Heineken Cup 2021/22 Other Sides

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Heineken Cup 2021/22 Other Sides

Post by jean valjean »

Leinster to top 60 points today. Disgusting how some English and French clubs are cheapening this competition.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

jean valjean wrote:Leinster to top 60 points today. Disgusting how some English and French clubs are cheapening this competition.
Gonna revise this to 80 now.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Montpellier should have white flagged re COVID cases given their pathetic effort this afternoon.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

A sloppy performance from Leinster notwithstanding the points scored. Too many passes dropped. We should have got over the 100 mark to make a statement to the EPCR.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Dublin4 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:28 pm A sloppy performance from Leinster notwithstanding the points scored. Too many passes dropped. We should have got over the 100 mark to make a statement to the EPCR.
Good to see you keeping your standards high, D4. :thumleft:
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Tigers game set to be cancelled due to Covid in the Bordeaux camp it seems.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

tigerburnie wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:28 pm Tigers game set to be cancelled due to Covid in the Bordeaux camp it seems.
Yup

JF Paturaud
@JFPaturaud
·
1m
Le match entre Leicester et l’UBB est aussi annulé. Cas de Covid dans les rangs girondins. Victoire 28-0 des Anglais
@RMCsport

Means Tigers will finish in Top 2 of Pool with guaranteed home quarter final (if they qualify). Can finish as Top seed if Harlequins fail to get all 5 points tonight / get BP win and win by less than 7. Top 1 gets home country advantage in semi final (if they qualify).
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

EPCR has been informed by Union Bordeaux-Bègles that they have a recorded a number of positive test results for Covid-19 among their tournament squad and as a consequence, the club is not in a position to fulfil its Heineken Champions Cup, Round 4 fixture against Leicester Tigers scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday 22 January).

The Pool B fixture at Mattioli Woods Welford Road is therefore regrettably cancelled with Leicester Tigers awarded the match on a 28-0, five match points basis, in accordance with the Tournament Rules.

EPCR would like to acknowledge the efforts of both clubs to fulfil the fixture, and would also like to reiterate that awarding the match to Leicester Tigers is a tournament management measure with the objective of ensuring that all fixtures in the 2021/22 Heineken Champions Cup are accounted for, and not a sanction.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Fairly meaningless game for Bordeaux……
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Castres robbed by the ref tonight.
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Stade edge Cardiff out of 8th place in Pool B by points difference of 1 point. Kicked last minute penalty against the Westies to do so.

BT Sport saying Stade are confirmed in the round of 16, but by my reckpning Wasps can still push Stade out by getting at least a losing BP.

Two points for wasps would see us playing them in the R16 rather than Toulouse.

Am I missing something or are BT Sport (and by that I mean BOD) wrong?

EDIT: BT Sport just caught up with the game - Wasps can edge out Stade Francais with just a losing BP.

2nd Edit: BOD's an idiot - says if Wasps get 2 points eg a draw, they will still be in 8th position because Toulouse will have a better points difference. The fact that Wasps will have 8 points and Toulouse will have 7 doesn't seem to have occurred to him. :lol:
Last edited by Cap'n Grumpy on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

BOD taking a load of bullocks. Says wasps need to win to go above toulouse, but 4 try and a losing bonus point gets them onto 8 points and into 7th place.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:09 pm BOD taking a load of bullocks. Says wasps need to win to go above toulouse, but 4 try and a losing bonus point gets them onto 8 points and into 7th place.
Or a draw.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:09 pm BOD taking a load of bullocks. Says wasps need to win to go above toulouse, but 4 try and a losing bonus point gets them onto 8 points and into 7th place.
Too many blows to the head.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Wasps like Drico total crapolla.
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!