Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by justinr73 »

I’d be looking to mix it up next season.

Night games at PNE are much more of an occasion due to their infrequency and the atmosphere is better for it. Even went on a twenty game Tuesday night home unbeaten run some years ago, despite getting regularly beaten on Saturdays.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Sharks Friday May 20th 7:35pm BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:00 pm Ulster have a history of Friday night lights. It makes sense in December but in June it may as well be a Saturday afternoon to allow people to enjoy the build up a bit more. In saying that we'll all be celebrating lizzies big day Image

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk
Saturday night sounds perfect.

A street party to warm up and then off to the match!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:27 am Wins for munster and the stormers tomorrow means we get the bulls in the qf. If only one of them win we get the sharks again although bonus points will come into the equation.
If they both lose we get the winners of Glasgow/ Edinburgh and a possible home sf.

Correct me if I'm wrong Neil, but if one of them win, then we can get either the other one or Sharks?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

big mervyn wrote:
jean valjean wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:27 am Wins for munster and the stormers tomorrow means we get the bulls in the qf. If only one of them win we get the sharks again although bonus points will come into the equation.
If they both lose we get the winners of Glasgow/ Edinburgh and a possible home sf.

Correct me if I'm wrong Neil, but if one of them win, then we can get either the other one or Sharks?
Need to know who comes out top if either munster or stormers have same points as sharks. If all on same points I think it would be stormers, sharks then munster given the SA sides will have lost less??

Last edited by jean valjean on Sat May 21, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:23 pm

You are correct.

So much ballix talked (on BBC) about going for a bp last night.

Surely BPs were irrelevant. Maybe Neil can provide a scenario where a BP would have been any use to Ulster last night.

If the team were genuinely pushing for a BP as Rory and Tommy suggested - someone at UR needs to be sacked!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:38 pm
big mervyn wrote:

Need to know who comes out top if either munster or stormers have same points as sharks. If all on same points I think it would be stormers, sharks then munster given the SA sides will have lost less??

Same wins so it would go to points difference meaning, almost certainly, Munster then Sharks then Stormers.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:41 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:23 pm

You are correct.

So much ballix talked (on BBC) about going for a bp last night.

Surely BPs were irrelevant. Maybe Neil can provide a scenario where a BP would have been any use to Ulster last night.

If the team were genuinely pushing for a BP as Rory and Tommy suggested - someone at UR needs to be sacked!
I think the BP would only have potentially been of use if Ulster had won by a big enough margin to overturn their points difference deficits with Stormers (currently -33) and/or Munster (-78!)
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

From a post on Planet Rugby:

'Really impressed with the Skinstad as a pundit, apart from his incisive & impartial analysis he has a very witty turn of phrase. He described the Sharks attack at one point as " Ringing the doorbell rather than pushing in the door". An instance of pushing & shoving sorted out by Vermuelen interceding to separate everyone he described as "Vermuelen moving in to gather up the handbags". Class.'

:D
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Stormers and Munster win. Ulster get Bulls.

Stormers Win, Munster lose with no BP. Ulster get Munster
Stormers Win, Munster get 1-3 points. Ulster get Sharks

Munster win, Stormers lose with no BP. Ulster get Stormers
Munster win, Stormers get 1-3 points. Ulster get Sharks.

Neither Munster nor Stormers Win. Ulster gets winning Scottish.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Scenario: Stormer win ...
Munster are 8 points down and the clock is red. They get a penalty.
Kick the 3 for a trip to SA
or kick it wide for a trip to Ravenhill.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

>crazy1 :scratch:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

solidarity wrote:From a post on Planet Rugby:

'Really impressed with the Skinstad as a pundit, apart from his incisive & impartial analysis he has a very witty turn of phrase. He described the Sharks attack at one point as " Ringing the doorbell rather than pushing in the door". An instance of pushing & shoving sorted out by Vermuelen interceding to separate everyone he described as "Vermuelen moving in to gather up the handbags". Class.'

:D
Yeah I like Bobby. Trimble is actually funny too in fairness. 1F is getting worse. Last night at times I thought he was completely incoherent. Like in his playing days, a train that has no station, but not in a good way.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:28 pm Scenario: Stormer win ...
Munster are 8 points down and the clock is red. They get a penalty.
Kick the 3 for a trip to SA
or kick it wide for a trip to Ravenhill.
These are the pitfalls of non-synchronised fixtures in the final round.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

By the way does anyone know how the semi final venues are chosen?

From URC:
Semi-final 1 (SF1) - the winner of QF1 versus the winner of QF4. The winner of QF1 will be the ‘home’ Club unless Pro Rugby Championship determines otherwise.

Semi-final 2 (SF2) - the winner of QF2 versus the winner of QF3. The winner of QF2 will be the ‘home’ Club unless Pro Rugby Championship determines otherwise.,

Also from URC:
The two highest-ranked winners from the Final Eight (quarter-finals) will play their Final Four fixtures (semi-finals) at home
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Two away wins is about even money with the bookies.
Two home wins is about 12/1.

The odds for the other scenarios are a tad more complicated.
Big Neville Southall