Are we allowed to talk about KINGSPAN

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Are we allowed to talk about KINGSPAN

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rumncoke wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:20 am Armchair expert -- I refer you to my post of the 7th Dec ( page 5 )

The only people who end up with a smile on their face are the legal profession

two farmers and a cow -- one pulling at its head -- one pulling at its tail ----and the two barristers sitting either side milking it
I suspect you are dealing with matters outside Armchair Expert's area of interest.

His only(?) interest in your scenario might be in the hide of the cow, but only then if Mr Expert's armchairs include the leather variety.

Wot the heck he knows about cladding and building materials is debatable as his declared area of expertise is in some of the furniture used inside such buildings and others. :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Armchair Expert
Novice

Post by Armchair Expert »

My area of interest is as wide as get out enabling me to risk referring to Rum’s post. I agree that the enquiry is unlikely to please the victims and families. I just hold out a little hope that it won’t please the government either.

The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations 1988 (amended 1989, 1993 and 2010) Is only one element of my expertise so am all in favour of leather coverings rather than the plastic varieties which are harmful when smoked.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Dear Armchair,

Thank you for your very useful posts and explanation of the bounds of your expertise.

My partner has recently taken delivery of a superb sofabed purchased from a central Belfast department store. It is without doubt extremely comfortable as a sofa in normal use. It did however come with the following tag attached (see attached photo).
IMG_5266-min(2).JPG
IMG_5266-min(2).JPG (66.58 KiB) Viewed 696 times
From your deep well of expertise, please can you advise on the risk associated with use of this sofa, and its exposure to, whilst watching Ulster Rugby in:
(a) away URC matches
(b) matches with participants including, but not limited to, Madigan or Burns; and
(c) matches with Frank Murphy and/or Andrew Brace as referees/touch judges.

Your further advice on which other participants may cause a potential issue under circumstances (b) and perhaps (c) would also be most appreciated.

Other points you may take into consideration in your assessment:
1. I have fully tested the sofa under the conditions of one away EPRC event involving UR. These do seem to furnish a lower risk.
2. All users of the sofa are in control of their bodily fluids although possibly not their language or the volume and/or colour of said language.

Looking forward to your considered and thoughtful reply.

Best regards,

West Dr
Armchair Expert
Novice

Post by Armchair Expert »

West Dr,

Consultancy fees have been waived at this stage as I would like to have you come back with further issues that I can gouge as much from you as I possibly can.

As the item of furniture in question is a chair with arms I can assure you that the cover will be not be suitable for watching:
(a) Away matches
(b) Madigan matches and Burns (name is a giveaway) matches
(c) Brace or Murphy shambles.

As an engineered solution (a), (b) and (c) are all permissible if management can confirm that the matches are instead replaced by games.

Care should be taken when watching Wimbledon as games eventually add up to a match.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Obviously issue still rubbling with support group on radio and
on the news .. not sure the protesters that turned up with banner
where actually supporters as billed in the news.. more the usual turn up and protest at anything brigade.. I came in other gate so thankfully missed them.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Pressure growing now the beeb are involved amd making a deal of it. Dont like the players being dragged into it. These guys are not Lewis Hamilton who has his money made and has the clout to dictate the agenda. This is one for jonny and the IRFU to sort out, leave the players out of it.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Eventsec made us unfurl our 4 flegs (3 yellow, one red and white) last Saturday to check nothing on them about Kingspan and they said they were doing it was because there was a protest group with a fleg.
Our Japenese fleg was deemed ok.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Another protest planned for tomorrow night.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

A bit more information. As I noted on the v Clermont thread:

"Noted 4 people from CATU outside the Mount Merrion gates. Fair play to PSNI and UR for letting them be there, and to the CATU people for having the courage to do it. No trouble about it either way from what I could see. Let's get that inquiry sorted asap. And get Stephanie Barwell QC to go after UK Govt and Arconic too......"

The 4 people holding the 2 banners did not have the look of supporters (no scarves, hats or Ulster Rugby wear), but seemed rather more from the student end of the protest tank. The 2 5m x 1m (or so) banners consisted of (a) a rather home-made one with 'Justice for Grenfell' on it (which is probably similar to what EventSec were looking for with HwMike's flags) and (b) a more professional plastic printed one solely publicising CATU. [Website here: https://catuireland.org/]. The Anti-Protocol banners from last year with Sefcovic, Coveney, Boris and Frost were bigger and better.

Although it was fairly busy, there seemed to be no one else around in this cause - no groups standing on the grass on the other side of Mount Merrion or anything. I've seen bigger crowds at Anti-NI Protocol demonstrations.....

No doubt JPetrie has plenty to corroborate this from both UR/EventSec stewards checking COVID passes etc and who vastly out-numbered the demonstrators (but did not, from what I could see, hassle them in any way whatsoever) and the UR-owned CCTV that covers the Mt Merrion gates. I also believe that he does not have the vanity of Shane Logan who would, by now, probably have felt it entirely necessary to get his face on TV.

As for what UR should do ? IMHO
(1) continue to point towards the inquiry as the process where the facts will be assessed and any responsibilty assigned. Support the process as it has been agreed.
(2) realise, if they didn't already, that it is the job of Stephanie Barwell QC to dig up and chuck as much as she can in the hope that some of it sticks. She's a QC for goodness sake - they're paid to do this.
(3) continue to facilitate the demonstrations, as much as safety grounds and PSNI allow i.e. the demonstrators do not obstruct the safe access and egress of spectators, nor of buses etc providing the park-and-ride services etc.
(4) Absolutely refuse all invitations to go on the Nolan Show or similar. There will be no mercy shown in those quarters.
(5) Monitor with Cavan GAA and see what is going on down in Breffni Park.

What will be interesting is to what extent BBC NI, having got back the rights to show UR matches, wish to provide air time to an organisation that seeks to cast aspersions on something it is televising. And I'd have a lot more time for them if they were there demonstrating at the end of the match too...
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

jean valjean wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:01 pm Another protest planned for tomorrow night.
Bet They’re the same wee ballixs that protested against Jackson and Olding.

Araeholes that think they’re above the law and court process.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Big-al wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:40 pm
jean valjean wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:01 pm Another protest planned for tomorrow night.
Bet They’re the same wee ballixs that protested against Jackson and Olding.

Araeholes that think they’re above the law and court process.
No, saw both sets and they're not. Much much larger crowd for J&O.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Have the bank of ireland or vodafone raised any concerns yet? They are the usual moral compasses, right?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

jean valjean wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:31 pm Pressure growing now the beeb are involved amd making a deal of it. Dont like the players being dragged into it. These guys are not Lewis Hamilton who has his money made and has the clout to dictate the agenda. This is one for jonny and the IRFU to sort out, leave the players out of it.
Very much agreed but when do the scumbag media ever care about ethics when they can manufacture even more scandal. Filth.
Last edited by StandUp on Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

It will be interesting to see if the IRFU get dragged into this. I do get the impression that in southern quarters kingspan are getting a bit of a by ball in all of this, so the hypocrisy of the IRFU is something that may soon be noted.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

jean valjean wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:47 pm It will be interesting to see if the IRFU get dragged into this. I do get the impression that in southern quarters kingspan are getting a bit of a by ball in all of this, so the hypocrisy of the IRFU is something that may soon be noted.
I suspect if Kingspan were a nordie company, the FIRFU would have been heard by now.