Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by justinr73 »

Yes!!
RavenSpan
Novice

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster Saturday April 30th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by RavenSpan »

Tactics are very questionable. A few times this year we have gotten ahead and stoped playing at 60mins. We just kick it away for the last 20mins. That’s got to be coming from management.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Embra will quite rightly feel aggrieved about that. Too much inaccuracy.
A good team would have bate Ulster out the gate and back in again.
At least we can save some money by not having to buy any Brasso this year. 🙄
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Had no right to win that, but puts us in a decent position for the play-off which over the season we probably deserve. That said, you have to acknowledge the commitment to the defence towards the death there. Hopefully we can start to find a bit of form again for the playoffs.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

That's next season's Heineken Cup berth secured at any rate.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

You’re right, Mighty. Some very dogged defence, but they shouldn’t have been in that position.
I know the wind was blowing but the tactics were the same old sh1te.
We won’t win anything playing like this.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:39 pm Had no right to win that, but puts us in a decent position for the play-off which over the season we probably deserve. That said, you have to acknowledge the commitment to the defence towards the death there. Hopefully we can start to find a bit of form again for the playoffs.
Understand what you mean, but we gave ourselves the right to win that earlier in the match, and by defence at the end.

It was a match Embra should have had no right to win.

Gotta say, I did not enjoy that. It was a match that could have swung on a referee's decision, and there were a few dubious ones - albeit my glasses may have a ruby (or saffron) tint to them tonight.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Champions Cup assured which was actually the key objective tonight.

First team to beat them at their new ground.

Good stuff.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:43 pm That's next season's Heineken Cup berth secured at any rate.
For another season of glorious nearly there, but not quite!.
I'm not arguing -
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:47 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:43 pm That's next season's Heineken Cup berth secured at any rate.
If we’re lucky.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Really starting to worry what we'll do if anything happens to Rob Herring. He's playing nearly every minute of the last lot of games as if there's no trust in whever is 16 that day.

Fair enough, there's 3 weeks R&R now, but it's worrying if he gets injured or suspended.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

StandUp wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:50 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:47 pm
If we’re lucky.
Which of course will be bad luck, but hey, you take whatever luck you get. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:51 pm Really starting to worry what we'll do if anything happens to Rob Herring. He's playing nearly every minute of the last lot of games as if there's no trust in whever is 16 that day.

Fair enough, there's 3 weeks R&R now, but it's worrying if he gets injured or suspended.
Very good point. He has been incredible.
Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye »

Ulster should take a good look at the Edinburgh try - heads up rugby and play what’s in front of you instead of sticking to a game plan.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:51 pm Really starting to worry what we'll do if anything happens to Rob Herring. He's playing nearly every minute of the last lot of games as if there's no trust in whever is 16 that day.

Tom Stewart is better than Roberts, decent lineout thrower and can carry well.

Burns and Cooney were pure muck.