon my stupidity, but if you live in England and are going home for a match what is the best thing to do?
Don't live in England.

Yer welcome. :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

WestDr wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:26 pm Um, I would suggest that there's a little bit of confusion creeping in here, HWM and MUM.....

Two points:
1. As others have noted here, the two little grey cards they gave you when you got (a) Jabs 1 & 2 and (b) a booster aren't 'Certifcates' and won't work.
2. The NI COVID Travel Certificate is actually what you want.

Why ?
1. The NI COVID Travel Certificate has (a) the necessary QR code [which the gate people - see other responses here - will scan] and (b) it covers both NI 'domestic' and 'international' travel.
2. It's readily available in 'non-digital' form (i.e. getting a paper copy is simple and quick)

The 'domestic' and 'travel' certificates hold the same information, and are not mutually exclusive (i.e. it is not the case that only the 'domestic' certificate is acceptable for use in NI). Nothing to stop you getting both Travel and Domestic in paper or digital form if you want, but why carry two ? Belfast Agreement and all that..... The travel one is accepted in the Republic with photo ID (with the paper version), so it'll do rightly there too for when you pop to that outlet in Emyvale......

How to get a 'non-digital' (paper) NI Travel Certificate:
1. Get an NI Direct account - if you have claimed the £100 card, then you have one of these already. That should have already dealt with the ID verification side of the process.
2. Then apply for the Travel Certificate (https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/ap ... ertificate). Btw, with some effort on that site, you are able to submit another photo in digital form without giving 'them' (the COVID application site itself) control over your computer's camera to take a photo (whose purpose is to compare against other photo ID such as passport or driving licence you may have supplied for the £100/NI Direct site).
3. At the end of this process, when you are informed that the Travel Certificate has been processed (not 'granted') and is available, then you will have the option to either load it to a phone and/or download and print a PDF copy of the certificate. Just like a paper (season) ticket.
4. When you use the paper copy of the certificate, you will need to present photo ID (e.g. your driving licence) since the checker/receptionist/security person should want to match the name on the paper certificate to the person holding it.

If you read the UR/standard text carefully, it allows this to be a valid route to prove vaccination. However, (a) on a phone is easier and simpler to code for, (b) the yoof love it/expect it no other way and (c) it does assume that there is a match on betweena digital certificate and the phone (however as BR notes, who knows whose phone it actually is ? I note that the 'domestic' certificate app takes a selfie...).

Of course, for those with a dislike to this process, who know something about cyber-security or have some wish to maintain privacy, then perhaps you shouldn't have given all that data away for £100 ! I prefer the paper version as (a) my partner works in cyber-security and is paranoid about apps and (b) I can print out the paper copy and keep it in my wallet.

Yes, the process at the Ravenhill gates will, in theory, be slower, but I'd bet that'll be largely due to the EventSec staff being poorly briefed as to what is acceptable.... and then it'll be "lash it in lads" as PSNI tell them to get on with it and stop causing mayhem outside the ground with queues everywhere amidst the P&R buses etc.

Long-winded but hope it helps. Paper and entry is possible !
Or you could just phone 0300 200 7814, Monday to Sunday 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, answer some questions and they'll send you a paper one.

Won't help for Saints match though as it takes up to 10 days.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

mid ulster maestro wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:01 am Thanks WestDr for the clarification. I was toying with the idea of getting the January ticket offer but due to the present and somewhat changable conditions I think I'll stay safe at home.
Will miss yer company - Always liked standing behind you in changeable conditions - you kept the wind and rain off me just fine. :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:36 am Well I will be trying with my photocopied vaccine wee card and if I don’t get in I will walk home.
YES!!!!

RESULT!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I'm not arguing -