Ireland ? in New Zealand

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ireland ? in New Zealand

Post by rumncoke »

sorry about the card colour the wife has covid and me I'm not firing on all cylinders
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/62129265

Apparently Ireland No 2 in the world, France 1st

And Ireland could have been number 1 if the AN final try had been rebuffed.

Who compiles this crap?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

AB
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

By bench on Saturday would be Murray Fawley and Earls . Forget about Carberry tried tested and overrated .

The game yesterday was played by two sides with different approaches to the game the Ireland approach was basically a defensive power based approach, against a toothless shark, a team without a decent goal kicker whose game was based on counter attack with pace rather than power when the conditions (wind and rain) didn't suit the game plan .

A good result but the fact is for the players it was basically about good individual performances to gain experience .

The one player whose performance was less then perfect was Earls some very iffy passes.

If Ireland wish to play more "A " games Tonga and Fiji come to mind both sides play a similar game to that played by the MABs

Ireland's problem's arise when they meet a bigger side playing power rugby .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I see Doyle has done a piece on Tredders today.

My Leinster supporting acquaintance has been asking where we’ve been hiding him.

Still only 26 so could kick on from here.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:41 am I see Doyle has done a piece on Tredders today.

My Leinster supporting acquaintance has been asking where we’ve been hiding him.

From memory Treadwell had a man of the match performance against Leinster at Lansdowne Road in the HEC QF that we lost a few seasons back. Something Stockdale did or didn't do affected the result :duck:

He has always been capable of the big performance, he just doesn't seem to back it up consistently. Hopefully the time in camp with Paul O'Connell has made something click for him. His athletic attributes are phenomenal, he chased done a Maori kick like a winger, believe he arrived just after our full back. A big lad that can do that has the potential to go far.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:38 pm
justinr73 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:41 am I see Doyle has done a piece on Tredders today.

From memory Treadwell had a man of the match performance against Leinster at Lansdowne Road in the HEC QF that we lost a few seasons back. Something Stockdale did or didn't do affected the result :duck:

He has always been capable of the big performance, he just doesn't seem to back it up consistently. Hopefully the time in camp with Paul O'Connell has made something click for him. His athletic attributes are phenomenal, he chased done a Maori kick like a winger, believe he arrived just after our full back. A big lad that can do that has the potential to go far.
He always seemed a bit soft, to me, but the last season has seem fly into tackles and when carrying the ball. Just that bit of extra meannesss makes all the difference.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The bookies have fairly even odds for the Third Test.
I expect NZ to win by at least 20. We have accomplished our mission with the two wins and it is time for the backlash.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

He's been "hiding" for 126 appearances in an Ulster shirt.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Shocking first half from NZ, making it far too easy for Ireland. Heads must roll. Will there be any backlash?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

In other news, that was really good from Ireland.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dublin4 wrote:Shocking first half from NZ, making it far too easy for Ireland. Heads must roll. Will there be any backlash?
We fcuked them up by taking the SA teams from Super rugby. They look extremely undercooked playing the aussies.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Rob Herring vs four All Blacks
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Herring the match winner.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Mils looks very happy!