6 nations 22

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: 6 nations 22

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:54 pm
Dave wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:51 pm Good of beagle to drive out with the ball.
He stalled her
I thought it was Wee D
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

StandUp wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:11 pm
WestDr wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:03 pm
StandUp wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:50 am Can anyone please enlighten me as to why or t e aren’t showing the Ireland match?
I would really prefer not to listen to the ridiculous drivel from the ITV pundits if possible.
https://www.the42.ie/which-channel-six- ... 3-Jan2022/
Thanks westie. 👏 hopefully O’Driscoll the gobshite, Waterman the empty vessel and Alphonsi the horrific bore are all otherwise engaged.
Watching it on Virgin 1. (Time to forgive them for previous personnel decisions). Quinny decent eniugh.

Maybe switchbyo itv for half-time analysis. Hard to believe Williams
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

STOP KICKING THE BALL AWAY!!!!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

BR wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:37 pm
StandUp wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:11 pm
WestDr wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:03 pm
StandUp wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:50 am Can anyone please enlighten me as to why or t e aren’t showing the Ireland match?
I would really prefer not to listen to the ridiculous drivel from the ITV pundits if possible.
https://www.the42.ie/which-channel-six- ... 3-Jan2022/
Thanks westie. 👏 hopefully O’Driscoll the gobshite, Waterman the empty vessel and Alphonsi the horrific bore are all otherwise engaged.
Watching it on Virgin 1. (Time to forgive them for previous personnel decisions). Quinny decent eniugh.

Maybe switchbyo itv for half-time analysis. Hard to believe Williams
Quinny usually a Ashton.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Playing against the best team in the world, away, with a ref usually hostile to Ireland, I thought not a bad performance.

First half France was simply awesome. Ryan was colossal. Joey, Keenan, Porter did well.

Big call not to go for the corner on 70 minutes. I thought that was a mistake.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dublin4 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:38 pm Playing against the best team in the world, away, with a ref usually hostile to Ireland, I thought not a bad performance.

First half France was simply awesome. Ryan was colossal. Joey, Keenan, Porter did well.

Big call not to go for the corner on 70 minutes. I thought that was a mistake.
Me too. Squandered a nice turnover from Hendie at the final restart.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Farrell will realise after that that you can't bring a knife to a gunfight. The pack was second best for most of the game and joey still has major questions to answer. But we've known for years he is not an international fly half.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I disagree. I think Joey did well on his debut as a starter in the 6N. Also, don't forget we got three tries to their two and got a bp in defeat. It is not over yet and now we know the mountain to climb to be competitive at the RWC next year. In terms of sheer class rugby, that was indeed an awesome game. Wales v Scotland was a complete load of ballix in contrast. They are down in the bargain basement.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Keenan is very solid. Does the basics very well. No xfactor. The same can be said for many of the Irish backs. A few moments of class from france but plenty of errors. This tastes like a quarter final defeat.

Too much kicking from both sides. Some patches of very good rugby but not enough. The high bomb is not my favourite. In fact I hate it. It's anti-rugby.

I can't see scotch or whales getting close to this frog team.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

I think the result was about right given the game we saw.
Frustrating number of turnovers to counter rucking; was that Whiskey Malone being too slow or the forwards but doing their job?

Ultimately too many mistakes at crucial times and why Keenan kicked at 79m30s I'll never understand.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I thought keenan was disappointing. Joey was fine IMO. I also hate all the box kicks, and high ball. Too much giving away of possession, and also a poor decison to go for 3 points, rather than a 5m lineout for the penalty with 8 mins to go, however the fact they messed up the previous 5m lineout may have had something to do with it. BUT BACK YERSELVES FFS!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

fermain wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:18 pm I thought keenan was disappointing. Joey was fine IMO. I also hate all the box kicks, and high ball. Too much giving away of possession, and also a poor decison to go for 3 points, rather than a 5m lineout for the penalty with 8 mins to go, however the fact they messed up the previous 5m lineout may have had something to do with it. BUT BACK YERSELVES FFS!
Keenan had a couple of nice moments that will save him.

As someone who regularly finds themselves screaming, "Take the 3 FFS!" at the tv, even I was baffled by that call.

Win a turnover, then panic and give the ball back.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Ireland also stood politely aside and let France form a caterpillar, after the french player had gone to ground fielding a kick.

Maybe if these guys were better funded, they could give up their day jobs and concentrate on knowing stuff about rugby.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Anyway, more importantly. I believe Hendy has these Toulose guys psyched out now.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

Can’t make up my mind- is James Ryan a powder puff Or marshmallow - either way Bierne and Henderson are by a country mile the best lock forwards in Ireland. Gatland got some good hing right!,,,,