TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

mea97mb
Squire

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by mea97mb »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:59 pm And he played for Ireland in July.
Aware of that but only against the USA, if he doesn't get meaningful caps against Tier 1 nations is what I mean. He could be stuck in the same limbo that Cave, McCloskey got stuck in.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

He’s come from nowhere to get a cap and a place in the Autumn squad.

No doubt he’ll be reviewing his options in two years but, at his current rate of improvement, a central contract would a better bet than him taking a pay day at 25.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cave didn't go for a pay day in France. He used his profile to setup a cafe(s) locally. Plenty of local business opportunities for players. It's considered an open goal in the sausage industry.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:49 pm Cave didn't go for a pay day in France. He used his profile to setup a cafe(s) locally. Plenty of local business opportunities for players. It's considered an open goal in the sausage industry.
And you don't even have to be very good to get into the sausage industry.
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:20 pm
Bayern wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:16 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:29 pm Still no new contract announced for Ross Byrne, anyone know where he is off to?

Great defender and kicker.
Leinster dont do individual contract announcements, all extensions will be announced in one go after the 6 nations.
:thumleft: True, but Byrne only penned a one year contract last year, how likely is he to sign again. Just speculating.
Ross Byrne signed a 2 year contract in 2020.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Apparently Gibbes’ next door neighbour’s aunties third cousin once removed has a bit of a runny nose and he wants to move back to Belfast to be closer to her and asked for his job back coz he wants to be part of a WINNING CLUB🖕 >seeya
Keyboard Warrior
Novice

Post by Keyboard Warrior »

I know we were in the.market for a loosehead but is there a plan to bring in a replacement for Roberts or is Andrew and the two young hookers the plan for next season when Herring is unavailable?
"Sadly, rugby is now heading the way of soccer, fueled by pitiful websites and the anonymous vitriol of cowards." Tony Ward once again refocusing away from the real problems in Irish Rugby.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Keyboard Warrior wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:08 pm I know we were in the.market for a loosehead but is there a plan to bring in a replacement for Roberts or is Andrew and the two young hookers the plan for next season when Herring is unavailable?
Was going to ask same question. Maybe get an "experienced" Argentine / Georgian lad in?
Keyboard Warrior
Novice

I feel like we'd get blocked for a NIQ particularly if we're after one for loosehead. Mcguigan at Newcastle was definitely on Munster's radar might be worth seeing if he'd be open to the move north instead, likely to get more game time. Niall Annett is out of contract in the summer as well.
"Sadly, rugby is now heading the way of soccer, fueled by pitiful websites and the anonymous vitriol of cowards." Tony Ward once again refocusing away from the real problems in Irish Rugby.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Keyboard Warrior wrote:I know we were in the.market for a loosehead but is there a plan to bring in a replacement for Roberts or is Andrew and the two young hookers the plan for next season when Herring is unavailable?
We should be going after Dan Sheehan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

kingofthehill wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:47 pm
Keyboard Warrior wrote:I know we were in the.market for a loosehead but is there a plan to bring in a replacement for Roberts or is Andrew and the two young hookers the plan for next season when Herring is unavailable?

he signed a 2 year contract before Christmas with leinster after being approached by Munster.
Keyboard Warrior
Novice

Unless his place in the Ireland squad comes under threat from the likes of Barron or Buckley at Munster or one of the Leinster academy lads goes on a run when he's away and stops him getting into the leinster side I can't see him moving until at least post world cup
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

kingofthehill wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:47 pm

Were you thinking out loud or trying to tell us something?
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

Why would we go after Sheenan with Stewart/McCormick potentially on horizon?

Surely we need a tighthead more than a loosehead? Assuming Milasinovich won't back.

Not to mention the lack of Blindside still.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

launish116 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:08 pm Why would we go after Sheenan with Stewart/McCormick potentially on horizon?

Surely we need a tighthead more than a loosehead? Assuming Milasinovich won't back.

Not to mention the lack of Blindside still.
Prop contract situation (Open to correction):

Up in summer:

LHP - O'Sullivan, McGrath
THP - Kane

Signed on for next season:

LHP - Reid (23), Warwick (23)
THP - O'Toole (24), Moore (24), Milasinovich (23)