TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by justinr73 »

Columbo wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:00 pm Yes seems they’re expecting a big number of players cut in Leinster - Deegan, Dooley, Abdaladze, Adam Byrne mentioned, as well as Ross Byrne linked to France.

Pretty crazy that Deegan could go, I mean but for a few bad breaks and injuries, he would be with the Ireland squad - he’s an international back row, and a cut above any other of our options at 6/8 imo (excepting Vermeulen). I’d imagine Nucofora would be keen to keep him in Ireland, if this is true, and we are the obvious choice - a year crossover with Vermeulen, and he’s only 25. He’d be an brilliant signing
Abdaladze has signed up again.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:06 pm Deegan would be a perfect fit. Always injured. Perfect. Fit.
Sure we could do the Deegan & Leavy double, sure you'd get at least 6 games a year from them. Question is, are either of them worth the gamble, two very fine players. At worst it would give poor Will Addison, Luke, Nordi & Hendy company in rehab.

Speaking of Hendy, great news about him being out with Covid, at least the Bogmen can't wreck him this weekend.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Every cloud...
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Deegan renewed at Leinster.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

TF
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Can the provinces compete with each other on salary i.e. if Deegan was expected to be a starter for one province and depth at another, surely it makes sense that the one who would start him could offer him more?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Lurgan Lad wrote:Can the provinces compete with each other on salary i.e. if Deegan was expected to be a starter for one province and depth at another, surely it makes sense that the one who would start him could offer him more?
In a word ….. no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

kingofthehill wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:03 pm
Lurgan Lad wrote:Can the provinces compete with each other on salary i.e. if Deegan was expected to be a starter for one province and depth at another, surely it makes sense that the one who would start him could offer him more?
In a word ….. no.

Thanks King, the dark recesses of my brain seemed to remember that, doesn't sound fair on the player though.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:47 pm
In a word ….. no.

Thanks King, the dark recesses of my brain seemed to remember that, doesn't sound fair on the player though.
In a way I agree with you that it's unfair.

On the other hand if said player had any ambition you'd think he'd take first tream rugby on the same money to being a bit part player elsewhere.

My question on Deegan. Would he get anymore game time at Ulster?
He's behind Vermuelen and Timoney for me at No.8, throw in Murphy, Rea Jnr and McCann to that back row and it's very competitive. Factor in the young lad Refell joins us next season from Saracens. Deegan would be in the mix but not nailed on. Gutted Reidy isn't getting game time, understand the reasons why as we're developing for the future.

We've also two young lads starting and playing their hearts out in the Ireland U20 back row, one with fantastic leadership skills.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:39 pm
In a word ….. no.

On the other hand if said player had any ambition you'd think he'd take first tream rugby on the same money to being a bit part player elsewhere.

He's behind Vermuelen and Timoney for me at No.8, throw in Murphy, Rea Jnr and McCann to that back row and it's very competitive. Factor in the young lad Refell joins us next season from Saracens. Deegan would be in the mix but not nailed on. Gutted Reidy isn't getting game time, understand the reasons why as we're developing for the future.

We've also two young lads starting and playing their hearts out in the Ireland U20 back row, one with fantastic leadership skills.
Much agreed 9. I don’t think Deegan is any better than Timoney, who imo is putting pressure on Vermuelen for the 8 spot.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:39 pm
In a word ….. no.

Totally get what you are saying. It feels a bit like a monopoly for Irish players that want to stay in Ireland though, a young ambitious player gets an offer from their province and that's it, you ain't getting a better offer from anywhere else in Ireland regardless of your potential value to the other province.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

So I read that Vermuelen's family have gone back to SA due to "logistical" issues. If that remains the case I would doubt he will be here for the duration of his contract.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

mea97mb wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:21 pm So I read that Vermuelen's family have gone back to SA due to "logistical" issues. If that remains the case I would doubt he will be here for the duration of his contract.
Afoa mk2 fs.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

mea97mb wrote:So I read that Vermuelen's family have gone back to SA due to "logistical" issues. If that remains the case I would doubt he will be here for the duration of his contract.
Vermuelan’s family went back a week ago. Duane going back after Leinster match and then meeting up with rest of team in South Africa.

No big deal, they will all return after the SA games.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Good to hear.