StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: 6 nations 22

Post by StandUp »

BR wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:01 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:00 am
Dave wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:31 pm
Bobbievee wrote:Baggy? Barred??!!
I believe he is in a self imposed exile. He should have been made a moderator in my view. The forum is gone to the dogs.
Forum certainly not a patch on what it used to be,
Yip, a lot of good contributors quit for some reason :roll:
Just for clarity, I hope the numbnuts who fell down the stairs and sued UR is still barred. Not baggy. He was a bit of craic when he wasn’t being a carmudgeon.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

WestDr wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:03 pm
StandUp wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:50 am Can anyone please enlighten me as to why or t e aren’t showing the Ireland match?
I would really prefer not to listen to the ridiculous drivel from the ITV pundits if possible.
https://www.the42.ie/which-channel-six- ... 3-Jan2022/
Thanks westie. 👏 hopefully O’Driscoll the gobshite, Waterman the empty vessel and Alphonsi the horrific bore are all otherwise engaged.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Deraless wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:34 pm Hate rehashing all the trial stuff again it really puts me in a serious strop. But I can't help myself!

I sat through quite a lot of it. The whole drive behind the media was to end their careers from day one. The agenda was to try to salvage the reputation of one connected wee girl out of spite and revenge. Then people jumped on the band wagon based on preconceived notions. I had one girl say to me I hope they go to jail even if they didn't do it lol. Thankfully each of the jury members had a brain. What was reported in the press at times bore little resemblance to proceedings in court. Some of the prosecution "evidence" was laughable, clutching at straws and slinging as much mud as possible in the hope that a small bit stuck. The fact they have salvaged anything speaks volumes for their resilience.

What jars even more is the holier than thou attitude of corrupt-to-the-core organisations who make financial decisions and dress them up is "wokeness". Then there's the blind eye that is turned to white collar crime which effects hundreds/thousands of individuals. The guys could have taken it further had they had access to a bottomless pit of money, but in the end that made it easy for the IRFU.

For your own sanity you have to turn away and try get on with the rest of your life and not to be defined by a night when you ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm certainly not saying we'd all have done it because that's clearly not true but many professional sportsmen have and got away with it.

What was their real downfall was their naivety. The NI footie team were in the same venue and had the common sense to stay well clear. The magnets were applied but didn't stick, so failing that you just jump in a taxi with a load of people you have never met before but recognise one!

I have thought about what might have happened had things worked out differently. Maybe potential topics for debate. No doubting Ulster would have a more effective back line. Would we have actually won anything? PJ certainly would have had more caps as second fiddle to Janny. Might he even have got hacked off by now and gone to play elsewhere anyway?

Anyway he's probably ended up having a nicer time than being stuck in this pit and made more money so let's accentuate the positive.

Returning to a 6N theme I heard an interesting stat earlier. Did you realise that no team who lost their first match has ever gone on to win the Grand Slam? Makes ya think like!
Thank you Deraless. Some very helpful experience/insight related along with the well-made point about naivety - much appreciated. And the section on alternative/counter-factuals is thoughtful and I'd suggest probably not far off the 'truth' (so to speak). Tbh, if he hadn't played pro rugby, there's a 33% chance PJ would have ended up at an English/Scottish university anyway so the wider horizon/opportunity was always there. As for Ireland, it's hard to see Janny going quietly into the gentle night....
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rovi Snave wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:50 pm :banghead: Guys your being trolled - the name says it all - ignore him / her
Hence when I answered him early this morning, I quoted his name as "Godots bedpan's full of what bedpans were invented for wrote"

Seemed appropriate.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
I believe he is in a self imposed exile. He should have been made a moderator in my view. The forum is gone to the dogs.
Forum certainly not a patch on what it used to be, but much as I got on with Baggy (in real life as well as this virtual one), but this is Fermain's website, so why would he hand over significant control of it to Baggy? We are merely guests in here, and should respect whatever restrictions its legal owner puts in place for us - well, mostly anyway. >EW

If Baggy wants to be a mod, there's nothing to stop him setting up his own website with discussion forum.

Nothing apart from the lack of technical know-how of course. Image
Baggy, I think was offering his services to Fermain to offer a bit of muscle on the ground. To help Fermain really. A very kind offer I thought. The influx of idiots is an ever increasing issue. Fermain is a busy guy what with all these Russian hackers and all. Baggy would be the man fort the task. A solid guy in my experience.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:02 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Forum certainly not a patch on what it used to be, but much as I got on with Baggy (in real life as well as this virtual one), but this is Fermain's website, so why would he hand over significant control of it to Baggy? We are merely guests in here, and should respect whatever restrictions its legal owner puts in place for us - well, mostly anyway. >EW

If Baggy wants to be a mod, there's nothing to stop him setting up his own website with discussion forum.

Baggy, I think was offering his services to Fermain to offer a bit of muscle on the ground. To help Fermain really. A very kind offer I thought. The influx of idiots is an ever increasing issue. Fermain is a busy guy what with all these Russian hackers and all. Baggy would be the man fort the task. A solid guy in my experience.
So Baggy would be Paulie Walnuts to Fermains Tony Soprano?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:02 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

I know what the issue was and Baggy's proposal to sort it. His version would have been just selecting one inmate over all the other inmates in the asylum. Baggy wanted authority even to moderate the other mods, or to dispense with the other mods. Fermain has too much sense and values his website to allow that.

I love baggy to bits, but even I think it was a non-starter. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Exactly so.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Scotch and Whelsh trying to out sh1t each other.

We are a sh1tter. No, we are.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

How many false dawns is that now for the Jocks?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Ireland off to a flier - conceded in first couple of minutes.

Clearly the Ulster players' fault - must have held the tackle bags wrong mid week.
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Good of beagle to drive out with the ball.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Robert's never getting a start now
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:51 pm Good of beagle to drive out with the ball.
He stalled her
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Poor kick by Malone Rugby Club - Definitely Ulster at fault.
I'm not arguing -