Ireland ? in New Zealand

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ireland ? in New Zealand

Post by rumncoke »

difference between leinster v ABs

Leinster played to the leinster game plan -- and ABs didn't have one and failed to identify the strengths and weaknesses in the Irish side

You don't kick up-n- unders into the Irish 22 --Irish back three are picked for catch and kick game -- lowe -- he's cart-horse who can't tackle a fish supper -- but he can catch a ball and kick 60-70 metres .

Keenan's try --a leinster play book special -- skip pass to Lowe on the wing 10 metres from the line -- pass back inside and a fall over the line pure leinster

The AB coaching team will get their P45s for that display and a few players will as well .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cormac wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:44 am Rob Herring vs four All Blacks
Huge mistake, which I'm delighted he made.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The Dukes of Wellington! :lol:
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Two weeks in a row, Herring and Treadwell come on and Ireland step up a gear to see things out! :fleg: :D :fleg:
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Victory only spoiled by Ingerland winning against the Aussies.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:35 pm Victory only spoiled by Ingerland winning against the Aussies.
The ridiculous proportion of non Irish players always spoils it for me regardless of the opposition (possible exception for Engerland) or outcome.

Professional rugby has levelled up tier 1. NZ used to be the only de facto professional team and this was undoubtedly a significant factor in their dominance.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:46 am
solidarity wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:35 pm Victory only spoiled by Ingerland winning against the Aussies.
The ridiculous proportion of non Irish players always spoils it for me regardless of the opposition (possible exception for Engerland) or outcome.

Professional rugby has levelled up tier 1. NZ used to be the only de facto professional team and this was undoubtedly a significant factor in their dominance.
I can just about stomach it, we had two in Aki and Gibson Park who became okay to play through immigration. Believe the rest are through parent or grandparent which I've no issue with.

New Zealand have gained also from the same ruling. Island boys moving to New Zealand at a young age or on a rugby scholarship. Appreciate you weren't saying they didn't in your post just using them as an example.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Well done Ireland cracked it on the day and the series.
Having felt the Irish second row was underpowered and going to prove to be a weak link I am happy to eat some humble pie.
For me the real worth on the tour was the development of the bench players who now need to be filtered into the test side before the World Cup.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:25 am

I can just about stomach it, we had two in Aki and Gibson Park who became okay to play through immigration. Believe the rest are through parent or grandparent which I've no issue with.

New Zealand have gained also from the same ruling. Island boys moving to New Zealand at a young age or on a rugby scholarship. Appreciate you weren't saying they didn't in your post just using them as an example.
... and Lowe. The grandparents rule doesn't cut it with me either. Rob and Hansens' ancestral trees don't make them Irish any more than my Liverpudlian granda makes me English.

Yeah everybody else does it but that doesn't make me anymore inclined to be patriotic about a bunch of carpetbaggers in green shirts.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

England deserved their win, but after the Ireland game, Aus v Eng looked like schoolboy rugby.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

But NZ have always had a huge proportion of non NZ players from their islanders which really isn't so different.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

But NZ have always had a huge proportion of non NZ players from their islanders which really isn't so different.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

allezlesverres wrote:

Or just as bad depending on your view.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

rumncoke wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:52 am Nobody here seems interested I wonder Why?

Anyway if it is a 5 -0 thumping I for one won't be surprised .

Looking at the squad you could say it contains 5 out- halfs Sexton," a past his sell-by" an Injury waiting to happen, Carberry likewise, Byrne (h) like Carberry his game resembles a paint by numbers painting completed by a dyslexic blind man, Frawley, a player who is a better 12 than 10 -- his kicking from hand lacks accuracy and consistency and Lowry -- if he faced the ABs at out-half must have a death wish -- the back row would run at him all afternoon --nothing they like better than hitting a small guy late .

As I say 5 out -halfs not one the equal of an out-half hidden under a heap of D4 dung . The smell of their dung I hope --must be really getting to them .
Just thought I would put Rumns first post on this thread up for a laugh!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

rumncoke wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:52 am Nobody here seems interested I wonder Why?

Anyway if it is a 5 -0 thumping I for one won't be surprised .

Looking at the squad you could say it contains 5 out- halfs Sexton," a past his sell-by" an Injury waiting to happen, Carberry likewise, Byrne (h) like Carberry his game resembles a paint by numbers painting completed by a dyslexic blind man, Frawley, a player who is a better 12 than 10 -- his kicking from hand lacks accuracy and consistency and Lowry -- if he faced the ABs at out-half must have a death wish -- the back row would run at him all afternoon --nothing they like better than hitting a small guy late .

As I say 5 out -halfs not one the equal of an out-half hidden under a heap of D4 dung . The smell of their dung I hope --must be really getting to them .
Just thought I would put Rumns first post on this thread up for a laugh!