Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

allezlesverres
Initiate

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by allezlesverres »

Looks like no henderson, no Marty (both head injuries), and no TOT (inevitable ban coming). Not the best start now that this is a must win game (ideally with a BP). There's no word on Burns yet but hopefully we will at least get him back so we can put Lowry back to his better (albeit perhaps not his preferred) position of 15. If we have to start a second choice outhalf behind a second string pack again, we will have no chance whatsoever in this game.
flatpass
Novice

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by flatpass »

Henderson had a family bereavement last week with the funeral on Friday morning. Think his non-appearance in the 2nd half against Munster was linked to that rather than injury.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

volvo wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:33 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:13 pm
Big-al wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:52 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:54 pm On course to be Edinburghs 1st sell out at their new stadium.
Hopefully some Ulster folk over there to bolster the crowd.

Ulster need a BP win in each of the next 2 matches and hope stormers slip up, if they get 2nd place again.

Will Tom otoole be banned for his match, any word yet?
Few Ulster students kicking about also, may be enroute.

O'Toole disciplinary was postponed with no indication of until when. With Moore going off last week could be a tough day at the office for Gazza and Candy Kane. Edinburgh have a serious front row.

Will Burns be fit, or will we continue with Lowry? Madigan in the mix.

It's a match for the tighten up syrup!

Qualification for the European Cup now also a factor and is very much at stake. The top side in each of the four regional shields from the United Rugby Championship (one Irish, one Welsh, one South African and one either Scottish or Italian), along with the remaining top four ranked clubs regardless of nation, within the league, that didn't win their respective shield qualify.
If my thinking is correct we need a top 7 finish as a Welsh team (currently not in top eight) will take up the 8th qualification spot.
Hammertime do the lost revenue sums on that scenario!
Hi 9 agree with you re Edinburgh front row but also believe that two of Edinburgh first choice front row are out with injuries and unavailable
They’ve lost two Saffer props, leaving them two more, two Kiwis and a Fijian. Oh and a Scotsman I think.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

flatpass wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:43 am Henderson had a family bereavement last week with the funeral on Friday morning. Think his non-appearance in the 2nd half against Munster was linked to that rather than injury.
I'd understood that too, but the42 and other outlets are reporting he failed an HIA against Munster and is in the RTP protocol.
flatpass
Novice

Post by flatpass »

allezlesverres wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:18 pm
flatpass wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:43 am Henderson had a family bereavement last week with the funeral on Friday morning. Think his non-appearance in the 2nd half against Munster was linked to that rather than injury.
I'd understood that too, but the42 and other outlets are reporting he failed an HIA against Munster and is in the RTP protocol.
Thanks allezlesverres. Hadn’t seen that. Not great news.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

2 game ban for Tom O'Toole after red card v Toulouse, assuming he goes to tackle school. Will miss game on Saturday, but should be available for the Sharks.

Citing Commissioner Warning – Michael Lowry (Ulster Rugby) - Rap on the knuckles for Lowry.

Ulster Rugby’s Michael Lowry has been issued with a Citing Commissioner Warning following his club’s Heineken Champions Cup, Round of 16 2nd leg match against Stade Toulousain at the Kingspan Stadium. The warning issued to Lowry was for making contact with the Stade Toulousain full back, Thomas Ramos, in the air in a dangerous manner in the 60th minute of the match in contravention of Law 9.17.

The match Citing Commissioner was Danae Zamboulis (Greece).

Players who accumulate three Citing Commissioner Warnings, or who are shown three yellow cards for Foul Play offences, or a combination of both, during the pool stages and knockout stages of the Heineken Champions Cup and the EPCR Challenge Cup, will be required to attend a Disciplinary Hearing.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

That's a joke. Both players in the air with eyes on the ball.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Nathan’s fault.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

When's the team announced?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:Nathan’s fault.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:16 am
Now I’m curious as to what the image was. :D
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:16 am
Now I’m curious as to what the image was. :D
It was an emoji telling you to keep hush. Don't go mentioning names that must not be uttered!
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

I'm pretty sure that the winner of this game qualifies for Europe next year, and the loser is at risk of not qualifying so there's a lot to play for for both us and Embra.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Burns and Doak start. No Madigan. I wonder what crime Mads has committed? Lowry resumes at 15.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Looks like it's a must win game tomorrow on what is officially DAY 5579, Lest We Forget.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh