Fridge Freezer

Who needs ebay?

Moderator: Moderators

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Fridge Freezer

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Anyone upgrading their fridge freezer and wanting me to collect their old one ? Would pay £25 as long as it’s working and am willing to travel up to 10 miles from my base in Holywood. RSVP ASAP.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Re: Fridge Freezer

Any colour will do. Fridge magnets optional but not essential.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Very poor response.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Pick up an argos catalogue you stokey fcuker.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:32 pm Pick up an argos catalogue you stokey fcuker.
Do they still do catalogues?

"Stokey"? :scratch: That's a new wan to me. Is this yoof patter?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:32 pm Pick up an argos catalogue you stokey fcuker.
Do they still do catalogues?

"Stokey"? :scratch: That's a new wan to me. Is this yoof patter?
Probably not. Covid probably.

Stokey is possibly a racial slur now a days. So I'll apologise before I get cancelled.

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Looks like Argos it is then. There is one at £199.99.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Only an afternoon's drinking worth, pal.

Just drink extra in the evening.

Health to enjoy x
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Put a 'wanted' request on FreeCycle. Given the speed with which stuff I put on it disappears, you'll have no problems. Especially if you offer to collect it.

And it costs nothing to join FreeCycle nor do they spam you much either...... www.https://www.freecycle.org/town/BelfastUK. I see that there's a group for North Down too, so you could get a posher SMEG or Miele one from Bangor or Cultra.

The other place to go is your local tip - Palmerston Road or Park Avenue always seem to have plenty of them sitting around. And no doubt the Bangor site in Balloo Ind Estate will have them as well. Whether you can take something that big away without crossing an operative's palm with some silver is another matter, but I've certainly hoked the odd thing out of a skip there before (usually buildings materials such as insulation board)

Get to it - you'll find the Freecycle crowd politer and far more likely to help you than the crowd here....:) As for the council lads and laddesses.....????
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Here's a puzzler that you skip hokers might be able to help with.

I live in BT6. Belfast City Council empty our grey and brown bins on Fri mornings. Now I pride myself on being a binfluencer I.e. the one in the street who's first to put the bins out and from whom the other residents take their lead. Some are born to .... etc :lol:

I put the bins out late last night. I woke up this morning to find the brown one had been emptied! The grey one was still full and nobody else had even put theirs out. I'm baffled.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Well, Big M, from the information you have provided, the mystery is indeed how your brown bin came to be emptied on a Thursday.

Your bin day is Friday (whether blue, brown or grey), yet you were so keen to be a Bin Leader that you put it out on Wednesday night. No wonder no one else did - they all probably looked at the Belfast City Council website to confirm that the day hadn't changed (e.g. for Ardenlee Ave here: https://online.belfastcity.gov.uk/BinCo ... fault.aspx).....

So there's no surprise as to why the black bin wasn't emptied - it's done on Friday too and by a different wagon to the brown or blue wagon..... however, sometimes we get a 'short-cut' bin lorry down our road the day before, but I've never seen it empty anything - better than watching Loose Women I can tell you. A possible explanation is that someone complained about their brown bin not getting emptied so they came round especially (as they do) and by mistake stole the contents of yours too ?

Time to get that fridge freezer over to Holywood methinks..... unless of course you're putting it out for a bulky waste collection with that unsoiied mattress ?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Yes indeed WestDr. I put them out on Wed because the brown was choca with garden waste and I didn't want to forget.

I considered the "short cut" but that doesn't hold water as we are off the main thoroughfares and are a short cut to nowhere.

The other explanation also seems unlikely. Why not let the disgruntled customer wait for just another 24 hrs.

I refilled the brown with garden waste yesterday afternoon and it was emptied again this morning after the grey one.

It remains a mystery.

I went to Ormeau recycling yesterday. Their mattresses were all soiled and the fridge freezers had no doors. It was a rubbish tip!
Big Neville Southall
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Decided on the £199.99 one at Argos.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:19 pm Decided on the £199.99 one at Argos.
Thanks be to God!
I was nearly going back to the mpg of a Fiat 500 discussion!!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Bobbievee wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:52 am
HwoodMike2umate wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:19 pm Decided on the £199.99 one at Argos.
Thanks be to God!
I was nearly going back to the mpg of a Fiat 500 discussion!!
Young Damo used to orovoke some interesting domestic discussions when he was navigating his way through the adult domestic world. Sadly he doesn't seem to need us these days. :(
Big Neville Southall