Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Injury Update

Post by rumncoke »

I wonder every time I read "let's have Lowry at 10 " what those who seek to see him play 10 expect him to do .

If it is magical breaks every time he gets the ball -- Gaps don't happen very often in pro rugby and when they do -- the person making the break gets isolated about 70 % of the time .

Thus the ideal "10 " is basically a player with a delicate boot ( dropping the ball within 3 metres of his target whether short or long -- and finds touch when necessary ) a sound reader of the game with vision to see opportunities -- and possesses a consistent strong pass .

Speed and an eye for a break is really not a high priority -- a bonus but not essential.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Any news on herring, Stockdale, Addison and Henderson?
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

Apparently Jacob is having an MRI on his ankle, not the one that kept him out last year. Fingers crossed.
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
paddybrown
Novice

Post by paddybrown »

Squad update:

https://ulster.rugby/content/squad-upda ... tober-2022

Stockdale injured his right ankle - it's not a recurrence of the injury to his left ankle that kept him out for most of last season. Herring was concussed in the first half on Friday night and is going through the protocols.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Addison ready to play come November.

He was interviewed pitch side before kick off, went out over the PA system. He was more specific as to when in November he would be back playing but I couldn't make him out. Anyone else confirm?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:02 pm Addison ready to play come November.

He was interviewed pitch side before kick off, went out over the PA system. He was more specific as to when in November he would be back playing but I couldn't make him out. Anyone else confirm?
Zebre - 25 Nov.

(Only.match in November, afaik)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:09 pm

Zebre - 25 Nov.

Yes. He specifically mentioned Zebre in his BBC interview.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:28 pm

Zebre - 25 Nov.

Nov 2023 or 2024?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

So what kind of a backline are we able to put out next week? From last nights substitutions we could be without burns, madigan and McCloskey. Could we see flannery and doak given a chance to continue their partnership in SA? Baloucoune should come straight in, is Hume travelling?
It could make sense to play quite a few of the youngsters who have had 2 weeks acclimatising at altitude in the 23 and are able to hit the ground running this week.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Jetstream wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:56 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:28 pm

Zebre - 25 Nov.

Nov 2023 or 2024?
Optimist! :shock:

Nov 25 - it says above

I took that to mean 2025 :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:28 pm So what kind of a backline are we able to put out next week? From last nights substitutions we could be without burns, madigan and McCloskey. Could we see flannery and doak given a chance to continue their partnership in SA? Baloucoune should come straight in, is Hume travelling?
It could make sense to play quite a few of the youngsters who have had 2 weeks acclimatising at altitude in the 23 and are able to hit the ground running this week.

Will be interesting to see how we manage the next two fixtures, first stop the Lions on the Highveld followed by Sharks back down at sea level in Durban. Would be tempted to forgo the first game and go full metal jacket in the second. Valid point the lads already out there have been in Bloemfontein, which will put them in good stead for going to Jo'burg, another 350m odd higher up.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
jean valjean wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:28 pm So what kind of a backline are we able to put out next week? From last nights substitutions we could be without burns, madigan and McCloskey. Could we see flannery and doak given a chance to continue their partnership in SA? Baloucoune should come straight in, is Hume travelling?

Will be interesting to see how we manage the next two fixtures, first stop the Lions on the Highveld followed by Sharks back down at sea level in Durban. Would be tempted to forgo the first game and go full metal jacket in the second. Valid point the lads already out there have been in Bloemfontein, which will put them in good stead for going to Jo'burg, another 350m odd higher up.
The lions could be our better chance of victory as to me they are the weakest of the 4 SA sides. The sharks will likely have reintroduced their springboks and add their performance against leinster means it will be a very tough game. 2 wins out the next three will be a good return although by the time munster play us they could be in desperation territory.

Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Need a strong side for Lions for the win and aim for a couple of bonus points vs sharks.

The Munster game in 3 weeks time is the most important for me. It’s a 10pointer (for Europe qualification). Ulster need to be selecting their best available side for that match and go for the juggler. Ulster lost both Munster league fixtures last season, and they can’t let it happen again.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cooney Flannery
Moore Marshall
Lyttle Lowry Baloucoune

Something like that? Having said that hopefully subs were just precautionary.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:42 pm Cooney Flannery
Moore Marshall
Lyttle Lowry Baloucoune

Something like that? Having said that hopefully subs were just precautionary.
That’s a cracking attacking back line but might be a little light weight for those big saffers.