Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2 TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Think I'm more tired than the players.

What a match.

I'd have bitten yer hand off for a 6 point deficit, let alone a 6 point lead.

Toulouse not out of this yet though. Shame about their last try.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Re: Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Flip me my heart rate at the end there. Even with a 13 point lead with 30 seconds to go I was still not comfortable. Some win to get there in the end. Andy Warwick was immense off the bench. Job half done, 6 point lead is an excellent result going into the second leg, but Toulouse are so dangerous and we should be taking nothing for granted. Roll on next week
Leargas
Novice

Post by Leargas »

Well done, our Northern brethren.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Leargas wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:21 pm Well done, our Northern brethren.
Not sure BOD agreed.

Tommy was c0ck-a-hoop, but BOD a little subdued. :lol: :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Will take the 1st leg score. Played well 2nd half. They have 10 grand slam winners from a couple of weeks ago and are one of the very best teams in Europe.
Lucky not too many scrums but we did OK there. Line-out was a real concern. Herring's throws seemed OK. Question Henderson more as line-out caller.

Baloucoune was outstanding in defence as well as his tries. A real motm performance
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Can't believe bt just cut the feed. I wanted to here Dan and Ballybeen
Dura lex sed lex
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

We'll hammer them next week.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Obviously would have been delighted with that result before the match, but was a bit frustrated by us constantly kicking the ball away in the last 15-20 minutes. In my head, at that time the mindset should have been 'they're tired, we've 15 minutes left until they're back to 15 players, let's try and put this to bed' but instead it seemed like we were trying to protect the lead and 'win' the first leg. From where we are now we'll likely favourites for next week, but with a bit more accuracy this tie could have been over, hopefully it doesn't end up costing us.
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

I would start doak next week.
Dura lex sed lex
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:12 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote:Will Toulouse even field next week?
I would have bitten your kids hand off for a 6 point lead going into next week.
Need more kids, currently have ran out of kids with hands
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:47 pm We'll hammer them next week.
8pm Saturday night kick off, the throats will be well lubricated by then for a noisy Ravenhill.

Let's hope it's hostile without a few morons ruining it!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:50 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:47 pm We'll hammer them next week.
8pm Saturday night kick off, the throats will be well lubricated by then for a noisy Ravenhill.

Let's hope it's hostile without a few morons ruining it!
Shane Logan won't be there lol!
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

I'm so impressed with the defence Ulster show at the moment.
That match would have slipped away from us a couple of years ago.
We will miss our defence coach next year. I hope Bell is up to the job.
A mention for Baloucoune - a secret weapon. Again his defence is top notch. Shirley an International starter a some point.
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Cooney was slow, predictable and missed 2 kicks I think. I could be wrong, beer has been taken. But Doak wants it more. And be honest Cooney time is over
Dura lex sed lex