6 nations 22

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: 6 nations 22

Post by StandUp »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:23 pm
Cracker wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:15 pm Just proved right. The new foreigner plays and Balacoune is sent home.
It's a ballix. When there's Irishmen as good as JGP, Aki, Lowe, Hansen (and Herring for that matter), the aforementioned shouldn't be anywhere near the team. They shouldn't be anywhere near it anyway.
Ridiculous decisions. But then the head coach isn’t an Irishman either so he doesn’t give a f¥ck about indigenous players.
FIRFU
I hate saying this but I hope they get hoked (but Hume has a great game).
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hume must have put on a kiwi accent to get a spot on the bench.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Andy Farrell says Iain Henderson came up just short for this game, but has now returned to full training. He'll be in the mix for the visit to France in round 2. Farrell says Rob Herring has suffered a calf injury that "has set him back a week or two."
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

With you there Standup. Used to go to all the Internationals but my interest started to diminish with the influx of overseas players. Now it has gone completely and I look forward to them getting hammered not only on Saturday but for the rest of the season and we might just get rid of Farrell and get an Irish coach on board. There must be someone in Ireland better than him.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:Andy Farrell says Iain Henderson came up just short for this game, but has now returned to full training. He'll be in the mix for the visit to France in round 2. Farrell says Rob Herring has suffered a calf injury that "has set him back a week or two."
Back from injury playing for Ireland in time to get injured playing for Ireland again.
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

With you there Dave ! they always seem to break him when we could do with him 100% back at home
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Hansen’s mum is from Cork.

Would you want your sprogs to play for Ireland if you’d emigrated (said with the full expectation that a number of posters will say no…..)
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:25 pm
Neill_M wrote:Andy Farrell says Iain Henderson came up just short for this game, but has now returned to full training. He'll be in the mix for the visit to France in round 2. Farrell says Rob Herring has suffered a calf injury that "has set him back a week or two."
Back from injury playing for Ireland in time to get injured playing for Ireland again.
First post of this thread.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

StandUp wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:31 pm
Cracker wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:15 pm Just proved right. The new foreigner plays and Balacoune is sent home.
It's a ballix. When there's Irishmen as good as JGP, Aki, Lowe, Hansen (and Herring for that matter), the aforementioned shouldn't be anywhere near the team. They shouldn't be anywhere near it anyway.
Ridiculous decisions. But then the head coach isn’t an Irishman either so he doesn’t give a f¥ck about indigenous players.
FIRFU
22 of the Scottish panel, were born outside Scotland.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Jetstream wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:06 pm
StandUp wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:31 pm
FIRFU
22 of the Scottish panel, were born outside Scotland.
But not the coach so bang goes that theory.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:Hansen’s mum is from Cork.

Would you want your sprogs to play for Ireland if you’d emigrated (said with the full expectation that a number of posters will say no…..)
Cork is barely in Ireland. They have their own language. Clutching at straws there, pal.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:29 pm
justinr73 wrote:Hansen’s mum is from Cork.

Cork is barely in Ireland. They have their own language. Clutching at straws there, pal.
:lol: You’re a bad man
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Had a Wee spark of interest when squad was announced with a few form Ulster players finally getting recognition they deserved. But it’s the same old story. Aki has done Mccloskey out of an international career (and is no better) and now there’s Hansen getting capped after only 9 Connaught starts. Interest levels at an all time low.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Hansen is a left winger. Balacoune plays on the right.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

interesting that two outstanding Lions players from last summer, Henderson and Henshaw, can't even get into the match day 23.

I don't have a problem with Hansen. He has as much right to play for Ireland as many other players do.

Farrell got it right in November. I can understand how the dominance of Leinster players annoys the other provinces but it has worked. I think it will work again.