Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 7080
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Neill_M »

https://www.translink.co.uk/industrialaction

As things stand, no buses running between Tuesday 17th - Monday 23rd May, something to factor in for travelling to/from the game.

Translink is disappointed to learn that Unite and GMB Bus Driver Trade Unions voted to take unprecedented industrial action from Tuesday 17th May to Monday 23rd May. Following extensive negotiations, we made a further substantial offer for 2021, including an enhanced package of conditions, that we believe is fair and reasonable.

At this stage, having exhausted all options, we are taking the difficult decisions in preparing for the impact of the strike action. However, we do remain committed to working with the unions to avert this action.

We have reached out and would welcome the opportunity to engage with unions to cover school duties, so that the wellbeing of schoolchildren can remain a priority, particularly as many enter the exam period. We are currently awaiting an update on this from our unions.

All train services will continue to operate as normal.

We will communicate updated information through our usual channels.

Translink apologise for any inconvenience this action may cause.
Last edited by Neill_M on Fri May 13, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 13310
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:18 am https://www.translink.co.uk/industrialaction

As things stand, no buses running between Tuesday 17th - Monday 23rd May, something to factor in for travelling to/from the game.
Surely none of the worthy denizens of this esteemed bailiwick would avail themselves of a public omnibus? :shock:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22171
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Dave »

That include the park n ride from Pirrie Park?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
WestDr
Novice
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by WestDr »

Dave wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:35 pm That include the park n ride from Pirrie Park?
Unless UR hire replacements from Belfast Bus, I would think it does, and also scuppers the Montgomery Road P&R too. But that's not an insurmountable walk.

You may already be aware of this, but most of the time we used Pirrie Park P&R, we'd aim to go way down to the left, beyond the two rugby pitches and park on the slope behind the small stand. There's a pedestrian gate there that takes you onto the end of Haddington Avenue and from there it's a short 5-10 minute walk down Shelbourne Road and then right to the Onslow Parade gates. In fact, on a nice warm evening, it's usually faster than the bus.... which follows the same route down Shelbourne Road. That's got to be a shorter walk than trying to find somewhere between the Ravenhill and Ormeau Roads, which always seem to be fully parked up anyway. Oh yes, the Haddington Road gate is open after the match too for about an hour (as it probably gets locked when the last vehicle has left Pirrie Park, although don't quote me on that...).
User avatar
solidarity
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2923
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:49 pm
Neill_M wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:18 am https://www.translink.co.uk/industrialaction

As things stand, no buses running between Tuesday 17th - Monday 23rd May, something to factor in for travelling to/from the game.
Surely none of the worthy denizens of this esteemed bailiwick would avail themselves of a public omnibus? :shock:
Having hit the age at which free Translink travel kicks in, I have no hesitation at all in using this mode of transport, even though it means mixing with hoi polloi. Some compromises are worth making.
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 13310
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:32 pm
big mervyn wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:49 pm
Neill_M wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:18 am https://www.translink.co.uk/industrialaction

As things stand, no buses running between Tuesday 17th - Monday 23rd May, something to factor in for travelling to/from the game.
Surely none of the worthy denizens of this esteemed bailiwick would avail themselves of a public omnibus? :shock:
Having hit the age at which free Translink travel kicks in, I have no hesitation at all in using this mode of transport, even though it means mixing with hoi polloi. Some compromises are worth making.
I have a year or so to go. Pity you have to wait another 5 for free cross-border public transport. That is attractive.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22171
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Dave »

WestDr wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:35 pm That include the park n ride from Pirrie Park?
Unless UR hire replacements from Belfast Bus, I would think it does, and also scuppers the Montgomery Road P&R too. But that's not an insurmountable walk.

You may already be aware of this, but most of the time we used Pirrie Park P&R, we'd aim to go way down to the left, beyond the two rugby pitches and park on the slope behind the small stand. There's a pedestrian gate there that takes you onto the end of Haddington Avenue and from there it's a short 5-10 minute walk down Shelbourne Road and then right to the Onslow Parade gates. In fact, on a nice warm evening, it's usually faster than the bus.... which follows the same route down Shelbourne Road. That's got to be a shorter walk than trying to find somewhere between the Ravenhill and Ormeau Roads, which always seem to be fully parked up anyway. Oh yes, the Haddington Road gate is open after the match too for about an hour (as it probably gets locked when the last vehicle has left Pirrie Park, although don't quote me on that...).
I'm always on the first bus back.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 13310
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:09 pm
WestDr wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:35 pm That include the park n ride from Pirrie Park?
Unless UR hire replacements from Belfast Bus, I would think it does, and also scuppers the Montgomery Road P&R too. But that's not an insurmountable walk.

You may already be aware of this, but most of the time we used Pirrie Park P&R, we'd aim to go way down to the left, beyond the two rugby pitches and park on the slope behind the small stand. There's a pedestrian gate there that takes you onto the end of Haddington Avenue and from there it's a short 5-10 minute walk down Shelbourne Road and then right to the Onslow Parade gates. In fact, on a nice warm evening, it's usually faster than the bus.... which follows the same route down Shelbourne Road. That's got to be a shorter walk than trying to find somewhere between the Ravenhill and Ormeau Roads, which always seem to be fully parked up anyway. Oh yes, the Haddington Road gate is open after the match too for about an hour (as it probably gets locked when the last vehicle has left Pirrie Park, although don't quote me on that...).
I'm always on the first bus back.
Part-time supporter.

Disappointed Dave. Thought you'd spend at least half an hour after the final whistle waiting to get Sam Carter's autograph >ESAD
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3883
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by justinr73 »

Shame to miss the live music as well.
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22171
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Dave »


big mervyn wrote: Part-time supporter.

Disappointed Dave. Thought you'd spend at least half an hour after the final whistle waiting to get Sam Carter's autograph >ESAD
Before Slo-kunt built the new ground with his bare hands, only a rope separated you from the players going into the changing rooms. I used to hang around chat to the players find out their bin days etc. I'm more like Clive these days, watching on the box. The pizza tastes better at home.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22171
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:Shame to miss the live music as well.
I prefer my musicians dead.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 14774
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:07 pm
solidarity wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:32 pm
big mervyn wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:49 pm
Neill_M wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:18 am https://www.translink.co.uk/industrialaction

As things stand, no buses running between Tuesday 17th - Monday 23rd May, something to factor in for travelling to/from the game.
Surely none of the worthy denizens of this esteemed bailiwick would avail themselves of a public omnibus? :shock:
Having hit the age at which free Translink travel kicks in, I have no hesitation at all in using this mode of transport, even though it means mixing with hoi polloi. Some compromises are worth making.
I have a year or so to go. Pity you have to wait another 5 for free cross-border public transport. That is attractive.
Have had my free bus pass for 3 years now, but never used it.
The good news to come from the pandemic is that I have got fitter.
The bad news is that my spelling has got wurse.
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22171
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Dave »


Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Have had my free bus pass for 3 years now, but never used it.
So you just keep paying the bus fair?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17986
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by BR »

Just the bus drivers?

The Gliders will still run then, because as we have been told many times, they aren't just bendy busses.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 14774
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:35 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Have had my free bus pass for 3 years now, but never used it.
So you just keep paying the bus fair?
just haven't been on a bus in years
The good news to come from the pandemic is that I have got fitter.
The bad news is that my spelling has got wurse.
Post Reply