URC 2021/22 - Other Sides

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

volvo
Novice

Re: URC 2021/22 - Other Sides

Post by volvo »

Will probably be Mike Adamson knowing our luck :puker:
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Lots of free seats in the RDS today, so we're not the only ones struggling to attract fans.

The best you can say for Scottish rugby at the minute is, 'At least Embra didn't embarrass themselves.'
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:07 pm Lots of free seats in the RDS today, so we're not the only ones struggling to attract fans.

The best you can say for Scottish rugby at the minute is, 'At least Embra didn't embarrass themselves.'
Weegies embarrassed themselves, their families, their country and their sport.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Must say I was worried about how the SA teams would take to the URC, with them perhaps harking back to the super rugby days. Watching the scenes when the bulls got the drop goal yesterday (to win a QF) it is clear to see they have bought into it big style. I suppose we shouldn't underestimate the draw for fans of games on TV at the right time and seeing their teams win games. The overall management of the competition has improved and will only get better, and if the scheduling improves to assist teams travelling it should go from strength to strength. We need the Welsh to step up, sort themselves out and stop looking over the Severn at a league that doesn't want them.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Glasgow Warriors have sacked head coach Danny Wilson in the wake of Saturday's quarter-final hammering at the RDS.

Not a surprise to be honest, they seemed to down tools in the 2nd half especially.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Neill_M wrote:Glasgow Warriors have sacked head coach Danny Wilson in the wake of Saturday's quarter-final hammering at the RDS.

Not a surprise to be honest, they seemed to down tools in the 2nd half especially.
Judging by his comments after the game he knew he was on his way and tried to pin it on the players.

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:38 pm
Neill_M wrote:Glasgow Warriors have sacked head coach Danny Wilson in the wake of Saturday's quarter-final hammering at the RDS.

Judging by his comments after the game he knew he was on his way and tried to pin it on the players.

Well it was the players who let Leinster waltz past them at will.

It was embarrassing.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Its not a big surprise but there must be a few others who must be wondering if they will also be “stood down” too.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

When we pull the Mexican pants down in the final, will Plug be stood down?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Connacht Rugby are delighted to confirm that Phase 1 of the historic redevelopment of The Sportsground has now begun with the installation of a new artificial playing surface and floodlight system.

Following preliminary works earlier this week, a full excavation of the pitch is now underway to allow the laying of a new state-of-the-art surface ahead of the 2022/23 season.

The new artificial surface will enable Connacht Rugby to retain The Sportsground as both its training and playing base long into the future with additional capacity to continue hosting the very many club and school games that take place in the Sportsground every year.

Meanwhile Phase 2 of the redevelopment will soon be entering the procurement phase leading to the construction of a state-of-the-art High Performance Centre and the construction of a new North Stand to follow thereafter.

The plastic pitch will no doubt get a mixed reception from their fans. New capacity will be 12,000 once the work is complete.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Neill_M wrote:Connacht Rugby are delighted to confirm that Phase 1 of the historic redevelopment of The Sportsground has now begun with the installation of a new artificial playing surface and floodlight system.

Following preliminary works earlier this week, a full excavation of the pitch is now underway to allow the laying of a new state-of-the-art surface ahead of the 2022/23 season.

The new artificial surface will enable Connacht Rugby to retain The Sportsground as both its training and playing base long into the future with additional capacity to continue hosting the very many club and school games that take place in the Sportsground every year.

Meanwhile Phase 2 of the redevelopment will soon be entering the procurement phase leading to the construction of a state-of-the-art High Performance Centre and the construction of a new North Stand to follow thereafter.

The plastic pitch will no doubt get a mixed reception from their fans. New capacity will be 12,000 once the work is complete.
They can always be referred to as plastic paddies

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Well at least we lost to the eventual champions.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Shoulda been us!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Looks like a new look Dragons https://www.unitedrugby.com/latest/news ... 1M,2FQ9M,1
I hope they begin to make headway in their new era.