URC league comments from Wales

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dharper
Steward

URC league comments from Wales

Post by Dharper »

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... jKTaDqeP9U

Very interesting comments re salary caps, drafts, and deadline day player swap/club transfers - clearly not just ire where there is talent blockages.

League competitiveness will be a future problem to deal with.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: URC league comments from Wales

Post by Neill_M »

Don't engage with the Welsh on the salary cap issue etc, you will get sucked into the black hole and not escape! Some of the numbers they come up with for Leinster's playing budget are interesting to say the least.....
Last edited by Neill_M on Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

It's funny how they point the gun at the IRFU for funding the provinces to the extent where they're far ahead of the Welsh sides yet very rarely bring up how their own union is building a multi million pound hotel in the middle of Cardiff instead of funding the pathway that provides the national team with its players.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Another Welsh gurn. I suppose when the regions have made very little impact in the past decade, people look for all sorts of reasons. No one doubts that money has an influence on results but things like good organisation, good feeder systems and quality coaching, in the context of a supportive culture, really can't be ignored. I believe that the numbers of youngsters in Wales who play rugby are dropping. Could be wrong, but if it is the case, the future doesn't look great.