6 nations 22

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: 6 nations 22

Post by rumncoke »

Henderson has played very little rugby since coming back from the Lyons and has also had Covid during the 6 nations so to honest I'm not surprised at him only being on the bench against the English and PoM starting . The English will be physical for the first 55 minutes in the hope to tire the Irish forwards especially the back row , with Lawes as Captain it is a guaranteed approach an approached to be countered with a like minded hot head in PoM.

I expect the Irish to play to the front 5 rather than run the ball using the back row to secure the recycle and attempt to keep Sexton as a kicker in a pocket only problem if he is kicking the box kicks the Wings have further to run to challenge the catcher and the wall in front of the catcher has more time to form and inhibit the challenge.

The game in my opinion is going to be a penalty strewn borefest of a game with very little back play of any worth
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

A bit less grunt in the Engerlish pack now :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Good to see Jonny Englishman respecting the kicker
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Another waste of time as a match.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tackle low or don't play.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

WestDr wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:54 pm Another waste of time as a match.
It's England. I'd be quite happy if they were down to 10
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Red card my hole.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

The Twickers crowd are jolly sporting.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Hendie looking good so far
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:Red card my hole.
What did your hole do?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Far worse than Ewels did.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Dave wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:56 pm Tackle low or don't play.
Agreed when you've 10 yards between you and the guy with the ball running towards you. When he's 2 foot away, leaning towards you and moving, then you try and get down to below his waist. That's an unfortunate head-on-head collision - and the question Raynal asked around 'was that a rugby incident or not' showed a little of what he thought.... There will be 5 more of those in this game alone, and not one more will get a sanction.

Btw, anyone see the Chris Farrell 'high tackle' in the Bulls match (about 55min) ? Farrell runs 10 yards or more towards the Bulls ?12? with the ball, drops his shoulder, leads with it dipping into the Bulls players shoulder/neck, who is both largely stationary and trying to wrap his arms. But Farrell smacks him right in the neck/shoulder, suffers the inevitable 'car hits brick wall' effect and his head goes back. And once again a TMO inquiry with 'the player making the tackle has the responsibilty to make it safe'. No matter what danger the player with the ball is creating ! I'd have carded Farrell for the dangerous play myself. Fortunately, even Ben Whitehouse, who spent the second half reffing Munster back into the match, only said it was a penalty.

B DuP one was a straight-up red card, but what was the Munster player who he up-ended actually trying to do ?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

WestDr wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:56 pm Tackle low or don't play.
Agreed when you've 10 yards between you and the guy with the ball running towards you. When he's 2 foot away, leaning towards you and moving, then you try and get down to below his waist. That's an unfortunate head-on-head collision - and the question Raynal asked around 'was that a rugby incident or not' showed a little of what he thought.... There will be 5 more of those in this game alone, and not one more will get a sanction.

Btw, anyone see the Chris Farrell 'high tackle' in the Bulls match (about 55min) ? Farrell runs 10 yards or more towards the Bulls ?12? with the ball, drops his shoulder, leads with it dipping into the Bulls players shoulder/neck, who is both largely stationary and trying to wrap his arms. But Farrell smacks him right in the neck/shoulder, suffers the inevitable 'car hits brick wall' effect and his head goes back. And once again a TMO inquiry with 'the player making the tackle has the responsibilty to make it safe'. No matter what danger the player with the ball is creating ! I'd have carded Farrell for the dangerous play myself. Fortunately, even Ben Whitehouse, who spent the second half reffing Munster back into the match, only said it was a penalty.

B DuP one was a straight-up red card, but what was the Munster player who he up-ended actually trying to do ?
Fair with this incident but I'm sick of seeing players going too high every week or turning the shoulder.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lowry would be cutting up here.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Dave wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:22 pm Fair with this incident but I'm sick of seeing players going too high every week or turning the shoulder.
100% concur with that around going too high - but I'd maintain that's relatively simple to spot. Along with the deliberate 'I'm going to hurt this player' one (cf Dave Kearney). BduP's red card today I'd put in the 'don't do that, young man' category.

It's the difficulty occasioned by players twisting & turning to 'change the point of contact' etc that makes it so hard to determine where there is 'intent for foul play' and a genuine failure to be very good. What can look like turning the shoulder can be 's**t, he's turned me inside out'...and what was going to be an ok tackle now, due to the very limited amount of time to adjust (usually none), becomes a bad one. It's the interruption of the TMO - and how it's so dependent on which TMO you get - that makes it so infuriating.

Tonight with Frank Murhpy and Olly Hodges, it'll be stop-start and lots of reviews. Might not have been over-impressed with Hollie Davidson's decision but she both stood-up to her TMO and only asked for their opinion when she wanted it, not when they wanted to provide it. Not seen and not heard is my ideal TMO.