URC 2021/22 - Other Sides

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: URC 2021/22 - Other Sides

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster may end up facing Eben Etzebeth next season, heading back to South Africa with the Sharks.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Streaker at Park y Empty with Connacht leading 29. 13. Hope it doesn't give anyone here ideas.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Neill_M wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:23 pm Ulster may end up facing Eben Etzebeth next season, heading back to South Africa with the Sharks.
Couldn’t we have pensioned off Carter and signed Eben? If we had the funds for Kitshoff…
Imagine a row of Henderson and Etsebeth, with Duane in behind. I’m getting priapic.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

StandUp wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:17 pm
Neill_M wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:23 pm Ulster may end up facing Eben Etzebeth next season, heading back to South Africa with the Sharks.
Couldn’t we have pensioned off Carter and signed Eben? If we had the funds for Kitshoff…
Imagine a row of Henderson and Etsebeth, with Duane in behind. I’m getting priapic.
Etzebeth has only made 1 appearance for Toulon this season, not much return for £800,000 / season.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Carter has made numerous appearances this season and has gone backwards in every single collision. Not much return for feck he’s getting.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

waggonsroll wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:58 pm Streaker at Park y Empty with Connacht leading 29. 13. Hope it doesn't give anyone here ideas.Image

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk
Who could you possibly be thinking of? :scratch: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Talking of côcks on the pitch. 6Ns twitter folk were showing an old clip of Scotland v France yesterday with the regulsytion côck releasrd onto the pitch durinng the game.
I always wondered about the logistics. Ok parc de prince you could undrstand, but did they bring it with them when traveling to Dublin, Edinburgh, or London or did they arrive at Heathrow on a rugby weekend and say, "Sorry lads, I'll catch you in the pub later. I'm just off to source a côck for tomorrow."

And was it alwaýs the same people, or was it somehow coordinated. From memory you never realy saw 2 côcks jn one match.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

The eternal unsolved mysteries BR. I wish I knew the answers to those. They ve puzzled me for years too. :scratch: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I suspect they must have had an expatrié to sort out the logistics. Some of those birds probably weren't even French!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:49 pm I suspect they must have had an expatrié to sort out the logistics. Some of those birds probably weren't even French!
Of course if the locally sourced bird had a grandmother who made a serious contribution to a coq au vin :shock: , then the bird could qualify to run around for France.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Leinster likely to lose Contepomi to the Pumas.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Only four points for an unimpressive Leinster tonight.

Not long now before we get to do the double over them.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

StandUp wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:26 am Carter has made numerous appearances this season and has gone backwards in every single collision. Not much return for feck he’s getting.
Carter has been a strange one, never exceptional in any single way, he is though a decent player in many aspects, just not someone I'd pay a fortune to keep and after a injury-hit first season, he's been decent but not much more.

It will be interesting to see the 2nd row options next season. Tredders, The Dublin Strangler, Cormac Izuchukwu and the occasional sighting of Hendy, then the big cub from Limerick/Nevers but what of Carter, Strangler's brother Dave and Mick Kearney? I assume they will be gone.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:25 am Only four points for an unimpressive Leinster tonight.

Not long now before we get to do the double over them.

Has there ever been a more overly hyped pair of Paddybast@rds as the Byrne bros? Neither fit to sniff Wee Paddy's jockstrap.

FIRFUCs #bringthem home #never forget
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:47 am
StandUp wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:26 am Carter has made numerous appearances this season and has gone backwards in every single collision. Not much return for feck he’s getting.
Carter has been a strange one, never exceptional in any single way, he is though a decent player in many aspects, just not someone I'd pay a fortune to keep and after a injury-hit first season, he's been decent but not much more.

It will be interesting to see the 2nd row options next season. Tredders, The Dublin Strangler, Cormac Izuchukwu and the occasional sighting of Hendy, then the big cub from Limerick/Nevers but what of Carter, Strangler's brother Dave and Mick Kearney? I assume they will be gone.
I thought the little strangler (is that a stranglette?) was already gone, but maybe just on a loan to Ealing.
Mick Kearney has been a decent player for the (assumed) relatively low cost. Decent squad player.
Leinster have pulled another peach out of the bag in their new second row Joe McCarthy. Played brilliantly last night against the saffer Lions.