Ireland ? in New Zealand

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ireland ? in New Zealand

Post by Dave »

All the Ulster players are rubbish. Never select any again for any irish camp or tour.

Thanks.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

allezlesverres wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:20 pm
HammerTime wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:05 am As disappointing a season as it has been, Ulster have played very well over all and were millimetres from it being an exceptional season. Yet, if Dillane hadn’t moved to France Treadwell wouldn’t be on the bench and Ulster wouldn’t have a single player in the squad. What an absolute joke!!! Add to the fact that both Munster and Connaught have been dire this year. There would have been a time when I wouldn’t miss an Ireland match for the world but I couldn’t give a flying fcuk anymore.
Out of interest - which Ulster players do we say should be in the team?

Warwick: (amazing to say this) is hard done by not getting a late phone call to take over from Healy. He is the next best option at Loosehead
Moore: Should definitely have travelled and should have started tests when Furlong inevitably gets injured. Should have been first choice on the bench otherwise
Cooney?: we all know the score there and the other 9s all have an argument that they are there on merit (as poor as murray has been he is still good)
BB?: kicking from hand/clearing kicks have probably let him down. Could still get a phone call i suppose.
Stu: Definitely deserved a plane ticket but Henshaw is very good
Baloucoune, stockdale, Addison: would all be there but for injuries

So whilst it is disappointing not to have more Ulster players in the team, I dont think we can say that if we were in AF's shoes, we'd have picked a huge amount more from Ulster. Marty is the only really hard done by player and he might still be on his concussion holiday anyway.
Based on the performances of Prendegast and Joe McCarthy you could make a case for Marcus Rea and O'Connor for mid week games. It seems like O'bBrien is now flavour of the month at 15 and Lowry has dropped down the pecking order.
Ed Byrne now flying out as loose head cover which is beyond a joke.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Ed Burne --joke not a fair summation, but a true reflection of the lobe sided selection process and its consequences .

Since Byrne is a leinster player and over half the pack are leinster or multi-capped players from Munster the lad already knows the calls and manner in which the roles are allotted in the pack -- He can fit in easily . His selection doesn't necessarily mean he is better than those not selected but he can integrate quicker which is essential in a 5 match tour played over 3 weeks.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

When is the first match of the tour?

When will the team be announced?

Will it be on TV?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:When is the first match of the tour?

Will it be on TV?
Saturday. It's announced. Yes - rte/sky.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:59 pm

Will it be on TV?
Who's playing
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A re-enforced Leinster seconds captained by an "over the hill" ego
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

New mnemonic for Ireland. ABU….anything but Ulster.
Call up Byrne as a replacement… he knows the calls apparently.Warwick the prop who hasn’t taken a step back all season against best front rows from Europe or SA doesn’t even get a mention.
Pick Hume and don’t pick McC to continue with the most effective centre pairing in Ireland.Pick Aki and outside centre and wing don’t get a pass all day.
Out half position one injury away from disaster but no need to worry apparently there’s someone somewhere in the Leinster academy
Who can step up. Hope he who cannot even be mentioned is now having a laugh.
It somehow appears wrong with all that Ulster has achieved this season without some serious players present our representative on the Ireland team is a benched second row I happen to like but doesn’t regularly get a place on the Ulster team.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:59 pm

Will it be on TV?
Who's playing
Mostly kiwis.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

It's only on Sky Sports.
I am expecting a fifty pointer on Ireland.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

*RTE radio
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Big Stu apparently on a plane as cover for injured Hume, according to the Leinster forum. Would be well deserved if true.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Now the best centre in the squad.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Was hoping to see a few Ulster players tonight. I think a couple are injured but who should be knocking on the door?

AB selection isn't entirely convincing but with the coach out with covid and Joe Smidt involved it adds an element for sure.

If ABs go up early it could be a long night for ireland but if ireland can get the rush defence going and take their opportunities it could be close.

Can't see sexton surviving 3 tests.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

rumncoke wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:39 pm Ed Burne --joke not a fair summation, but a true reflection of the lobe sided selection process and its consequences .

Since Byrne is a leinster player and over half the pack are leinster or multi-capped players from Munster the lad already knows the calls and manner in which the roles are allotted in the pack -- He can fit in easily . His selection doesn't necessarily mean he is better than those not selected but he can integrate quicker which is essential in a 5 match tour played over 3 weeks.
Not much use knowing the calls if you are folding up like a deckchair in the scrums.