Stormers v Ulster Saturday June 11 2pm UK Time Premier Sports / RTE / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday June 11 2pm UK Time Premier Sports / RTE / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by justinr73 »

Bobbievee wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:51 am Rumn
correct on all fronts. Every time.
But genuine question. When and where was this specific penalty of which you speak? I must have missed it
Good question.

Herring going close came after a pen on 55 minutes within 5 metres of the line.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday June 11 2pm UK Time Premier Sports / RTE / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Bobbievee »

thank you
at 25 mins still to go, a close call, but I would still go with Rumn............and that doesn't happen often!
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Bobbievee wrote:thank you
at 25 mins still to go, a close call, but I would still go with Rumn............and that doesn't happen often!
The amount of disrespect for taking 3 points on offer annoys me. Leinster did it as well.

Knockout rugby-take the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

I may be wrong but from memory it was quite close to the touchline and therefore not an easy kick.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Bart S wrote:I may be wrong but from memory it was quite close to the touchline and therefore not an easy kick.
To make it a 2 score game in a semi final, you take your points if offered.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

This is where Ulster need to dig into the data. See what the more likely outcome is. Probably too much of an emotional or impulsive decision to go to the corner.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

kingofthehill wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:27 am
Bart S wrote:I may be wrong but from memory it was quite close to the touchline and therefore not an easy kick.
To make it a 2 score game in a semi final, you take your points if offered.

Not an easy kick, but very similar to the kick their out half put over to win the game.

From there on in scoreboard pressure mounts on the team chasing.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Bobbievee wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:04 am thank you
With you on this, and isn't that exactly what the Bulls did the previous evening, which Dan said he had watched in the pre-match interview (as if he needed to)? BUT, at the heels of the hunt, as Neilly would say, we were given a try on a forward pass so we lost (imho) because of the third quarter more than anything BUT can someone help me here as to why you the winger would not stay out on the winning try scorer, and trust our 14 to keep out 13 inside?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Steyn was in front of the posts with four minutes left of course, although I agree with you that there was more to the defeat than not kicking a pen, however predictable that argument is in the wake of a two point defeat.
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

Tap+Go wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:41 am
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:37 pm 1 Callum Reid
2 Tom Stewart
3 Jeffrey Toomaga-Allen
4 Cormac Izuchukwu
5 Frank Bradshaw Ryan
7 Sean Reffell
8 David McCann

Hopefully some of the answers will be found in that pack with a mix of the emerging and the new.
Gap in the back row is telling. Big drop off from Marcus, Duane & Nick. We’re in need of some real dynamism & hardness. Looks like some potentially may come through the academy eventually with Crothers, Sheridan, McLaughlin & McNabney but as shown with McCann they are likely to take time. Even some of the Leinster 2nds or 3rds - a Deegan, Penney or Ruddock would add to the squad.
Surely McCann is suited to blindside.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:1 Callum Reid
2 Tom Stewart
3 Jeffrey Toomaga-Allen
4 Cormac Izuchukwu
5 Frank Bradshaw Ryan
6 Harry Sheridan
7 Sean Reffell
8 David McCann

Hopefully some of the answers will be found in that pack with a mix of the emerging and the new.
Sheridan listed as lock/ backrow. Worth an inspection in preseason maybe?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

Dave wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:54 pm Sheridan listed as lock/ backrow. Worth an inspection in preseason maybe?
Sheridan was good for the U20s, bit of grizzle about him
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

launish116 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:08 pm
Dave wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:54 pm Sheridan listed as lock/ backrow. Worth an inspection in preseason maybe?
He played in the preseason games against Saracens last year and fitted in pretty seamlessly. Very physical and has a high work rate. Presumably the younger forwards are held back a little to let them be ready for the added physicality of senior pro games. Thought Sheridan looked pretty good.
Tap+Go
Novice

Post by Tap+Go »

Captained Irish Students to the big victory over French Students recently so hopefully a bit of leadership about him too.
McCann & Crothers captained Irish U20s, while McNabney captained the U19s in the games against the French so certainly doing it at underage level - need these forwards to start coming through at seniors. Takes longer with the forwards but Penney at Leinster is still only 22 & is approaching 50 games for Leinster so need to start looking at opportunities to blood them - would they be worse than Matty Rea on the bench?! You have wonder how others were ahead of Marcus Rea who is 24 & been largely ignored until this season & shown he has been clearly able to step up.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Tap+Go wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:52 pm
Captained Irish Students to the big victory over French Students recently so hopefully a bit of leadership about him too.
McCann & Crothers captained Irish U20s, while McNabney captained the U19s in the games against the French so certainly doing it at underage level - need these forwards to start coming through at seniors. Takes longer with the forwards but Penney at Leinster is still only 22 & is approaching 50 games for Leinster so need to start looking at opportunities to blood them - would they be worse than Matty Rea on the bench?! You have wonder how others were ahead of Marcus Rea who is 24 & been largely ignored until this season & shown he has been clearly able to step up.
Cian Prendergast 30 plus caps at Connacht, same U20 year as McCann, Prendergast will be thereabouts for NZ tour.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18