Ulster v Munster Friday June 3 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / TG4 / URC TV / Supersport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

10 or 15 only
Initiate

Re: Ulster v Munster Friday June 3 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / TG4 / URC TV / Supersport

Post by 10 or 15 only »

If I remember correctly the Munster team last time round simply lay across the field in numbers just like league rugby. Our backs never got a look in and the wingers hardly touched the ball. Dan needs a plan for that as we were simply smothered. Billy needs a big game to try to dictate but maybe wishful thinking.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Munster Friday June 3 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 2 / TG4 / URC TV / Supersport

Post by Dave »

10 or 15 only wrote:If I remember correctly the Munster team last time round simply lay across the field in numbers just like league rugby. Our backs never got a look in and the wingers hardly touched the ball. Dan needs a plan for that as we were simply smothered. Billy needs a big game to try to dictate but maybe wishful thinking.
Yes they have our number alright. We will see that again today. Without Beirne they may not compete so much at the breakdown. They will probably have big Stu well marked with a big midfield. I think they have too much experience across the park. They screen the box kick very too. They sort of leave the only option as through the middle.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Munster certainly wouldn’t have won without Beirne at their place and they’ve helped us by not picking Casey.

As long as we keep the penalty count low and find a way of securing our ball at the line out then the scoreboard will be our friend.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:29 am The Munster lads are having a brew at General Merchants at the moment. Mrs justinr73 apparently disrupted their preparations with some enthusiastic horn sounding.
Did anyone slip some laxative into their mochacinos?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

StandUp wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:50 pm
justinr73 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:29 am The Munster lads are having a brew at General Merchants at the moment. Mrs justinr73 apparently disrupted their preparations with some enthusiastic horn sounding.
Given the length of time you seem to have to queue outside, I bet most of them needed a tom kite by the time their coffee arrived.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:10 pm
StandUp wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:50 pm
Given the length of time you seem to have to queue outside, I bet most of them needed a tom kite by the time their coffee arrived.
:lol:
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Just so we all know.....
In the event of a tie at full-time of a Final Series Stage Match, the winner of that Match shall be determined by reference to the following rules:

Extra time will be played in accordance with the protocol set out at Appendix Two to these Championship Rules and the Club that scores the most points in such extra time shall be deemed the winner of that Match.

If the scores are tied after extra time, then the Club that has scored the most tries in that Match (including extra time) shall be deemed the winner of that Match.

If the scores are tied after extra time and the Clubs have scored the same number of tries in that Match (including extra time), then the winner of the Match will be determined by a place-kick competition conducted in accordance with Appendix Three to these Championship Rules.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cooney and Doak in that place kicking duel could be decent. Unlikely to have both on the field.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

10 or 15 only wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:24 pm If I remember correctly the Munster team last time round simply lay across the field in numbers just like league rugby. Our backs never got a look in and the wingers hardly touched the ball. Dan needs a plan for that as we were simply smothered. Billy needs a big game to try to dictate but maybe wishful thinking.
Forwards never punched holes to suck in defence. Halfbacks rarely kicked tactically to slow line speed & ulster in general lacked intensity. It was shockingly easy for Munster.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:12 pm Cooney and Doak in that place kicking duel could be decent. Unlikely to have both on the field.
Should be playing for penalties, Munster are guff at them pal
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:12 pm Cooney and Doak in that place kicking duel could be decent. Unlikely to have both on the field.
Madigan, doak and cooney would be hard to beat.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:46 pm
Healy especially.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Hopefully they start time wasting early on then, mate.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:53 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Madigan, doak and cooney would be hard to beat.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk
Mads prob the pick of them in that scenario.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

McCloskey's stats are ridiculous.