Northampton 16th Jan

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Northampton 16th Jan

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:How did Marcus Rea do today? Couldn't really tell from where I was in the ground. More big game experience for him and confidence shown in him anyway I guess.
He was fairly relentless. He didn't manage to get a turnover I don't think but he carries that threat. I'm sure his efforts resulted in even slightly slower ball for them. He made sure they had to deal with him. The backrow had a nice balance.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Good to hear that as it was a strong Northampton backrow. Seems like Marcus has done well in the big games despite his lack of experience. Also great to see some new home-grown talent capable of playing at this level in the forwards.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I sense that Reid may be on his way home with the new back row coming from Saracens and to some extent Jordi may have his best games behind him as age takes its toll but if fit would an excellent sub on the bench due to his experience.

With a decent back row Ulster may be able to compete against leinster but there would still be a possible lack of X factor in the front five to beat them consistently.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Captain Rum- n- the- Rocks requires a decent Rum where as any old bottle of the nectar can be drunk with coke

Me I'm to mean to buy decent Rum recognising after 2 they all taste a like with coke and if at a party where you don't wish to indulge greatly you can start topic up the glass with coke and nobody realises you have ceased drinking and therefore you avoid giving others a guilty feeling as they continue drinking .

This would be impossible when drinking it on the rocks. The same approach is possible with Vodka and coke but not really possible with Whiskey, Brandy or Gin with a mixer.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Whiskey with ice or mixer can only be described as sacrilege.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:53 pm Whiskey with ice or mixer can only be described as sacrilege.
Yer half right.

A little ice makes any whiskey smoother, and most (Scotch) whiskies pallatable - just.

Mixers are :pukel: despite what they tell ya at Bushmills (that there's no right way or wrong way - you drink it whatever way you want. Wot would they know? :lol: ).
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:21 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:53 pm Whiskey with ice or mixer can only be described as sacrilege.
Yer half right.

A little ice makes any whiskey smoother, and most (Scotch) whiskies pallatable - just.

Mixers are :pukel: despite what they tell ya at Bushmills (that there's no right way or wrong way - you drink it whatever way you want. Wot would they know? :lol: ).
I propose that the bars sell;
Bruichladdich X4+1 Quadrupled whisky (92% Alcohol)
Pincer Vodka (88.8% Alcohol) ...
Balkan (176-88% Alcohol ) ...
Good ol' Sailor Vodka (85% Alcohol) ...
Sunset Rum (84% Alcohol) ...
Devil Springs Vodka (80% Alcohol) ...
Bacardi 151 (75.5% Alcohol) ...
Absinthe (60%- 72% Alcohol) ...
and as they're over 60% alcohol, we can just say its gel to kill the virus. :drunken:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right