Ulster v Clermont Sat Jan 22 5:30pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster v Clermont Sat Jan 22 5:30pm BT Sport 3

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:48 pm What's the logic behind being able to buy tea, coffee, lemonade, burger, chips etc. but not a beer? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Seriously? you think there's logic behind it? :roll:

Probably that tea, coffee etc doesn't lower your inhibitions and make you behave in inappropriate ways that could transmit the virus.

It's all I got!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:51 pm
solidarity wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:48 pm What's the logic behind being able to buy tea, coffee, lemonade, burger, chips etc. but not a beer? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Seriously? you think there's logic behind it? :roll:

Probably that tea, coffee etc doesn't lower your inhibitions and make you behave in inappropriate ways that could transmit the virus.

It's all I got!
That's as close as we're likely to get to a logical train of thought from the Hill. I wonder if the debate on the topic divided across certain well known party lines.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Well I’m glad my Saturday was ruined on Tuesday rather than on Saturday when I got there.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

solidarity wrote:What's the logic behind being able to buy tea, coffee, lemonade, burger, chips etc. but not a beer? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Ludicrous.. well if the rules aren’t changed beforehand, in all seriousness I’ll be smuggling a few tinnies in Image
..one more thing
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

The choice of beers isn’t great when they can serve them.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Sue Dename wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:58 am
The choice of beers isn’t great when they can serve them.
I like mine wet.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

What’s the craic with bringing your own tins - would the high-vis gestapo confiscate them if they see them? Do I need to secrete them about the person??
..one more thing
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Columbo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:41 pm What’s the craic with bringing your own tins - would the high-vis gestapo confiscate them if they see them? Do I need to secrete them about the person??
Yeah best to keep them hidden. They don’t need much excuse to become jackboot @rseholes. A hip flask is a must in this weather too.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Columbo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:41 pm What’s the craic with bringing your own tins - would the high-vis gestapo confiscate them if they see them? Do I need to secrete them about the person??
They will absolutely take them off you and/or kick you out if they see you with your own tins. If however you get one of those large water bottle things that people bring to the gym or hiking or whatever, you can fit 2 tins in one of them and if you have 2 tins in your jacket you can manage 4 tins without too much faffing. They'll not check whats in your water bottle (best not to use a clear bottle though).

Another favoured option if you have one of those platypus hydration things with the wee drinking tube that folk use for running or hiking, you can get a bottle of wine in one of those. Combine the two strategies with a hip flask for the win.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

I’ll go for a couple of airplane miniatures and treat myself to an overpriced Diet Coke at the bar. Stupid rules.

I love that we are two pages in with barely a mention of the match.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

allezlesverres wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 pm
They will absolutely take them off you and/or kick you out if they see you with your own tins. If however you get one of those large water bottle things that people bring to the gym or hiking or whatever, you can fit 2 tins in one of them and if you have 2 tins in your jacket you can manage 4 tins without too much faffing. They'll not check whats in your water bottle (best not to use a clear bottle though).

Another favoured option if you have one of those platypus hydration things with the wee drinking tube that folk use for running or hiking, you can get a bottle of wine in one of those. Combine the two strategies with a hip flask for the win.
If you're in the middle of a standing section you should be safe enough.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Thanks for the tips, a lot of hard-won experience by the sound of things
..one more thing
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

A fleg draped around you can assist in concealing pockets bulging with tinnies/ hip flasks/ lucozade bottles.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:49 am A fleg draped around you can assist in concealing pockets bulging with tinnies/ hip flasks/ lucozade bottles.
HWM's guide to being inconspicuous :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

May not need to sneak anything in if the executive agree to the latest proposals
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-60044349