Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jacothelad
Novice

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by jacothelad »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:42 pm
StandUp wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:23 pm Sharks replacements were very impressive. Ulster replacements need to get a grip of themselves.
and get a grip of opposition's Kok and give it a good battering.
It would have been good to see Kok skinned on the outside..... :cheers:
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Setanta »

Any chance of us playing the QF on the Saturday like a normal team?
All QFs on the 3rd June.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bobbievee wrote:To be fair, small hairy aggressive and highly volatile Kok was the most effusive shark in his post match congrats to Ulster players. Fair play.

Pity about young Mike. A very brave try saving tackle. If true, at least he will have the summer to recover.

A fantastic performance from the forwards, front 5 and back row , against top class opponents
>appl >appl

And please please get the ball into Balacounes hands more often. He is genuinely world class and game changing............. Given the opportunity.I

PS
And could we not persuade Rory B to sign on again just for the last 5 minutes of each game to introduce a bit of calm and game management. ( so long as there were no critical throw ins!!)
Agreed.

*Baloucoune
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Setanta wrote:
All QFs on the 3rd June.
Where u read that? The URC app has them all at 4pm on the Friday but this is just a placeholder. I'd imagine for TV purposes they'd want the 4 games split over the weekend. Be happy enough if ulster game on the Saturday, the club season is over so nothing to clash with.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Seeing lots of comments about the state of the pitch. Didn't notice the lines issue myself but had thought the grass was a bit longer than normal. Did they let it grow to help recover after 2 games last Saturday or have the ground staff taken a break? Maybe it was a master plan to tire out the sharks ( seemed to help. They were cramping up all the place).

Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

DMcF seems pretty annoyed at everybody for these closing stage "collapses. ......but does he not contribute in part with what seem unnecessary 65/70/75 minute substitutions?
Surely ( unless carrying an injury) player welfare is not going to be substantially changed by playing 70 or 80, and it introduced an unnecessary risk, especially in organised defence.
Examples last night ; Hume ( who didn't look pleased) and DV.

Why? Is this related to the in game performance technology and stats monitoring?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Bobbievee wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:20 am DMcF seems pretty annoyed at everybody for these closing stage "collapses. ......but does he not contribute in part with what seem unnecessary 65/70/75 minute substitutions?
Surely ( unless carrying an injury) player welfare is not going to be substantially changed by playing 70 or 80, and it introduced an unnecessary risk, especially in organised defence.

Why? Is this related to the in game performance technology and stats monitoring?
When DV is being replaced by Matty Rea I expect/fear the worst
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

The criticism shouldn't be that changes were made but that they weren't of the quality we needed. With a 17 point lead we should be able to trust a bench to see out the game. The sharks bench made a difference and we should be glad they didn't make the changes earlier than they did.
The sharks have the players but look poorly coached, the half backs were poor and should have been hooked much earlier.

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:44 am
Bobbievee wrote:To be fair, small hairy aggressive and highly volatile Kok was the most effusive shark in his post match congrats to Ulster players. Fair play.

Pity about young Mike. A very brave try saving tackle. If true, at least he will have the summer to recover.

A fantastic performance from the forwards, front 5 and back row , against top class opponents
>appl >appl

And please please get the ball into Balacounes hands more often. He is genuinely world class and game changing............. Given the opportunity.I

PS
And could we not persuade Rory B to sign on again just for the last 5 minutes of each game to introduce a bit of calm and game management. ( so long as there were no critical throw ins!!)
Agreed.

*Baloucoune
Well said Daiv >appl
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:46 am
Setanta wrote:
All QFs on the 3rd June.
Where u read that? The URC app has them all at 4pm on the Friday but this is just a placeholder. I'd imagine for TV purposes they'd want the 4 games split over the weekend. Be happy enough if ulster game on the Saturday, the club season is over so nothing to clash with.

Deffo the weekend of 3-5 June.
flatpass
Novice

Post by flatpass »

Bobbievee wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:20 am DMcF seems pretty annoyed at everybody for these closing stage "collapses. ......but does he not contribute in part with what seem unnecessary 65/70/75 minute substitutions?

Was Hume not subbed after picking up another knock?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:14 am
jean valjean wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:46 am
Setanta wrote:
All QFs on the 3rd June.

Deffo the weekend of 3-5 June.
Very good chance of a Friday evening for us I'd have thought.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I don’t see any compelling reason why we should have a greater chance of a Friday game than the other three hosts.

Hopefully someone like Petrie has Damien Dempsey tickets too.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:47 am I don’t see any compelling reason why we should have a greater chance of a Friday game than the other three hosts.

Hopefully someone like Petrie has Damien Dempsey tickets too.
That scenario aside, I think we would be lobbying harder for Friday than the other prospective hosts.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Ulster have a history of Friday night lights. It makes sense in December but in June it may as well be a Saturday afternoon to allow people to enjoy the build up a bit more. In saying that we'll all be celebrating lizzies big day