Ulster v Toulouse Sat Apr 16 8pm KO BT Sport 2

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

allanddd
Novice

Re: Ulster v Toulouse Sat Apr 16 8pm KO BT Sport 2

Post by allanddd »

2 memorial stand tickets row C for sale £35each
Let me know .
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Bookies giving Toulouse as favourites with a 2 point margin. I'd rather we win but if they beat us by 2 points I could live with that!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

CHAMPIONS CUP - ANOTHER BLOW FOR THE STADE TOULOUSE: TWO DAYS BEFORE HIS EIGHTH CHAMPIONS CUP FINAL RETURN TO ULSTER, THE REIGNING EUROPEAN CHAMPION HAS RECORDED THE PACKAGES OF HIS LEFT PILLAR CYRIL BAILLE AND HIS THIRD LINE FRANÇOIS CROS. THE FIRST HAD BEEN SPARED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE WEEK WHILE THE SECOND HAD STOPPED HIS TRAINING ON TUESDAY.

They were uncertain because of muscle problems until then but the two French internationals did not make the trip to Belfast on Thursday afternoon.

Three-quarter center or opener Zack Holmes also had to give up, victim of a concussion in training on Thursday morning. Absences that are added to those of Julien Marchand, Alban Placines, Juan Cruz Mallia, Sofiane Guitoune, Santiago Chocobares or Arthur Bonneval.

On the other hand, if he had been preserved Tuesday due to stomach aches, the scrum half Antoine Dupont is well on the trip.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dupont was literally sh1tting himself.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

:puker: :lol:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Mrs MAQuitty had only one -----
to feed the wee b-gger on
The dirty wee ====er
chewed off the other
And now she has none at all

claimed she could lift him with one hand
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

1 x West Terrace Ticket for sale, anyone interested?
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Neill_M wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:16 pm CHAMPIONS CUP - ANOTHER BLOW FOR THE STADE TOULOUSE: TWO DAYS BEFORE HIS EIGHTH CHAMPIONS CUP FINAL RETURN TO ULSTER, THE REIGNING EUROPEAN CHAMPION HAS RECORDED THE PACKAGES OF HIS LEFT PILLAR CYRIL BAILLE AND HIS THIRD LINE FRANÇOIS CROS. THE FIRST HAD BEEN SPARED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE WEEK WHILE THE SECOND HAD STOPPED HIS TRAINING ON TUESDAY.

They were uncertain because of muscle problems until then but the two French internationals did not make the trip to Belfast on Thursday afternoon.

Three-quarter center or opener Zack Holmes also had to give up, victim of a concussion in training on Thursday morning. Absences that are added to those of Julien Marchand, Alban Placines, Juan Cruz Mallia, Sofiane Guitoune, Santiago Chocobares or Arthur Bonneval.

On the other hand, if he had been preserved Tuesday due to stomach aches, the scrum half Antoine Dupont is well on the trip.
Unusually, it’s their bench that’s been decimated.

Just watching the game back now.

I’ve still not recovered from the match and I wasn’t playing with a man down.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Brucey bonus:
Any losses to the pack/pack reserves is a bonus. The last thing UR want is big Toulouse forwards off the bench. Hopefully means less fresh pressure at scrum and breakdown late on. Hopefully we keep that pack moving around and fatiguing them early. Please please please let’s not stop playing and start box kicks to them late on inviting pressure. If we revert to kicking let’s at least kick to corners for territory & test their lineout to burn time and look to pin them.

Weather for the match?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dharper wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:17 am Brucey bonus:
Any losses to the pack/pack reserves is a bonus. The last thing UR want is big Toulouse forwards off the bench. Hopefully means less fresh pressure at scrum and breakdown late on. Hopefully we keep that pack moving around and fatiguing them early. Please please please let’s not stop playing and start box kicks to them late on inviting pressure. If we revert to kicking let’s at least kick to corners for territory & test their lineout to burn time and look to pin them.

Weather for the match?
11 degrees and cloudy, 1% chance of rain. 12 mph wind.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Neill_M wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:16 pm CHAMPIONS CUP - ANOTHER BLOW FOR THE STADE TOULOUSE: TWO DAYS BEFORE HIS EIGHTH CHAMPIONS CUP FINAL RETURN TO ULSTER, THE REIGNING EUROPEAN CHAMPION HAS RECORDED THE PACKAGES OF HIS LEFT PILLAR CYRIL BAILLE AND HIS THIRD LINE FRANÇOIS CROS. THE FIRST HAD BEEN SPARED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE WEEK WHILE THE SECOND HAD STOPPED HIS TRAINING ON TUESDAY.

So if the above is accurate, they have lost nos 8, 13, 14, 17, 21 & 23 from last week's 23. 3 backs, 1 LHP and two backrows.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:28 am
Dharper wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:17 am Brucey bonus:

Weather for the match?
11 degrees and cloudy, 1% chance of rain. 12 mph wind.
Less wind than that, I would suggest. Light breeze only in my book. Looking to be a bit more southerly than usual (more from the terrace than the Aquinas end). Wouldn't rule out a touch of rain completely.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster team to play Toulouse, Heineken Champions Cup Round of 16 Second Leg, Saturday 16 April at Kingspan Stadium, 8pm kick-off, live on BT Sport, beIN Sports, and Sky Italia:

(15-9) Mike Lowry, Rob Baloucoune, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Ethan McIlroy, Billy Burns, John Cooney;

(1-8) Andrew Warwick, Rob Herring, Marty Moore, Alan O’Connor, Iain Henderson (Capt.), Marcus Rea, Nick Timoney, Duane Vermeulen.

Replacements: Brad Roberts, Eric O’Sullivan, Tom O’Toole, Kieran Treadwell, Jordi Murphy, Nathan Doak, Luke Marshall, Rob Lyttle.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Happy with that selection. Weakness at hooker, but hopefully we can live with it.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Could we see a brennan on the bench???