Stormers v Ulster Saturday June 11 2pm UK Time Premier Sports / RTE / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday June 11 2pm UK Time Premier Sports / RTE / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Bart S »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:36 pm
Bart S wrote:The Stormers didn't score from mins 15-80 and clearly should have done with the opportunities they had. Ulster were lucky enough to still be 5 up.

More than game management for me it is the lack of good bench options which mean guys are out on their feet. Even Tredwell who can make an impact can also be a liability at key times with discipline.
Treadwell with possibly the stupidest penalty that cost Ulster the game in the end. Herring or Hendy says ‘disciple,this our season.’ 10seconds later and Treadwell pulling with the outside arm to gain absolutely nothing whatsoever—crazy,crazy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. I thought that also. Allowed them a free route back into the 22 and pressure right back on. You could argue the other errors/pens conceded were as a result of pressure but this one was needless.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday June 11 2pm UK Time Premier Sports / RTE / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Our bridesmaid’s dress is getting very worn and tattered. That was a game we should have won - no doubt. Fatigue seemed to play a part but lack of game management played a bigger part. We didn’t use our bench well - Burns should have been off much earlier. I’m not convinced the conversion was valid but we would have lost in extra time anyway! Another sad day for Ulster Rugby!
Last edited by Hans Indaruck on Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope is not a strategy.
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

fermain wrote:Poor game Mgmt imo. If it had gone extra time we were fu ked anyway
If we’d won we’d have been completely fu ked next week anyway

Tap+Go
Novice

Post by Tap+Go »

Bart S wrote:The Stormers didn't score from mins 15-80 and clearly should have done with the opportunities they had. Ulster were lucky enough to still be 5 up.

More than game management for me it is the lack of good bench options which mean guys are out on their feet. Even Tredwell who can make an impact can also be a liability at key times with discipline.
Treadwell with possibly the stupidest penalty that cost Ulster the game in the end. Herring or Hendy says ‘disciple,this our season.’ 10seconds later and Treadwell pulling with the outside arm to gain absolutely nothing whatsoever—crazy,crazy stuff.

Yeah watching with my son & when saw Treadwell coming on he said that he could make a bit of an impact & I said he can also give away dumb penalties & right on que at that line out!! Just why?! :banghead:
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

We lost that game in the regular season. Have to finish top 2 in the league. No ifs buts or maybes.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

Just not good enough,getting abit pathetic now for many many years now. call it a day Ulster .
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:24 pm Is that the pluckiest defeat yet?
It's certainly up there with 0-3 Sarries, the 1 point aggregate loss v Toulouse, Leinster at the Aviva where Jacob dropped the ball, Leinster at the RDS when Robbie couldn't make the hard nanometers, Clermont away when 1F was interfered with, that league semi in Glasgow ... to name a few. There are probably others ...
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Vanhelsing wrote:Just not good enough,getting abit pathetic now for many many years now. call it a day Ulster .
Wise up you plonker.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
rogni
Novice

Post by rogni »

Absolutely gutted. No faith in bench probably cost us, that and Balacoune injury. Herring should have scored but as others have said, it’s been a long time since the ‘highly effective Ulster maul’ has been effective! It’s gonna be a long trip home for the boys.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:09 pm
Vanhelsing wrote:Just not good enough,getting abit pathetic now for many many years now. call it a day Ulster .
Wise up you plonker.

If he had two brains he'd be twice as stupid.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

The bench or lack thereof was the problem. Had to run the starters ragged and they were goosed at 50mins. If we had a credible bench we would have been planning to put them on at 50 instead we literally had to wait til people started to collapse
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Ulster have collapsed when the bench have come on before. It's the lack of quality there upfront particularly.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Injuries always costly. Baloucoune was having such a good game. Who knows what he might have created if he stayed on. Also that last play in which we had no cover out wide against 14? I feel like Baloucoune might have done something special. If, but, maybe, bla bla bla...if your Aunty had balls she could still be your aunty these days.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Bart S wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:40 pm

Yup. I thought that also. Allowed them a free route back into the 22 and pressure right back on. You could argue the other errors/pens conceded were as a result of pressure but this one was needless.

Also, At 72.20 we had the ball on their 10 metre line. Cooney chose to kick into the back 3's arms ( Deja vu Toulouse) . 1 minute later we are defending in our own 22. How many times are we going to keep doing this??
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Vanhelsing wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:07 pm Just not good enough,getting abit pathetic now for many many years now. call it a day Ulster .
I'm putting this down to raw emotion and/or a lot of pints rather than a dumb comment from you.