Cricket season

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Cricket season

Post by Bart S »

Good win indeed and could and should have won the series 3-0, as they blew a good position in the first game. You always sense with Ireland batting that when a good partnership is broken things can unravel pretty quickly.still, better than england’s Batting where there is not even a good partnership in the first place.

Ireland bowled very well and they are developing a few good “batters” now as well, so plenty of promise.Realistically they don’t have the ability or resources to compete across all 3 formats - seems like the 50 over game is the one they are best suited do.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bart S wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:52 am Good win indeed and could and should have won the series 3-0, as they blew a good position in the first game.
Didn't have Stirling in that match, playing or as captain.

Did I ever tell yous that I drove Paul to the match he scored his first "representative" century? I think it was his first representative one anyway - For NCU U-15s in the interpros. If I still had that car, I could put a blue plaque on it. :lol:

True story that. :D
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Careful Cap'n with that kind of loose talk as next thing Shane Logan will be claiming he did it and taking the credit for Ireland's victory.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Big game for Ireland this morning.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Great result.

Onward and upward!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Jimmy's back.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

England looking pretty grim. At this rate they just might lose to NZ, in 3 days, at home. :shock:
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Really good win over SA for Ireland's weemin today. Onwards and upwards girls!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

solidarity wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:41 pm England looking pretty grim. At this rate they just might lose to NZ, in 3 days, at home. :shock:
I was at the game in ‘99 at Lord’s when Horne got the worst ton I’ve ever seen.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

After Stokes's let off, and a flukey four that could have done for Root, surely England shoiuld put this to bed tomorrow morning.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:28 pm After Stokes's let off, and a flukey four that could have done for Root, surely England shoiuld put this to bed tomorrow morning.
I'd say it's still in the balance. If NZ can get Root out early you'd fancy them against England's tail.

Eng def favourites though with 15 overs left before a new ball.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Root goes to 10000 test runs with his 100 which just happens to be the square root of 10000! He didn't hit it square of the wicket unfortunately.
Big Neville Southall
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:59 am Root goes to 10000 test runs with his 100 which just happens to be the square root of 10000! He didn't hit it square of the wicket unfortunately.
But on the final day who were you Rooting for Merv?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

First day dropped catches could prove very costly. NZ just might get close to 500.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:17 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:59 am Root goes to 10000 test runs with his 100 which just happens to be the square root of 10000! He didn't hit it square of the wicket unfortunately.
But on the final day who were you Rooting for Merv?
I do still root for Root and England, if they're not playing Ireland...

They were our Test team for most of my life i.e. the Test team that anybody born in the British Isles was eligible to play for, so hard to ditch them even if the jingoistic stuff and the Barmy Army get hard to stick AT TIMES.
Big Neville Southall