Ireland ? in New Zealand

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Ireland ? in New Zealand

Post by rumncoke »

Nobody here seems interested I wonder Why?

Anyway if it is a 5 -0 thumping I for one won't be surprised .

Looking at the squad you could say it contains 5 out- halfs Sexton," a past his sell-by" an Injury waiting to happen, Carberry likewise, Byrne (h) like Carberry his game resembles a paint by numbers painting completed by a dyslexic blind man, Frawley, a player who is a better 12 than 10 -- his kicking from hand lacks accuracy and consistency and Lowry -- if he faced the ABs at out-half must have a death wish -- the back row would run at him all afternoon --nothing they like better than hitting a small guy late .

As I say 5 out -halfs not one the equal of an out-half hidden under a heap of D4 dung . The smell of their dung I hope --must be really getting to them .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Re: Ireland ? in New Zealand

Post by Dublin4 »

Ireland will be absolutely hammered in every match. Remember the day of infamy last time in 2012? 60 nil in Hamilton. More of the same, I expect.
I see the tour is over for Henderson with a knee injury even before it starts.
Nothing pleasant about mid winter in NZ. Very nice for summer holidays but the rain this time of the year...
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I take it that was the game when a flyweight was matched against a light heavy in the centre whose motto was "if I can't run round them I 'll run over them.'
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The game will be broadcast live on SKY SPORTS and RTE Radio.

Māori All Blacks v IRELAND FMG Stadium, Hamilton, Wednesday 29 June 2022 KO: 8.05am (UK/IRE time)

15. Jimmy O’Brien (Leinster/Naas) uncapped
14. Jordan Larmour (Leinster/St Mary’s College) 30 caps
13. James Hume (Ulster/Banbridge) 3 caps
12. Bundee Aki (Connacht/Galwegians) 37 caps captain
11. Keith Earls (Munster/Young Munster) 96 caps
10. Ciaran Frawley (Leinster/Skerries) uncapped
9. Craig Casey (Munster/Shannon) 5 caps

1. Jeremy Loughman (Munster/Garryowen) uncapped
2. Dave Heffernan (Connacht/Buccaneers) 6 caps
3. Tom O’Toole (Ulster/Ballynahinch) 2 caps
4. Joe McCarthy (Leinster/Dublin) uncapped
5. Kieran Treadwell (Ulster/Ballymena) 5 caps
6. Cian Prendergast (Connacht) uncapped
7. Nick Timoney (Ulster/Banbridge) 2 caps
8. Gavin Coombes (Munster/Young Munster) 2 caps

Replacements

16. Niall Scannell (Dolphin/Munster) 20 caps
17. Cian Healy (Leinster/Clontarf) 116 caps
18. Finlay Bealham (Connacht/Buccaneers) 23 caps
19. Ryan Baird (Leinster/Dublin University) 8 caps
20. Jack Conan (Leinster/Old Belvedere) 27 caps
21. Conor Murray (Munster/Garryowen) 96 caps
22. Joey Carbery (Munster/Clontarf) 32 caps
23. Michael Lowry (Ulster/Banbridge) 1 cap

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

rumncoke wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:52 am Nobody here seems interested I wonder Why?

Anyway if it is a 5 -0 thumping I for one won't be surprised .

Looking at the squad you could say it contains 5 out- halfs Sexton," a past his sell-by" an Injury waiting to happen, Carberry likewise, Byrne (h) like Carberry his game resembles a paint by numbers painting completed by a dyslexic blind man, Frawley, a player who is a better 12 than 10 -- his kicking from hand lacks accuracy and consistency and Lowry -- if he faced the ABs at out-half must have a death wish -- the back row would run at him all afternoon --nothing they like better than hitting a small guy late .

As I say 5 out -halfs not one the equal of an out-half hidden under a heap of D4 dung . The smell of their dung I hope --must be really getting to them .
Fine lyrical form this morning Rumn!
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

For any Sky TV viewers who, like me, don't pay out for Sky Sports access.

Sky are offering a rolling monthly deal at £14 p.m. for access to Sky Action and Sky Arena (Ch 407 & 408) where all the summer internationals are being shown. :cheers:
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

In a similar theme to previous post, if you don't have Sky, a one off monthly sub for all the Sky Sports channels of £33 via Now TV would cover all of the July tests for Ireland, England, Wales and Scotland.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Hume next ulster man to get a flight home.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Ffs.

Looked in plenty of discomfort.

Couldn’t seem to put weight through his left leg as he went off but he appeared to be clutching his abdominal area when he was on the ground.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Hume seemed to be walking around ok after the match so hopefully nothing too serious .
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Both Healy and Loughman looked to take knocks, so Ireland might to reinforce their loosehead options. Healy looked to really improve the scrum so would be a shame if he’s ruled out, I don’t like the thought of Loughman coming on against the All Blacks.

We need to call up an experienced operator who will be able to hold up a scrum… would love to see big Andy Warwick get a chance! Wishful thinking tho - it’ll be Ed Byrne (I would say his namesake’s comedian is more likely to get a call up than the Big License considering he’s from Leinster)
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Any thoughts on the game? I didn't see it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:Any thoughts on the game? I didn't see it.
Typical scrappy game with two thrown together sides with the one willing to have a go coming out on top ( see babas V England). Ireland were poor with casey, timoney, Coombes and aki the pick. Thought Mccarthy looked lost at times, shooting out of the line and given away offside penalties but he will be forgiven as the big 2nd row messiah. Otoole did another 80 mins so can't see him involved on sat. Hume hobbled off but it may have been a dig in the crown jewels rather than a muscle injury. Healy likely gone for the tour though.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Do you actually have to be a Maori to play for the Maoris or will a couple of Ta Moko tattoos and a liking for Kia Ora suffice?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Was this a capped game, must be the lowest amount of caps a starting Ireland pack have ever had (apart from their first capped game or two ever needless to say lol). Would have made sense to have a few older hands to start and give direction.